Go second arena team.

Go second arena team.

Search
May 17, 2021, 08:3405/17/21
10/15/20

Go second arena team.

Hi All

Been running a speed nuke team for a while now, alternating between

apoth->HK->Draco->dark elhain (as she does a self buff) (on defence)

and 

apoth->battlesage->draco-> zavia (manual on attack)

Although apoth is fast (290 speed) it hasnt worked well and it isnt perfectly tuned and ive been desperate for a better turnmeter champ. Dark elhain struggles to finish off the team and zavia at 223 speed is too slow for just a 15% turn meter boost- so there is room to be cut in.

I just pulled some shards as i am going for the fusion and got a seeker... so i could whack him in my fastest gear and use him instead of apoth... and double turn meter with hk allowing me to run a slow nuker.

But i pulled mountain king as well?  and im wondering if with maybe seeker, mountain king, rhazin and maybe a reviver like scyl or a debuff blocker like mausoleum mage i have the makings of a go second team?. .

I am bored to tears of the speed race so an alternative would be great, but ive never tried go second teams.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 17, 2021, 09:0205/17/21
12/20/20

Mountain king in avenging with 300+ resist, high health and crit will do work against those lame speed teams with arbiter leads, in low gold.

May 17, 2021, 09:4105/17/21
10/15/20

I think Scyl would be great in that team, she is not only a reviver, there are passive heal each round and AoE stun.

May 17, 2021, 09:4405/17/21
10/15/20
Skadi

I think Scyl would be great in that team, she is not only a reviver, there are passive heal each round and AoE stun.

Yeh the easy answer is just to give seeker my fastest gear...and bam i have a stronger speed nuke team as i wont be cut in so easily due to extra turn meter

But i cant emphasise how sick i am of speed speed speed. Its one reason ive not touched arena in weeks.

And finally...i have scyl in a stun set actually, im a big fan of her for dungeons...will try her thanks.

May 17, 2021, 10:1705/17/21
04/14/20

Personally I've rarely used teams that were 100 percent speed nuke, the kind that finishes the battle in the first round - or loses if it fails to. I like to have multiple paths to victory, trying to speed nuke if possible but with other options for a longer battle as well. So my Mountain King has generally been in a shield set and with far too low speed to go ahead of the opposing team - that's okay, his job is limiting the damage and cleaning up or alternatively, depending on how the battle goes, surviving and winning solo against what remains on the enemy team. Sometimes I get a win with nearly all the damage coming from Shazar and his bombs - but sometimes I also get wins with 0 damage on Shazar who goes down before taking a turn, then MK gets me the win anyway. 

Counterattack masteries are also nice on him, of course - especially when he goes and kills the Serris or Ma'Shalled who just put True Fear on my team. 

May 17, 2021, 11:2805/17/21
May 17, 2021, 11:31(edited)
03/17/21

Mountain king can reliably 1v4 and win vs squishy speed teams. Run counter attack set and push defense/resist/HP to insanely high levels, then laugh as the nukes fail to kill him and he kills everyone with counter attacks.

See champions lineups like aribter + rae + foli = food

May 17, 2021, 12:1605/17/21
10/15/20
Z01

Mountain king can reliably 1v4 and win vs squishy speed teams. Run counter attack set and push defense/resist/HP to insanely high levels, then laugh as the nukes fail to kill him and he kills everyone with counter attacks.

See champions lineups like aribter + rae + foli = food

If Mountain King weares the right equip, he probably can do that.

But I've beaten teams like this with my speednuking team. The def debuff is placed by Ghostborn, so it can't be resisted. And if the counterattack doesn't proc, with atk buff and def debuff on Mountain King, Ghostborn will hit him really hard in a second try.

Maybe a shield set is another idea, instead of the avenging set 15349 recommended. Can be countered as well (for example Madame jus stripping it away), but it will reduce the number of fights where Mountain King has to try a solo win.

May 17, 2021, 13:3705/17/21
10/15/20

Thanks all, i have beaten mountain kings with my speed nuke team as well.

I have a chancellor yasmin too, trying to work out how i could use her to put enemy team members to sleep so MK can take people out one at a time like a budget siphi/kymar...but cant see how to make it work

Ill level seeker for now then experiment with MK and a defensive team - heck i could even lead with jareg for even more insane hp on MK... i just have zero experience with go second teams. Might not work but they will both be good for fw even if i cant get it working.

May 17, 2021, 17:0705/17/21
May 17, 2021, 17:12(edited)
03/17/21
Skadi

If Mountain King weares the right equip, he probably can do that.

But I've beaten teams like this with my speednuking team. The def debuff is placed by Ghostborn, so it can't be resisted. And if the counterattack doesn't proc, with atk buff and def debuff on Mountain King, Ghostborn will hit him really hard in a second try.

Maybe a shield set is another idea, instead of the avenging set 15349 recommended. Can be countered as well (for example Madame jus stripping it away), but it will reduce the number of fights where Mountain King has to try a solo win.

You frankly don't run into many competent MK setups prior to gold IV. Ran into many, they generally are not impressive (this guy's MK generally solos teams).

But the idea behind MK is fairly simple:

HP: 90k+ 

ATK: 2500+

DEF: 3k+ (it's theoretically possible to run an upwards of 4500 defense which even if broken is still ~75% mitigation, haven't had the rolls to test this theory though)

Crit: 100% (99% will troll you when least expected)

CD: as much as you can get

Resist: 300+ (will resist a large majority of teams out there before gold IV)

Speed: irrelevant but try to have 120 or so, so you can't be triple looped

Running counter attack or avenging you'll hit back 33/45% of the time +50% of the time when the mastery triggers. A1 counter attack with these stats varies but generally is 15-20k on targets with reasonable defense to instant gibs of 40k+ on targets without. Avenging is hit or miss as everyone runs 100% crit in arena so you're almost better off there, unless weak affinity in which case you can go multiple loops without a single counter attack. A2 is effectively an instant delete on all but the tankiest of targets.

