All Categories

Arena - Why isn't Speed a bigger factor in team power rating?

Arena - Why isn't Speed a bigger factor in team power rating?

Search
Comments
May 22, 2021, 12:4905/22/21
01/19/21

And yet they pretend otherwise and make use of it as if it was.

May 22, 2021, 13:5705/22/21
07/11/20

I agree with minigunner that team power needs to be taken with a large grain of salt. Yes there are clues hidden in it but they can be misleading too. 

IMHO, what should be displayed, and used for matching players, is an ELO style rating based purely on past results against other players. As is done in competitive chess and many other games and sports.

May 22, 2021, 14:3505/22/21
06/25/20
Elvie Honeydripper

I agree with minigunner that team power needs to be taken with a large grain of salt. Yes there are clues hidden in it but they can be misleading too. 

IMHO, what should be displayed, and used for matching players, is an ELO style rating based purely on past results against other players. As is done in competitive chess and many other games and sports.

I mean that is essentially what your current rating is. The only difference is that unlike in other places like chess, your rating resets once a week here.

What might be interesting would be to have *two* ratings, one that represents your current standing, and the other representing your "true" rating (IE not reset every week). The second would serve purely to help determine how strong you actually are.

May 22, 2021, 16:2805/22/21
May 22, 2021, 16:29(edited)
10/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

I mean that is essentially what your current rating is. The only difference is that unlike in other places like chess, your rating resets once a week here.

What might be interesting would be to have *two* ratings, one that represents your current standing, and the other representing your "true" rating (IE not reset every week). The second would serve purely to help determine how strong you actually are.

In Gold it would show how strong you are. In Silver and Bronze, with the Matchshitmaking algorithm they use, even an Elo rating would not show the true power.

They know that their matchmaking algorithm is stupid. Or why isn't it used in Gold as well? We know that the matchmaking algorithm is stupid. Or why isn't it used in Gold as well? They know, that we know that the matchmaking algorithm is stupid, otherwise they wouldn't pretend their change would be a "fix". 

May 22, 2021, 17:4805/22/21
02/05/21

How in the world, in bronze 3 i lost speed race when I have 280 speed in one champ??? how in the fckkkk do they have dutches, trunda and a kaimar??? how I see 3 dutches in a row in a reset?  Do plariun even take a look on what it is in bronze?????????????????????????????