All Categories

I have found a method to make Arena much less troublesome

Search
May 14, 2021, 03:3705/14/21
02/03/19

Because I keep getting Daily Missions of fighting in Arena, and Clan Missions to fight  in Arena, I HAD been trying to win battles to advance in my Great Hall.  I have decided this is NOT an option.  I simply go into the arena battle, hit the LEAVE BATTLE icon and take the auto loss rather than sit there trying to accomplish the impossible.

Views
Comments
Comments
May 14, 2021, 05:1305/14/21
04/12/21

yes, suicide by Plarium is one option

May 14, 2021, 08:2805/14/21
02/06/21

I think they made it harder to  get  people  to  spend  more  on  gems  to  get  leet  heros.  Just gonna  make  people  quit  the  game

May 14, 2021, 15:0005/14/21
02/03/19
matthew

I think they made it harder to  get  people  to  spend  more  on  gems  to  get  leet  heros.  Just gonna  make  people  quit  the  game

My problem seems to all stem from Arena...

1. I cannot advance in Progress missions as I need to earn "SILVER" medallions.  You cannot earn them in Bronze 1.

2. I cannot earn bronze medalloins to advance in the Great Hall, as all the teams I encounter are all level 60 fully advanced with high attribute levels.  YES - I have 34 level 60 fully advance champions, but they are no match for what I run up against.  I can go in with a team power of 135 against a team with a supposid power of 75 and be blown away in the first round.

3.  I cannot adavnce further in Campain to earn 6 star gear, as it seems I need to advance in the Great Hall first.

4. I cannot advance in the dungon again because I do not have the Great Hall Power.

5. I cannot advance in Faction Cripts again for seemingly the same reason.

Since I started with this game I have spent over $3,000.00 purchasing Chickens, Silver, and books to bring my Champs to full power, all to no avail.  And THEN they want me to recommend this game to my friends. LOL - With friends like that who needs enemies.

May 14, 2021, 15:1405/14/21
12/19/19
Bassagitator

1. I cannot advance in Progress missions as I need to earn "SILVER" medallions.  You cannot earn them in Bronze 1.

2. I cannot earn bronze medalloins to advance in the Great Hall, as all the teams I encounter are all level 60 fully advanced with high attribute levels.  YES - I have 34 level 60 fully advance champions, but they are no match for what I run up against.  I can go in with a team power of 135 against a team with a supposid power of 75 and be blown away in the first round.

3.  I cannot adavnce further in Campain to earn 6 star gear, as it seems I need to advance in the Great Hall first.

4. I cannot advance in the dungon again because I do not have the Great Hall Power.

Since I started with this game I have spent over $3,000.00 purchasing Chickens, Silver, and books to bring my Champs to full power, all to no avail.  And THEN they want me to recommend this game to my friends. LOL - With friends like that who needs enemies.

this game is not for you, sorry to say

1. This is obv true, no silver medals to be had in bronze...

2. 34 60s.... you obviously have not grasped how to gear champions or build teams

3. You should not be using gear from campaign, even 6star -- VERY BAD

4. Just plain False

5. False & Irrelevant

Arena has major problems, but sorry to say you just do not understand the game.

May 14, 2021, 15:3505/14/21
10/15/20

Got to be honest here, arena is a dumpster fire, its pay to win and grind to win.

And i find it comical when whales try to suggest the game is based on skill. There are some basic tactics shown in the 'push for plat' vids where everyone has stacked rosters and it was the push to platinum vids that got me to try the game

But generally no- the game is about grinding and using luck/money to get the best roster.

But if i had blown 3k on the game (which would never happen, thats half the cost of a holiday) i would expect to be in G4 at least, thats enough to guarantee a top roster and enough to buy a tonne of the absurdly priced speed gear they sell and a load of savage gear packs that they sell.

The game is designed for people who blow loads of cash to succeed and feel good beating up ftp players.

What team are you running and what gear do you have them in?

