All Categories

Who should I work on next?

Search
May 18, 2021, 16:1105/18/21
02/22/21

I am trying to figure out which champion to 6-star next, and could really use some insights and suggestions. My current 6-stars are: Scyl, Lyssandra, Rector Drath, Deacon Armstrong, Kael, Vogoth.

I am just entering mid-game, and I understand that I should be focusing on a single team right now, to get them to perfection (able to max out their dungeon runs).  I feel like my Clan Boss team is doing alright, (I will still happily take suggestions on alts that would up the team synergy, or create a new one) and will just benefit from better gear, so I want to really build my solid second team now.

My question is two fold... which team to focus on to best support the teams that come after it, and which champion should I 6-star next?

Thank you in advance!

My Teams

Potion Dungeons - maxed out, mostly.

Dragon - stage 18 - Lyssandra (6), Deacon Armstrong (6), Elenaril (5), Scyl (6), Rector Drath (6)

Spider - stage 14 - Lyssandra (6), Deacon Armstrong (6), Kael (6), Scyl (6), Rector Drath (6)

Minotaur - Stage 15 - Lyssandra (6), Deacon Armstrong (6), Scyl (6), Rector Drath (6), OPEN

Ice Golem - Stage 17 - Lyssandra (6), Kael (6), Stag Knight (5), Scyl (6), Rector Drath (6)

Fire Knight - Stage 14 - Lyssandra (6), Deacon Armstrong (6), Vogoth (6), Coldheart (5), Rector Drath (6)

CB - Lyssandra (6), Deacon Armstrong (6), Kael (6), Skullcrusher (6), Rector Drath (6)

Hard - 10.8mil

Normal - 14mil 

i

Views
Comments
Comments
May 18, 2021, 16:2505/18/21
02/22/21

Oh, and until Plarium gets its issues worked out in PVP, I am not worried about building a team there.  I know I need 15k speed on lyssandra... better gear will get me there eventually, but its not worth it at the moment.

May 18, 2021, 16:5605/18/21
04/14/20

Wow, very nice roster... hard to choose indeed! 

Looking at your current teams, I feel like you may be overdoing it on support - Rector Drath and Scyl are largely overlapping, both healer/revivers, so do you really need them both everywhere, in addition to Deacon's Leech and Lyss/Deacon's TM control? Your Dragon team looks like it would have super slow runs, lacking any real nuker - Elenaril won't do too much on the waves and even on the dragon, she kinda needs a second poisoner to really do big damage. Seems like it should be possible to replace either Rector or Scyl by Kael - or in the other dungeons, by some others. And you use Vogoth on FK, where he's not that great apart from having a 3-hit A1, but not on Spider where he'd be better? 

I'm not sure there is any single champion who you'd use in as many different places as your current 6* - plenty who are good enough that you *could* use them in many places, with a less stacked roster, but only in a few places would they represent a real upgrade above your existing teams. 

My top tier of next options would include, besides SK and CH who you're already using:

- Shazar, mainly for Fire Knight (way better than Vogoth), as well as arena

- Bloodgorged, mainly for Ice Golem (block revive helps a lot there!), as well as arena

- Sepulcher Sentinel, mainly for CB

- Armiger, for FK and Spider TM control, unless you've got that covered between Lyss, Deacon and CH? As well as a block revive, so maybe even on Golem as alternative to Bloodgorged. 

- Dhukk is too good not to mention, even though I'm not sure where he'd be needed that Deacon or SK can't cover instead. 

May 18, 2021, 17:0305/18/21
06/25/20

The two areas you need to focus on are Spider and CB. Getting yourself up to at least Spider 16 will be hugely important for being able to farm silver. But the fact that you're still on normal CB with that many level 60s is a big problem, and I would work towards getting that fixed first. You definitely want to be able to get the max brutal chest with at most three key.

Your CB team is really not optimal. You have a whole pile of TM boosting champs, but very little actual damage. I would guess the majority of the 14M comes from Kael - possibly as much as 10M of that total.

Drath can likely remain, but I would definitely drop Lyssandra, and I'd probably never use the A3 on Deacon.

You have a *lot* of champions though, and I'm not great at recognizing them just from their pictures. General CB makeup requires the following:

ATK down

Poison

DEF down

Weaken

DEF up

Leech

Counter-attack or Ally attack

You've got many of those pieces - Skullcrusher can handle the CA part, and Sepulcher Sentinel can do the DEF up and ATK down. Deacon can handle the Leech and DEF down. I don't see anyone with Weaken, but if you have one, he'd be a good fourth. The final piece of the puzzle should be someone with poison. Frozen Banshee would be a good fit.

So that's what I'd focus on - level Sepulcher and Frozen Banshee to 60, and get them into your CB team.

To be clear though, there may be better options - I just don't recognize them from the pictures.

