All Categories

Arena - Why isn't Speed a bigger factor in team power rating?

Search
May 21, 2021, 13:0305/21/21
05/29/19

Plarium, 

If you want to fix the arena problem you need to increase the team power rating contributions from speed.  High silver / low gold tier with 300+ speed tuned teams at or below team power of 115?  

Speed should have more of a team power impact that Resistance or Crit Damage in my opinion.

Your silly decisions are slowly killing the enjoyment from this game.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 21, 2021, 14:1305/21/21
03/30/19

Why is this an issue? Can't you process that lower power teams are usually fast? It's easy to identify the speed teams. 

May 21, 2021, 14:1805/21/21
07/05/19

Because the veterans like to hide them, and for Plarium it makes it easier for them to sell speed sets and glyphs...

May 21, 2021, 14:5605/21/21
May 21, 2021, 22:21(edited)
05/29/19
(JR) RAMBO

Why is this an issue? Can't you process that lower power teams are usually fast? It's easy to identify the speed teams. 

Speed kills - why isn't it a larger factor in team power?  Simple as that.

AND - it would help the match-making algorithm for Bronze and Silver immensely - all those Arbiter teams would be high-speed and wouldn't match against a nubie trying to progress in Bronze and Silver.

This isn't about me "getting gud dude", this is about the right thing for the game to stem the attrition of new to mid-game players leaving in frustration.

May 21, 2021, 21:0405/21/21
04/22/20

The OP is completely right about this. Speed is the most important factor in an arena team, so it should be the largest contributor to arena team power. 

May 21, 2021, 21:1605/21/21
06/25/20

Agreed on speed contributing more to overall team power.

May 21, 2021, 21:4505/21/21
12/19/19

smh.... 

If you think changing the power calculation to include speed makes any sense you are likely struggling and will continue regardless of any changes to arena.  I would recommend finding a less strategic game more in the "collection" genre. 

May 21, 2021, 22:0205/21/21
May 21, 2021, 22:05(edited)
05/29/19
Trips

smh.... 

If you think changing the power calculation to include speed makes any sense you are likely struggling and will continue regardless of any changes to arena.  I would recommend finding a less strategic game more in the "collection" genre. 

Again, the experienced players can and will adjust to the power calculation.  This change would help to insulate the NEW and MID-GAME players from running into Arbiter speed-comps before they're even in Gold tier.

Please try to think.  This is for the betterment of the game.

PS - my day job is managing IT teams in developing and improving data-analytics dashboards and reports fed by 5+ years of relational data-cubes.

May 21, 2021, 22:1105/21/21
12/19/19
Trieg

Again, the experienced players can and will adjust to the power calculation.  This change would help to insulate the NEW and MID-GAME players from running into Arbiter speed-comps before they're even in Gold tier.

Please try to think.  This is for the betterment of the game.

PS - my day job is managing IT teams in developing and improving data-analytics dashboards and reports fed by 5+ years of relational data-cubes.

I would stick to IT and leave the analytics to those more qualified

May 21, 2021, 22:1305/21/21
May 21, 2021, 22:13(edited)
05/29/19
Trips

I would stick to IT and leave the analytics to those more qualified

Wow - articulate adult counter-point.  "I'm rubber, you're glue, bounces of me, and sticks on you" - grow up silly fan-boi.

May 21, 2021, 22:5805/21/21
05/13/19

I  feel  like  your  Title  is  a  trick  question.

"Why  isn't  Speed  a  Bigger  Factor  in  team  power  rating?"

Isn't  the  answer  "Because  Speed  doesn't really  do  anything?"

I  can  build  a  lvl  30  hero  to  have  250  Speed.

250  Speed  would  be  fast  enough  to  go  before  some  Arena  Players.

What  is  my  lvl  30  hero  going  to  do  vs.  enemy?

Give  them  a  big  hug?

He  has   250  Speed.

He  went  before  Enemy  Team.

He  isn't considered  a  Threat.

The  Debuffer  is  a  Threat.

The  Nuker  is  a  Threat.

The  game  gives  more  power  to  heroes  which  have  threating  qualities.

May 21, 2021, 23:0805/21/21
06/25/20
Player J

Give  them  a  big  hug?

He  has   250  Speed.

That is actually a very good point, and arguably gives a good way of handling it. Speed should be treated as a power *multiplier*, rather than being additive. If you have a poorly geared champ with high speed, you'll still have a low power rating.

May 21, 2021, 23:0805/21/21
May 21, 2021, 23:09(edited)
05/29/19

@Player J

Exactly the strategy several experienced players are using - creating trap teams of 1-2 champs below level 60 - Speed into Speed into Debuff into one max nuker.

