All Categories

Arena - Silver IV - Arbiter Teams

Arena - Silver IV - Arbiter Teams

Search
Comments
May 14, 2021, 09:5605/14/21
08/19/19
Player J

Making  new  accounts to  show  lazy  people  how  to  reach  higher  Arena  Tiers  doesn't work.

The  lazy  player  will  always  find  an  excuse  to  why  he  can't advance.

Lets  say  I  was  to  start  a  new  account  and  spend  0  dollars.

Lets  say  I  open  1  void  shard  and  pull  Madam  Serris  on  this  new  acccount.

Than  what?  

The  whole  account  would  be  dismissed  as  Pay  to  Win  account  or  Lucky  account

This  is  what  would  happen  -  It  is  what  always  happens.

God joke

i will make it easier to understand for you.

It is easy to moke people here.

if you will make a new account ( as many people do) you will discover how it is to face as new player (that start with Kael ( or other starting champ) and have to take him to 60 in order to get missions and campains ) and go in arena vs "new players" ( mainly veterans that consider a way to show their superior skill) that buy accounts and start with 4-6 legos, lots of epics and so one.

Than you can prove your superior skill, you can farm gear and beat (witk a lot of skill, kael and starting heroes ) teams that have cardiel, arbiter, nekret, lix and astralon  , dutches, valkirie...

After that you can farm more ( and with your super skill ) and will be lucky to get 1 lego/month ( if you are really lucky) and that lego for sure wont be between the ones mention before.

If you are lucky you might get Madame from 1st pull, than Nekret, than ... but that are just dreams 

If you dont play with your wallt  most probably you will get ( as most people get) mediocre legos  very few and you will go to do Arena.

And not spending you will have like 1-2 lego books/month so you will book your 1st legendary after 6-7 months 

But with your skill I am sure that you will crash everything ( with only farmed gears and champions droped from shards you could farm in the game ).

And after you do that ( for me is 10000000% clear that wont happen but...) you can come here and moke people that complain about stupid Arena system .

May 14, 2021, 12:1805/14/21
01/31/21

you can alos build out of the box arena team (with farmable champs) and you should get to s4/g1 with ease :D

May 14, 2021, 16:4505/14/21
11/10/20

I'm wondering when they are going to fix the Arena problem. It's just getting worse. So much time required just to fight Arena. Better just forget it.

May 14, 2021, 18:0905/14/21
11/16/20
tanthil

you can alos build out of the box arena team (with farmable champs) and you should get to s4/g1 with ease :D

I thought this was true myself. I came and read the forums when I was having a hard time in arena, read about the speed nuke meta, set up a real crappy one with hk warmaiden elhain and kael, speed tuned it properly, and went from b4/s1 all the way up to gold 2 while everyone was complaining about the so called bot removal stuff. I probably had 250 speed then.

I changed out elhain for elder skarg, switched warmaiden to stag knight, pushed my hk speed to 283, and now Im going between S3/S4 and losing lots of matches both on offense and defense.

I'm sure at this rate I will find myself in s2/s1 next reset and possibly even hitting bronze in a few more at this rate. All while I continue to improve my gear and how tight my speeds are.

So as I posted before in this thread all I can assume is plarium is purposely inflating the teams you see, there is no way all the sudden every single player is rocking 280+ speeds almost perfect tuned to their teams, with god like comps. 

May 14, 2021, 18:2705/14/21
12/19/19
evilized6666

I thought this was true myself. I came and read the forums when I was having a hard time in arena, read about the speed nuke meta, set up a real crappy one with hk warmaiden elhain and kael, speed tuned it properly, and went from b4/s1 all the way up to gold 2 while everyone was complaining about the so called bot removal stuff. I probably had 250 speed then.

I changed out elhain for elder skarg, switched warmaiden to stag knight, pushed my hk speed to 283, and now Im going between S3/S4 and losing lots of matches both on offense and defense.

I'm sure at this rate I will find myself in s2/s1 next reset and possibly even hitting bronze in a few more at this rate. All while I continue to improve my gear and how tight my speeds are.

So as I posted before in this thread all I can assume is plarium is purposely inflating the teams you see, there is no way all the sudden every single player is rocking 280+ speeds almost perfect tuned to their teams, with god like comps. 

They aren't inflating the teams, you are just likely one of the people with valid arena complaints.

99 of 100 went from "almost Platinum" to bronze in weeks... slight exaggeration

You improved your team, made efforts and moved up.  But wheras the bot removal had immediate impact on the "bad" players, the longer term impact just keeps building with more and more trickle down each week.  

Then we end up back with only people who have been playing 12+ months and/or spent alot of money able to maintain G4.  And don't take a week off or miss a few days after the reset...

It will be interesting to see if whatever changes are made in Bronze/Silver make any difference.  They said the amount of points you lose for a loss will be reduced.  This should essentially add points to the player pool and theoretically increase upward migration as it will no longer be a zero sum game.  Everyone has been focused on MATCHMAKING changes, the POINT changes that are made are more signficant IMO.  I still think a reset to at least 100pts above the threshold would be more appropriate as well, but don't think that will happen.  