May 18, 2021, 17:0605/18/21
12/19/19

Agree wil L.  Also, definitely went way overboard on 50s instead of 60s.  I want to suggest Stag for next 60 but not sure if it would be best for dragon.  Dragon20 and Spider 20 would be my priorities, and as L said you probably have a team that can do D20 now especially if you have gear spread as thin as I suspect with all those 5star champs.  I think Stag, CH, Armiger.  

May 18, 2021, 18:4705/18/21
02/22/21

I cannot deny I went overboard on just about everything.  I like these grind-type games, but it always takes me a while to get my feet under me to determine what is best.  I REALLY appreciate everyone's advice, it is going to be very helpful.

From the sounds of it, I should not be overly impressed with my CB team, and I should be working on that...  To that end, I ran a test on Brutal, so I could provide more numbers to you, the kindly experts offering to help.  For the first run, I used my normal team, and the second run, I dumped Lyssandra out, and put Scyl in (for lack of a better idea).  Already, I can see the jump.

i

So clearly, (illustrated by the two fights i just did, back to back) my CB team needs some focus.  Since I can only fight 4-ish times a day in CB, I would like to consider also working toward a dungeon in addition to the CB change.  Silver is ALWAYS an issue right now. Gear IS spread thin.  All of your observations have been spot on, as bad as that sounds.   Where should I be working?

Would I be correct in thinking that CB and Spider should be my focuses at this time then?  It seems like Sepulcher Sentinal is going to be a great addition to my CB team... who would she replace, optimally?  Would another attacker offer me more utility in spider, such as CH or Armiger?

Again, thank you to those that have replied, I appreciate your insights a ton!!!

May 18, 2021, 18:5105/18/21
11/16/20
midmichiganjosh

I cannot deny I went overboard on just about everything.  I like these grind-type games, but it always takes me a while to get my feet under me to determine what is best.  I REALLY appreciate everyone's advice, it is going to be very helpful.

From the sounds of it, I should not be overly impressed with my CB team, and I should be working on that...  To that end, I ran a test on Brutal, so I could provide more numbers to you, the kindly experts offering to help.  For the first run, I used my normal team, and the second run, I dumped Lyssandra out, and put Scyl in (for lack of a better idea).  Already, I can see the jump.

i

So clearly, (illustrated by the two fights i just did, back to back) my CB team needs some focus.  Since I can only fight 4-ish times a day in CB, I would like to consider also working toward a dungeon in addition to the CB change.  Silver is ALWAYS an issue right now. Gear IS spread thin.  All of your observations have been spot on, as bad as that sounds.   Where should I be working?

Would I be correct in thinking that CB and Spider should be my focuses at this time then?  It seems like Sepulcher Sentinal is going to be a great addition to my CB team... who would she replace, optimally?  Would another attacker offer me more utility in spider, such as CH or Armiger?

Again, thank you to those that have replied, I appreciate your insights a ton!!!

Maybe it's a bad affinity match up, but quick question are you trying to get at least 200 accuracy for your damage dealers? If not you should switch around some items and at least get 200 accuracy for kael. You have a frozen banshee as well who would do much better damage for clan boss.

May 18, 2021, 19:2505/18/21
12/19/19

For CB, you should jump straight to NM imo.  With Skullcrusher (173ish I think?) speed tuned to go last.  That way the same comp will work on both NM/UNM as you improve gear.  You will then need only FB (built tanky with ACC) for poisons as the CA will fill the debuffs.  I would go for a team than is all about survivability and poison.  So you want 10 Debuffs:

1. Atk Down

2. Posion Sensitivity

3-10. Eight poisons

If FB puts up PS before the CA then you will get opportunity for 6-8 (master hexer) poison 

So our team so far is

1. FB

5. SC

With 3 spots we want ATK down, healing and stun block/cleanse.  Rector seems obvious with A1 atk down in a CA team. Vogoth for leach, debuff extension and passive healing, yes! So we need to either block the stun or cleanse.  You have many options:

Doompriest (doesn't need books)

Grizz Jarl (needs books) also has inc def

Sepulcher (needs books, needs to run fast for 4:3 I think?) def aura and inc defense, atk down A1

I think the team you are closest to is Doompriest (fastest), RD, Vogoth, FB, SC

The Jarl team will likely survive longer and do more damage, but he needs books and Doompreist is really useful in Doomtower.

May 18, 2021, 19:3605/18/21
May 18, 2021, 19:37(edited)
02/22/21
Trips

For CB, you should jump straight to NM imo.  With Skullcrusher (173ish I think?) speed tuned to go last.  That way the same comp will work on both NM/UNM as you improve gear.  You will then need only FB (built tanky with ACC) for poisons as the CA will fill the debuffs.  I would go for a team than is all about survivability and poison.  So you want 10 Debuffs:

1. Atk Down

2. Posion Sensitivity

3-10. Eight poisons

If FB puts up PS before the CA then you will get opportunity for 6-8 (master hexer) poison 

So our team so far is

1. FB

5. SC

With 3 spots we want ATK down, healing and stun block/cleanse.  Rector seems obvious with A1 atk down in a CA team. Vogoth for leach, debuff extension and passive healing, yes! So we need to either block the stun or cleanse.  You have many options:

Doompriest (doesn't need books)

Grizz Jarl (needs books) also has inc def

Sepulcher (needs books, needs to run fast for 4:3 I think?) def aura and inc defense, atk down A1

I think the team you are closest to is Doompriest (fastest), RD, Vogoth, FB, SC

The Jarl team will likely survive longer and do more damage, but he needs books and Doompreist is really useful in Doomtower.

