All Categories

Arena team suggestions

Arena team suggestions

Search
May 17, 2021, 19:3705/17/21
10/15/20

Arena team suggestions

Hi Raiders, I would like to hear your advice on my arena team. Actually I'm using Deacon Armstrong (lead), Apo, Ghostborn, Sinesha. In my opinion a strong speed nuking team, but the actual meta turned against that strategy. Even with an irresistable def debuff from Ghostborn and two nukers in Ghostborn and Sinesha, to many opponents just survive because they have a million hp or something like that, and they squeeze out my poor champs in round 2 of the fight.

Maybe a better team is sleeping in my roster. Any suggestions?

i

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2021, 20:0405/17/21
10/15/20

I cant see a better speed nuke team, although it feels like the def debuff role is being duplicated as deacon does it too?...but understand why you run ghostborn as his debuff cant be resisted.

One thing i have noticed is that when i tried to substite draco out for dhukk as debuffer- even when the debuff lands i really notice the difference and cant nuke the team down in one because i am missing weaken debuff. I cant see anyone on your roster unfortunately who lands def down and weaken?

I have a feeling there is a cc based team in your roster, based on yoshi and vogoth, but as you know from the other thread i have never used a go second team. 

Sorry if i was building a team with your roster i would pick the same team.

May 17, 2021, 20:2405/17/21
10/15/20

Indeed the def debuff is doubled with Deacon and Ghostborn. That has, in some way, "historical" reasons, Deacon was in my team before I pulled Ghostborn (Deacon, Apo, Athel, Sinesha), and I replaced Athel with Ghostborn. Deacon stayed in the team for his spd aura and turnmeter boost.

May 17, 2021, 20:3605/17/21
06/25/20

What speeds are you running? I found that to have any real chance of success with my speed nuke team, my Arbiter needed 300+ speed, and that I needed to add Kymar at a high enough speed to act second.

Even then, I found that there were teams who would cut in after my Arbiter (not really sure how, since Kymar should be boosted to act next). But I would still win, due to Kymar A2 putting the nuker to sleep before it could act.

If you are getting your team to act first, and still losing, then I expect you just need to gear your Ghostborn and Sinesha better. I assume Sinesha is your finisher; she's not exactly optimal, since if she doesn't get the HP down below 50%, she won't get the second attack which you likely need to win. Her multiplier is 3X on ATK. In comparison, for example, Big'Un has a 1.9X multiplier on his A3, but it is guaranteed to hit twice and also has the added effect of TM control. Sinesha will hit for more on her A1 if she gets the second attack, but significantly less if she only gets one attack.

I glanced through your list and didn't find a better candidate, unfortunately. However, I don't know all champs just based on their image so it's possible that I missed someone.

But this doesn't sound like your actual problem - my expectation is that you are avoiding the other speed nuke teams because you feel your speed isn't fast enough. If that's the case, and you're going after the tanky teams instead, then I think you probably need some TM control. My speed nuke team is Arbiter, Kymar, Nethril, and Big'Un, and I find that I still lose to some tanky teams, primarily because I don't have enough ACC on my Nethril and Big'Un to reliably land the TM control and stuns.

If you can't win on the speed nuke race, you may want to consider swapping to the tank teams instead. I have a thread with my cookie-cutter tank team, that you can search for if you'd like. The key piece though is Rhazin or someone else with a RES aura, and I don't know if you have anyone good for that.

May 17, 2021, 20:3705/17/21
12/19/19

Looks like best team to me as well.  So Apo > Deacon > Ghost > Sinesha ? 

What tier? Assume you are winning speed battle and not getting cut in on, what are nuker stats?

You have 4 attack champs at 60 (Athel, Bellower, Ghost, Sinesha), if Sinesha is batting cleanup she should have the best ATK/CD/CR gear stolen from the others to allow u to finish the kill more often.

May 18, 2021, 01:5805/18/21
05/13/19

Ok  -  I  came  up  with  some  crazy  teams.

My  head  is  bursting  with  team  combinations.

The  first  thing  I  want  to  say  is  your  always  going  to  want  a  Classical  Speed  set  up.