May 14, 2021, 18:4305/14/21
May 14, 2021, 20:07(edited)
08/09/20
Trips

They aren't inflating the teams, you are just likely one of the people with valid arena complaints.

You improved your team, made efforts and moved up.  But wheras the bot removal had immediate impact on the "bad" players, the longer term impact just keeps building with more and more trickle down each week.  

Then we end up back with only people who have been playing 12+ months and/or spent alot of money able to maintain G4.  And don't take a week off or miss a few days after the reset...

It will be interesting to see if whatever changes are made in Bronze/Silver make any difference.  They said the amount of points you lose for a loss will be reduced.  This should essentially add points to the player pool and theoretically increase upward migration as it will no longer be a zero sum game.  Everyone has been focused on MATCHMAKING changes, the POINT changes that are made are more signficant IMO.  I still think a reset to at least 100pts above the threshold would be more appropriate as well, but don't think that will happen.  

This. 

Players took advantage of the "bot" fix to get their Arbiter missions complete and now those Arbiters are hitting the arena, which is pushing stronger and stronger teams into lower tiers.

It's not anything Plarium is doing directly. 

And to clarify, I don't mean all ftp players. I'm talking about the players who will never have a positive experience with this game because they don't want learn how to play, they just want to blame the game every time they get stuck on something.

May 14, 2021, 18:4305/14/21
01/31/21
evilized6666

I assume that in that time when you make your arena team better you get couble of player levels.

When i had PL between 46-51 was no issuess stayed in S3/S4, now im 55 and bleeding on edge S1/S2

May 14, 2021, 19:0305/14/21
10/15/20
evilized6666

This mirrors my experience exactly.

Eight or so weeks ago i was 260 speed lead and sitting in gold 2, my champs went in the right order but were not tuned- there was enough space in speeds to park a truck. But i held gold 2 fine.

Then i dropped to G1, i stayed in G1 for a month or so- until last week where i comitted the cardinal sin of having to work in the minutes leading to reset.

I have sped my lead up to 290, my tuning is far tighter thanks to deadwood (but not perfect) and ive packed more crit damage on my nuker as i finally got crit damage gloves on her with the crit damage amulet.. i took her off cb team and specced into helmsmasher too.

But, until i basically gave up i was still sinking - into s3 and heading downwards.

The change seems to constant to be natural?

May 14, 2021, 19:1205/14/21
10/15/20
Trips

I dont think it will make a big difference, i think there are too few tiers, there needs to be tiers above plat to reduce the downwards pressure from G4, and the deflationary measures such as removing all excess points needs to go.

Last week -the day before reset i was sitting on 2080 points when i went to bed, the company ERP server was down so i logged in and worked the hour before reset and an hour or so after and when i logged on to raid... i was on 1780 points ...due to the reset taking away all the excess points....so i dropped two tiers in the space of a couple of hours. I wont be the only one that happens to, it must happen to thousands of people every week..the system encourages downwards momentum.

May 14, 2021, 19:1905/14/21
08/09/20
trevor.wilson

I dont think it will make a big difference, i think there are too few tiers, there needs to be tiers above plat to reduce the downwards pressure from G4, and the deflationary measures such as removing all excess points needs to go.

Last week -the day before reset i was sitting on 2080 points when i went to bed, the company ERP server was down so i logged in and worked the hour before reset and an hour or so after and when i logged on to raid... i was on 1780 points ...due to the reset taking away all the excess points....so i dropped two tiers in the space of a couple of hours. I wont be the only one that happens to, it must happen to thousands of people every week..the system encourages downwards momentum.

Yep, all that is correct.

There is nowhere for players to go but down as more and more well built Arbiter teams compete for limited space in G4.

Plarium needs to extend Plat to have 4 tiers and probably do another 4 tier level above that.

All of that needs to happen in addition to not reseting points all the way to the minimum at reset, AND reducing the number of points lost for an arena loss.

May 14, 2021, 19:3505/14/21
10/15/20
Chill_Dawg

Yep, all that is correct.

There is nowhere for players to go but down as more and more well built Arbiter teams compete for limited space in G4.

Plarium needs to extend Plat to have 4 tiers and probably do another 4 tier level above that.

All of that needs to happen in addition to not reseting points all the way to the minimum at reset, AND reducing the number of points lost for an arena loss.

The thing is - this must be obvious to plarium, so why do they at first say 'everything is fine' and then propose a solution that wont fix anything?

I dont actually believe that they dont see what is happening, they will have analytics coming out of their ears. I would bet my life that not only is arena closely monitored but that every individual player has their behaviour analysed in order to decide what cash shop offers to push at them. 

I can only assume that their analytics show that having players struggle is good for their bottom line, as the number of people trying to spend their way out of their brick wall outweighs people quitting. If one guy spends 3k then who cares if 100 others quit in frustration. 