May 14, 2021, 16:2105/14/21
May 14, 2021, 16:24(edited)
10/15/20

The game is not actually based on skill, but playing with low playerskill and a lot of money obviously doesn't work.

If Bassagitator has 34 fully ascended lvl 60 champs, his problem in arena is gear, not champions. His problem to get gear from dragon 20 is low playerskill. I'm sure out of 34 lvl 60 champs it's easy to get a Dragon 20 team if you know what you are doing.

Just for example my team for dragon 20, 100% winrate on auto, but a bit slow. Unlike Bassagitator I didn't put 3000 $ in, my champions are for sure worse than his. That just points out how easy it should be to build a team for him. So my team: 

Apothecary (lead): def aura, turnmeter and speed boost, heal.

Peydma: atk debuff, AoE attack vs. waves.

Occult Brawler: poison. Even with wrong affinity for stage 20 he lands a plenty of that poisons.

Reliquary Tender: cleanse, revive.

Bellower in a stun set: stun (obviously), def debuff. Only small version of def debuff, probably I should put in another champ for Bellower into the team for that reason, but the stun is just so usefull vs. waves. 

No legendary in the team, no absolutly overpowered champ, no poison explosion, no Seer, no Royal Guard. A poor man's team, but it works. It's easy to build a team much better than that if you have the right champions. It's not the best team I can imagine, it's the best team I actually have. I'm sure Bassagitator has a better team in his roster.

May 14, 2021, 17:4505/14/21
07/31/20

If I had spent $3000, I would complete Factions War already. (no offend, not because I'm better, just because the game was easier last year and much easier the year before) 

Your problem is you play this game too late and game Arena "suddenly become harder". Arena opponents around you are quiting old players (1 or 2 years playing) and Arena filtered all weak players out of your list. 

May 14, 2021, 18:5305/14/21
10/15/20
Skadi

The game is not actually based on skill, but playing with low playerskill and a lot of money obviously doesn't work.

If Bassagitator has 34 fully ascended lvl 60 champs, his problem in arena is gear, not champions. His problem to get gear from dragon 20 is low playerskill. I'm sure out of 34 lvl 60 champs it's easy to get a Dragon 20 team if you know what you are doing.

Just for example my team for dragon 20, 100% winrate on auto, but a bit slow. Unlike Bassagitator I didn't put 3000 $ in, my champions are for sure worse than his. That just points out how easy it should be to build a team for him. So my team: 

Apothecary (lead): def aura, turnmeter and speed boost, heal.

Peydma: atk debuff, AoE attack vs. waves.

Occult Brawler: poison. Even with wrong affinity for stage 20 he lands a plenty of that poisons.

Reliquary Tender: cleanse, revive.

Bellower in a stun set: stun (obviously), def debuff. Only small version of def debuff, probably I should put in another champ for Bellower into the team for that reason, but the stun is just so usefull vs. waves. 

No legendary in the team, no absolutly overpowered champ, no poison explosion, no Seer, no Royal Guard. A poor man's team, but it works. It's easy to build a team much better than that if you have the right champions. It's not the best team I can imagine, it's the best team I actually have. I'm sure Bassagitator has a better team in his roster.

I sort of agree, my roster is awful, i have far better champs on my level 30 alt account...  and i can still do dragon 20 in about 60-90 seconds and had a fast spider 20 team as well until they broke zavia. At a push i could probably do dragon 20 with just farmable champs

But while you do need to apply some logic (such as not piling attack on defence champs like scyl for example) if you assume basic understanding of how things work and the role each team member has- then spending lots and lots of money absoloutely will give you a massive boost.

And in arena especially, while gear is key - roster is also important, and plarium even sell the speed packs ... its the most blatant game in promoting pay to win mechanics that i have ever seen.

May 14, 2021, 19:3305/14/21
12/19/19

I think the problem with our suggestions to "fix" arena, myself included are based on false premsise.

• Arena is harder than a year ago
  • The game is more Pay to Progress (in arena) than a year ago

We say, "Stop this isn't fair!".  Well plarium don't give a rats ass about a year ago.  They are making more money now, significantly more I guarantee.  