Sometimes,  you  will  run  across  Arena  pages  with  only  1  or  2  heros  on defense.

Sometimes,  you  will  run  across  Arena  pages  with  players  weaker vs.  you.

You  need  a  Speed  team  in  your Arena  repertoire  to  farm  easy  wins  fast.

It  helps  you  burn  Arena  Tokens  fast.

For  the  above  reasons,  The  first  set  up  I  am  going  to  recommend is  Speed  Set  up.

Leader:  Deacon  19%  Speed  Aura

1st  move:  Broadmaw  ------->  T.M Fill  15%  +  Increase  SPD  +  Increase  C.Rate

2nd  move:  Banshee  -------->  AOE  Remove  1  R.  Enemy  Buff  70%  Chance  with  Mastery

3rd  move:  Deacon  ---------->  T.M  Fill  15%  +  Decrease  Enemy  T.M  15%  +  Extra  Turn

4th  move:  Deacon  ---------->  AOE  DEF Down

5th  move:  Dark  Elhain  ------>  Increase  ATK  Before  Hitting  +  AOE  Nuke

I  really  like  this  team  because of  2  reasons:

1  -  I  think  it  covers  all  your  Basic  Speed  Nuking  Objectives  +  More.

2  -  I believe  the  team  should  be  100%  Auto.

I  like  the  idea  of  Bashee trying  to  remove  enemy  Shields  Before  you  do  Big  Nuke.

I  like  the  idea  of  Bashee  in  a  Stun  set  to  get  Extra  Benefit.

The  chance  is  only  70%  with  Masteries,  but  I  feel  like  it  could  help

Obviously,  we  would  all  love  to  have  Madam  Serris.

The  Dream  Enemy  Buff  Remover  +  Def  Down  hero

Sadly,  we all  can't  be  lucky  all  the  time.

I  dont  have  Madam  Serris.

You  dont  have  Madam  Serris.

We  have  to  use  what  we  have  available to  us.

We  have  to  make  the  best  of  the  situation.

Furthermore,  I  decided  to  go  with  Dark  Elhain  as  a  Nuker.

I  don't  like  Sinesha  as  nuker  because  her  AI  will  do the A2  (Single  Target  Hit)  on  Auto.

I  like  building  my  teams  to  be  Auto  Friendly.

The  Next  Arena  Set  up  I  saw  is  a  Mid-Range  set  up.

I think  it  will  be  very  interesting.

Leader:  Yoshi  The  Drunkard  19%  Speed  Aura

1st  move:  Doomscreech  ------>  TM  Fill  30%  +  Increase  DEF

2nd  move:  Yoshi  -------------->  Increase  ATK  +  Increase  ACC  +  True  Fear

3rd  move:  Excruciator  --------->  Single  Target  Nuke  +  Block  Revive

4th  move:  Reactor  Darth  ------>  AOE  +  Perfect  Veil

What  is  the  difference between  Classical  set  up  vs.  Mid-Range  set  up?

Speed  &  Sustain  are  the  main  to  differences.

The  Set  up  I  gave  you  with  Broadmaw  is  designed  to  be  fast.

You  want  your  Broadmaw  to  with  fastest  Speed  Gear  on  your  account.

The  Set  up  with  Doomscreech  is more  in  the  Semi-fast  range.

You  want  Doomscreech  in  like  a  4  piece  Shield  +  2  piece  Speed  set  up.

You  want  this  set  up  faster  vs.  Tank  team,  but  slower  vs.  Speed  team.

You  was having  problems  vs.  certain  Defense  teams with  your  Speed  team.

It  is  because  some  Defense  teams  counter  AOE  Damaging  heroes.

Duchess  is  a  sample  hero  who  reduces  AOE  damage  on  her  passive.

It  makes  it  hard  to  kill  the  enemy  team  when  your  main  nuking  source  is  AOE.

For  these  reasons,  what  you  need  is  a  Tank  Buster  or  Assassin.

They  are  called  different names,  but  their  role  is  Single  Target  Nuker.

They  specialize  in  taking  a  enemy  hero  down.