• Speed 1 - above 300+ speed, and is no real threat on their own, but helps the rest of the team go real fast - speed boost + speed aura
  • Speed 2 - minimal threat, goes second in the speed tuen, and adds another speed boost skill
  • Debuff champ - high acc to land debuffs 99%
  • Nuker - all +CR and +CD = 100k or more damage

Total team power is less than 115k.  New players and mid-game players trying to progress and to climb into Gold tier can't compete with that.  

Make speed add +1 to team power for every 3 points of speed +/- and it might balance out.

May 21, 2021, 23:4205/21/21
07/05/19
Player J

Give  them  a  big  hug?

He  has   250  Speed.

"speed doesn't do anything"

In other threads, "clearly your team needs speed speed speed!"

May 22, 2021, 00:5005/22/21
05/13/19
lee.ozz.0213

"speed doesn't do anything"

In other threads, "clearly your team needs speed speed speed!"

Depends  on  what  threads  your  looking  at.

Some  threads  I  say  Resist,  Resist,  Resist 

Other  threads  I  might  say  Defense,  Defense,  Defense 

May 22, 2021, 02:3305/22/21
07/05/19
Player J

Depends  on  what  threads  your  looking  at.

Some  threads  I  say  Resist,  Resist,  Resist 

Other  threads  I  might  say  Defense,  Defense,  Defense 

Yeah... Never saw those on your arena threads, just speed speed speed.

As to others that question why Plarium will never put speed at equal weight to player power formula, It's as simple as how speed is calculated in the power formula, allows them to hide at lower groups, that's one of the reason why speed meta is successfull, it allows them to avoid the high def high res teams early on, which are on contrast being highlighted by their huge team power numbers.

A 70k team power speed team would maybe equal to a 140k def/res team, so it boosted their ego hence making it easier for plarium to sell speed stuffs, making it as if it doesn't really add up to anything but it will allow people to tackle bigger number teams, a simple ego booster to entice people to buy stuffs. Seriously have anyone noticed how much more expensive a pack is ifnit contains a speed glyph in it?

That's why Plarium wouldn't change how speed is calculated.

May 22, 2021, 08:0205/22/21
07/31/20

simple answer: None of Raid Shadow Legend's designers know speed is such important till players prove that (about one year later).  

How come game designers do not know their games well ? none of today games are made from scratch, developer buy a game engine, adding scenes, models and they look up, look down, look left, look right, look like this game, look like that game ... 

May 22, 2021, 10:2105/22/21
12/24/19

I dont know why are you stressing out about arbitary number such as Player power or Champion power.

It is designed as an rough indicator of a player power and is just prevalent in bronze and silver tier of Arena for matchmaking as of recent update. Other than that, you dont have missions that require to obtain certain power to pass it or any power requirements in the game.

Your speed team of 150k power can beat resistance team of 300k power because your carry is stacked with crit dmg and your Serris has 500+ accuracy? Good for you.

Your 200k team with everyone having mere 200 resistance and no speed or a bad comp overall is losing to speed team of 90k power? I think you should change something.

My two cents are, focus on what works for you and dont triffle with arbitary numbers such as power. :)

May 22, 2021, 10:2405/22/21
10/15/20

I actually dont want them to do this.

Why? because if speed is part of the metric i have no way of knowing if a team is fast.

Right now, if a team is under 120k power i know its going to be super quick.

May 22, 2021, 10:3505/22/21
01/19/21
minigunner47

I dont know why are you stressing out about arbitary number such as Player power or Champion power.

It is designed as an rough indicator of a player power and is just prevalent in bronze and silver tier of Arena for matchmaking as of recent update. Other than that, you dont have missions that require to obtain certain power to pass it or any power requirements in the game.

Your speed team of 150k power can beat resistance team of 300k power because your carry is stacked with crit dmg and your Serris has 500+ accuracy? Good for you.

Your 200k team with everyone having mere 200 resistance and no speed or a bad comp overall is losing to speed team of 90k power? I think you should change something.

My two cents are, focus on what works for you and dont triffle with arbitary numbers such as power. :)

Do me a favor and tell Plarium that, because the official position is that power is a great indicator.

May 22, 2021, 12:0505/22/21
12/24/19

Its just a metric thats there and serves as an indicator. There isnt really emphasis that power is concise indicator of strength and there always have been cases where lower power beat higher power simply because of a better composition or faster team.

We could also argue in math why is 2+2=4 or why is root of -1 i and not some other letter. Formula for champion power works as it does, and given that no matter how much you try to tweak it, it will never ever be 100% accurate indicator of actual power. There simply isnt need to change the formula and invest time in reworking it as you ll never get formula that makes power absolute indicator of strength. There are just way too many variables.

And even with that power working the way it does, it can still tell you quite a bit.

120k power player in gold 4 with blender comp? He probably has 320+ speed Arbiter.

300+k power team with Krisk and 2-3 healers and revivers? He probably has 400-500 resistance on all champions and 3-4k defense, just designed to be unkillable unless you can on pass accuracy check and one shot them.