If you are a new F2P, bad news for you.  You will struggle to get Arbiter, if it is even possible at this very moment.  Good news, if you ignore the "progress missions" as they don't really help you much -- everything else about the game is 10x easier than a year ago.

• Plentiful energy (more rewards everywhere in game)
  • More everything else too (Shards, books, gems -- WAY more)
  • More champions / Better champs (there are 100x more spider20 comps than what were used)
  • More content than needed (too much IMO lol)

I suggest if you like the game, print out the missions and go through them on your own.  If you get to the end and can do all the level 20 dungeons on auto, crushing UNM clan boss, and are making progress in DT Hard... by this point you may have farmed enough dungeons or forged enough gear to revisit arena.  Or who knows if bots will resurface or other tweaks will happen.

The game is far less F2P friendly now, we are idiots if we think that will change.  

May 14, 2021, 19:5105/14/21
10/15/20
Trips

I think the problem with our suggestions to "fix" arena, myself included are based on false premsise.

We say, "Stop this isn't fair!".  Well plarium don't give a rats ass about a year ago.  They are making more money now, significantly more I guarantee.  

If you are a new F2P, bad news for you.  You will struggle to get Arbiter, if it is even possible at this very moment.  Good news, if you ignore the "progress missions" as they don't really help you much -- everything else about the game is 10x easier than a year ago.

• More champions / Better champs (there are 100x more spider20 comps than what were used)

I suggest if you like the game, print out the missions and go through them on your own.  If you get to the end and can do all the level 20 dungeons on auto, crushing UNM clan boss, and are making progress in DT Hard... by this point you may have farmed enough dungeons or forged enough gear to revisit arena.  Or who knows if bots will resurface or other tweaks will happen.

The game is far less F2P friendly now, we are idiots if we think that will change.  

I agree - and i wouldnt mind dropping some money on a game...i am comfortable financially etc. I probably spent a couple of hundred on cosmetic only items on GW2 to support the game.

My reasons for refusing to do so on raid are that...dropping $50.00 on raid makes little long term difference, to make a big difference you are talking thousands.

And while i guess i could afford to drop 5k on raid, the idea seems utterly crazy to me, its up to people how they spend their cash but i just do not understand people who spend the price of a holiday on a game :)

But clearly lots of people are willing to spend silly amounts of money and while that is the case - why the heck should plarium change anything?

May 14, 2021, 22:0905/14/21
May 14, 2021, 22:13(edited)
09/13/19
Trips

Agree to a point. To say that the arena is to be end game player only is probably the worst business model in the history of mobile gaming. I dont believe that was their intention, which is why I believe theyre fixing this. Plarium is a company that truly only really cares about the bottom line, correct? And when the numbers come back that a very high percentage of players do not even make it to level 60 prior to quitting the game, that would mean that there is a problem with player retention. Logic would dictate that when a company is having an issue such as this, they would inquire as to why new players are leaving, and how they can get them to stop leaving. 

By pairing arena missions alongside early game new account missions such as "collect atk % chestpiece from sewers", that is essentially telling everyone that the arena is not intended for just end game players. 

Plarium needs new players to stay. Every company needs customer loyalty to survive. If Plarium's business model was to just squeeze every dime out of the whales that are already invested, without creating new ones, then we have much bigger problems than we initially thought.

May 14, 2021, 23:5805/14/21
12/19/19

Player and customer are not the same.

Player retention is virtually meaningless

Customer retention is important 

Revenue retention is most important 

That is why the business model is to

1. attract Players

2. Convert to Customers 

3. Squeeze every dollar out of each

I think the metrics are showing that the paywall in arena leads to less players but more high value customers. The ridiculous prices for anything clearly support that the whale population is not facing extinction 

May 15, 2021, 06:4805/15/21
07/05/19
Bassagitator

If I had that kind of money, I'd buy a Switch, PS5 and XBox Series X, and all of my gaming needs would have been met.

But seriously, just buy a Switch, I did...