Rotos  -  Turvold  -   Little  Miss  Annie

When  they  hit  you,  They  do  crazy  damage 200k  -  300k  -  400k 

You  hero  just  dies  -  You  want  a  team  like  this  in  your  Arena  Repertoire.

Excruciator  is  a  hero  you  own  with  Assassin  like  Qualities.

The  A2  is  Godlike  Damage  +  Block  Revive.

What  ever  she  kills,  it  will  not  come  back.

Now  here  is  the  tricky  part.

Defense  teams  might  run  a  Defense  Aura  -  Health  Aura  -  Resistance  Aura

You  want  your  Excruciator to  go  before  enemy  Tank  team  so  she  can  Pop  someone.

The  problem  is  the  enemy  will  have  3  heroes left  alive.

You  kill  enemy  nuker  Altan.

The  enemy  still  has  left  Tormin  -  Krisk  -  Duchess

These  heroes who  are  not  really  damage  dealers  are  still  very  dangerous.

They  can  still  kill  your  Excruciator due  to  Excruciator low  defense.

You  can  begin  to  understand why  you  don't want  this  hero  on  regular  speed  team.

You  want  her  on  team  which  allows  her  to  go  first  +  kill,  but  has  protection  +  regeneration.

You  want  protection  so  the  support  heros  remaining don't  kill  her.

The  Last  set  up  I  have  for  you  today  is  a  Toxic  Set  up.

Let  me  start  by  saying  I  love  Defense  Team  +  Resistance Teams.

You  stand  their  watching  enemy  try  to  damage  you.

They dont  even  scratch  you.

I  call  it  the  Baby  Brother  set  up.

You  have  Big  Brother  &  Baby  Brother.

The  Baby  Brother  gets  mad  and  tries  to  attack  Big  Bother.

The  Big  Brother  just  holds  his  hand  on  top  of  Baby  Brother  head.

The  Baby  Brother  just  swinging  his  air  hitting  air.

The  Big  Brother  is  just  laughing.

That  is  what  a  Defense/Resistance team  feels  like.

Its  a  total  rush  & a flash  back  for  Big  Brothers  around  the  world.

I  really  wanted  to  make a Defense/Resistance team  for  you  Skadi so  you  could experience the  joys  of  the  Big  Brother Style.

The  problem  is  I  just  couldnt  find  a  good  Defensive  Nuker  on  your  Roster.

BUT  I  did  think  of  another set  up.

The  Last  set  up  I  have  for  you  is  more  toxic  vs.  joy.

However,  I  think  it  might  improve defensive  wins.

It  has  a  strategy.

Leader:  Teela  Goremane  35%  Resist  Aura

1st  move:  Reliquary  Tender  ----------->  Cleasning  +  C.Healing

2nd  move:  Teela  Goremane  ----------->  AOE  Leech  +  Heal  Reduction

3rd  move:  Kaiden  --------------------->  AOE  Decrease  ATK

4th  move:  Sycle  of  Drakes  ------------>  AOE  Stun  +  Healing

This  set  up  has  3  different Revive  heroes  +  2  different Healing  Mechanics  +  Leech  Debuff

Beautiful!

Have  you  ever  seen  people on  the  forums  complaining about  a  2  hour  Arena  Battle.

Arena  is  trash  -  It  should  be  draw  

Those  are  the  people we  are  looking  for!

The  Heal  Reduction  is  important becusee  they  might  have  there  Kael  in  Lifesteal  gear.

Not  only  will  they  be  upset  about  fight  lasting  30  mins.

They  will  be  upset  there  Kael  in  Lifesteal  gear  isn't  healing.

They  will  think  it  is  a  Bug.

If  you  have  Shield  set,  you  can  put  it  on  a  hero.

If  you  have  any  tanky  Curse set,  you  can  put  it  on  a  hero.

If  you  have  any  Swift  Parry  set,  you  can  put  it  on  the  Revive  hero.

3  Swift  Parry  sets  on  your  3  Revive  Heroes =  The  French  Chef  Kiss  *Mauh*  Master  Piece