May 17, 2021, 17:3005/17/21
10/15/20
Z01

You frankly don't run into many competent MK setups prior to gold IV. Ran into many, they generally are not impressive (this guy's MK generally solos teams).

DEF: 3k+ (it's theoretically possible to run an upwards of 4500 defense which even if broken is still ~75% mitigation, haven't had the rolls to test this theory though)

Running counter attack or avenging you'll hit back 33/45% of the time +50% of the time when the mastery triggers. A1 counter attack with these stats varies but generally is 15-20k on targets with reasonable defense to instant gibs of 40k+ on targets without. Avenging is hit or miss as everyone runs 100% crit in arena so you're almost better off there, unless weak affinity in which case you can go multiple loops without a single counter attack. A2 is effectively an instant delete on all but the tankiest of targets.

Playing the mountain king team as attacker, fighting defending speed teams, is probably easier. I could get my victories as attacker over the defending Mountain King because AI-controlled he allways wastes his active turn on my Apothecary, who has weak affinity against MK and is chosen as target by the AI. Mountain King may kill Apo, but my damagedealers will get a second turn. An active player, fighting my AI-controlled def team, would probably try to wipe out my Ghostborn instead and win the fight.

May 17, 2021, 17:3405/17/21
May 17, 2021, 17:37(edited)
03/17/21
Skadi

Playing the mountain king team as attacker, fighting defending speed teams, is probably easier. I could get my victories as attacker over the defending Mountain King because AI-controlled he allways wastes his active turn on my Apothecary, who has weak affinity against MK and is chosen as target by the AI. Mountain King may kill Apo, but my damagedealers will get a second turn. An active player, fighting my AI-controlled def team, would probably try to wipe out my Ghostborn instead and win the fight.

You have one of the few counters to MK, Brago is another as is Martyr and Valkyrie. MK will work vs the majority of teams out there simply due to everyone running magic based teams. Weak hits are a farily common phenomena. Going up vs spirit legends affinity is against you and it's RNG at work. Still possible to dish out 80k+ hits with the A2 if non weak hit.

For go second though, should mention that nothing beats Yoshi with the booked 100% true fear interrupt.

May 17, 2021, 17:5905/17/21
12/19/19
Z01

You have one of the few counters to MK, Brago is another as is Martyr and Valkyrie. MK will work vs the majority of teams out there simply due to everyone running magic based teams. Weak hits are a farily common phenomena. Going up vs spirit legends affinity is against you and it's RNG at work. Still possible to dish out 80k+ hits with the A2 if non weak hit.

For go second though, should mention that nothing beats Yoshi with the booked 100% true fear interrupt.

LOL, I have been waiting to gear up Yoshi (sitting naked at 60) forever but distracted by fusions and DT switch... Looking to build a go 2nd team around him for tag, curious as to who you (or anyone else) is running him with.  I haven't encountered many Yoshi yet.   

May 17, 2021, 18:4005/17/21
10/15/20
Trips

LOL, I have been waiting to gear up Yoshi (sitting naked at 60) forever but distracted by fusions and DT switch... Looking to build a go 2nd team around him for tag, curious as to who you (or anyone else) is running him with.  I haven't encountered many Yoshi yet.   

I have a ungeared Yoshi sitting in my Vault too. Maybe somebody has a suggestion wich kind of champs should be paired alongside the drunken fellow?

May 17, 2021, 19:4605/17/21
10/15/20
Z01

Those are pretty high requirements to be honest, im levelling my seeker first but will be a challenge to hit those numbers on MK when my hall is quite undeveloped.

May 17, 2021, 20:0805/17/21
12/19/19

I think seeker is the smart choice.  I do find the go 2nd team more fun but major drawbacks are in my opinion:

1. Significantly higher gear requirements
  2. Longer battles when attacking
  3. Will be attacked often on defense unless you have S Tier champs (Siphi, Tormin, ...) 
May 17, 2021, 22:0105/17/21
10/15/20
Trips

I think seeker is the smart choice.  I do find the go 2nd team more fun but major drawbacks are in my opinion:

1. Significantly higher gear requirements
  2. Longer battles when attacking
  3. Will be attacked often on defense unless you have S Tier champs (Siphi, Tormin, ...) 

Reluctanltly i think its the best option for now, i just dont think i have the gear for a go second team that works

With seeker in for apoth its a straight upgrade and i have the option of double turn meter with a really slow nuker maybe even with attack boots since seeker does the attack up. Its amazing how little good gear i have considering the thousands of dragon and fire knight and spider runs...stripping the best speed gear off apoth is another issue as i like him insanely fast in CB :)

May 19, 2021, 03:4905/19/21
05/13/19

What  heroes do  you  have  on  your  roster?

May 19, 2021, 08:2805/19/21
May 19, 2021, 08:34(edited)
10/15/20
Player J

What  heroes do  you  have  on  your  roster?

At 60 zavia, scyl, rhazin, draco, jurak, battlesage, doompriest, dhukk, miscreated monster, dark elhain, jareg, coldheart, fahrakin, frozen banshee, kael, apoth, melga, achak, high khatun, fellhound.

At 50, warmaiden, kaiden, mountain king (just pulled), seeker (levelling to 60 now), fang cleric (second reviver for dark elves faction wars), tallia, coffin smasher, oathbound, relinquirary tender, dilgol, sister militant (yes sister militant lol)

Only other characters of note but not levelled yet as recently pulled. Chancellor yasmin, Klodd, Mausoleum mage.