So If i run:   Rector, Frozen Banshee, Skullcrusher, Vogoth and Doom priest, you feel like that would give me a pretty solid team?  I can give that a try.  So it comes out to... Frozen Banshee, or Doompriest to 6-star first, if I were going to go this route?  Which do you think would give the best bang for the buck at this stage in the game?

May 18, 2021, 22:0705/18/21
06/25/20

I wouldn't recommend Doompriest. Vogoth has leech, so you don't need extra healing. Honestly, I wouldn't go with Rector either.

I like:

Frozen Banshee (sensitivity + poison)

Sepulcher Sentinel (DEF up, block stun, ATK down)

Skullcrusher (CA)

Vogoth (Leech, debuff extend, ATK down, healing)

All that's really missing is weaken - when you get Rhazin he'll fit perfectly

WraithModerator
May 18, 2021, 22:1505/18/21
07/26/19

For clan boss, sep sentinel, Jare, and steelskull are all good champs and they will also help you in faction wars as 

May 19, 2021, 00:4305/19/21
05/13/19

I  gave  Kramaswamy  &  Trips  CB  comments  a  like.

Kramaswamy  CB  set  up  is  ideal.

Trip  CB  set  up  is  the  next  level  of  CB  understanding when  you  realize  the  ideal  set  up  can't  work  and  you  have  to  settle  for  a  generally  useful CB set  up  due  to  limitation.

In  other  related news,  I  saw  a  Dragon  20  team  for  you.

-  Lyssandra 

-  Doompriest 

-  Bellower  (Stun  Set  Mandatory)

-  Kael

-  Sycl  of  Drakes  (Stun  Set  Optional)

May 19, 2021, 19:4005/19/21
02/22/21

Thank you everyone!  I have spent a few hours reading and rereading your posts and suggestions... and I think I am going to go forward with Frozen Banshee as my next 6star.  She will be extremly useful on improving my lackluster CB teams, and that will give me a solid poisoner for Dragon20.  I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice, and please know, this thread has pretty much upended everything I was doing... which is AWESOME... because new doors are opening for me.

Player J's suggestion for Dragon 20 is still out of reach for me, as i dont have any Stun sets yet (seriously, in 100 days, I have gotten exactly 1 piece), but It does give me a great direction to move towards.

thanks again!

May 19, 2021, 21:0505/19/21
04/14/20
midmichiganjosh

Thank you everyone!  I have spent a few hours reading and rereading your posts and suggestions... and I think I am going to go forward with Frozen Banshee as my next 6star.  She will be extremly useful on improving my lackluster CB teams, and that will give me a solid poisoner for Dragon20.  I really appreciate everyone's thoughts and advice, and please know, this thread has pretty much upended everything I was doing... which is AWESOME... because new doors are opening for me.

Player J's suggestion for Dragon 20 is still out of reach for me, as i dont have any Stun sets yet (seriously, in 100 days, I have gotten exactly 1 piece), but It does give me a great direction to move towards.

thanks again!

You have enough rare books for her, right? Very important, FB without books kinda sucks. She's a pretty specialized choice for this early in the game, but it's true your CB needs a boost most urgently, so could make sense. 

May 19, 2021, 21:2505/19/21
06/25/20

Indeed, what L9753 said. The reason it is so important to book her is because her A1 is useless without her A3 active, and if you don't have a reliable debuff extender like Vizier, you need to get her to be able to place her A3 as often as possible, ideally often enough that it never fades.

May 20, 2021, 00:4605/20/21
02/22/21

Luckily,  YES!    I  did  have  her  fully  booked  out already.    One  of  the  sites  said  she  was  OP  with  poisons,  but  then  gave  a  crap  recommendation for  gear,  so  she  ended  up  underutilized  in  my  roster.    She  is  better  kitted  now,  and  she  is  a  huuuuge  benefit.   

my  CB  team  on  Brutal  has  improved.  I  am  100%  certain  i  have  a  lot  of  work  to  do  still,  but  this  is  encouraging,  compared  to  yeaterdays  pictures  (above).  10mil  is  a  great  start.

i

May 20, 2021, 00:5105/20/21
02/22/21

Is  Sepulcher  worth  6satrring  if  she  isnt  booked?    I  only  have  1-2  books  available  right  now.    I  think  she  would  be  a  great  addition  to  the  team  from  what  you  all  are  saying,  and  i  could  line  her  up  for  my  next  6star  after  FB  (which  i  did  today,  and  am  not  regretting  it  at  all).

May 20, 2021, 02:4205/20/21
12/19/19

no. dp is without books