One star reviews may result- but can cheaply be countered with fake 5 star reviews

May 14, 2021, 20:0005/14/21
08/09/20
trevor.wilson

The thing is - this must be obvious to plarium, so why do they at first say 'everything is fine' and then propose a solution that wont fix anything?

I dont actually believe that they dont see what is happening, they will have analytics coming out of their ears. I would bet my life that not only is arena closely monitored but that every individual player has their behaviour analysed in order to decide what cash shop offers to push at them. 

I can only assume that their analytics show that having players struggle is good for their bottom line, as the number of people trying to spend their way out of their brick wall outweighs people quitting. If one guy spends 3k then who cares if 100 others quit in frustration. 

One star reviews may result- but can cheaply be countered with fake 5 star reviews

Oh yeah, I completely agree.

All these threads of ftp players complaining about arena? I'm sure Plarium would rather they quit the game. But when low pay players start to complain and stop spending? That's another story.

May 14, 2021, 20:5905/14/21
01/19/21

Injecting points will help somewhat, but the balance of point generation and point destruction would have to be constantly adjusted as the population of the system changes. There are many ways to do it, that's not the issue, but I'm not sure Plarium is willing to make that effort. From what I can gather, they don't actually want people to have steady progression, or if they do, they seriously need someone to sit them down and explain the problems with exponential growth, why it would be required, and why it's not possible. The risk I'm seeing here is that either the degradation will just be slowed down but not actually improved, or that it'll just create another cycle of arena being easy -> arena being okay -> arena being hard, until they adjust it the next time. And that's assuming Plarium is actually okay with not restricting the gold tiers of the arena to be exlusive to the top players, even when it's pretty obvious that it's a death sentence for new players.

I don't know... The arena just seems like a wasted opportunity for a feature that's actually fun, but instead it just becomes another grind. I'm doing pretty okay in the arena at the moment, but I just don't find it particularly enjoyable. I would imagine people doing not-so-okay would find it even less so. That the matchmaking requires me to sacrifice my arena progress in order to progress elsewhere doesn't exactly help either, although ironically it does introduce an element of skill in optimizing resource usage to get the most effect out of the minimum player power. It's not much of a silver lining though. If steady progression was part of the design goals, I guess that'd be something at least, but I'm not so sure it is. End result is a feature that requires a lot of effort for very little reward, but that you're still forced to participate in because you need to gather those scraps sooner or later anyway. Perhaps something like fewer tokens and increased rewards per win would make it less bothersome, but as it is, I'm just wasting way too much time on it.

May 14, 2021, 22:3405/14/21
10/15/20
EGDNIT

Injecting points will help somewhat, but the balance of point generation and point destruction would have to be constantly adjusted as the population of the system changes. There are many ways to do it, that's not the issue, but I'm not sure Plarium is willing to make that effort. From what I can gather, they don't actually want people to have steady progression, or if they do, they seriously need someone to sit them down and explain the problems with exponential growth, why it would be required, and why it's not possible. The risk I'm seeing here is that either the degradation will just be slowed down but not actually improved, or that it'll just create another cycle of arena being easy -> arena being okay -> arena being hard, until they adjust it the next time. And that's assuming Plarium is actually okay with not restricting the gold tiers of the arena to be exlusive to the top players, even when it's pretty obvious that it's a death sentence for new players.

I don't know... The arena just seems like a wasted opportunity for a feature that's actually fun, but instead it just becomes another grind. I'm doing pretty okay in the arena at the moment, but I just don't find it particularly enjoyable. I would imagine people doing not-so-okay would find it even less so. That the matchmaking requires me to sacrifice my arena progress in order to progress elsewhere doesn't exactly help either, although ironically it does introduce an element of skill in optimizing resource usage to get the most effect out of the minimum player power. It's not much of a silver lining though. If steady progression was part of the design goals, I guess that'd be something at least, but I'm not so sure it is. End result is a feature that requires a lot of effort for very little reward, but that you're still forced to participate in because you need to gather those scraps sooner or later anyway. Perhaps something like fewer tokens and increased rewards per win would make it less bothersome, but as it is, I'm just wasting way too much time on it.

To be honest, having thought about this, i think the analysis is being over complicated

Plarium knows arena is frustration personified for new players unless very lucky or whaling out

Plarium considers this to be 'working as intended'

End.

May 14, 2021, 22:4205/14/21
01/19/21

Probably. I'm still on the fence about whether that is by design or by lack thereof. Could be that they don't really care either way, they just don't want to pay someone to do anything about it because unlike new champions, it's not likely to generate tangible income for the next quarter report. They know the game will die eventually, at which point it will be replaced by something similar with brand new whaling opportunities, it's just a matter of how much work they are willing to put into keeping it alive meanwhile.

May 31, 2021, 13:3305/31/21
11/03/19

Just put in my 2 cents: pair arena matchups with user, that started the game on the same time. People who easily got Arbiter in the easy days back, should not smash the new gamers, that never have a true chance to compete with them.

May 31, 2021, 18:1005/31/21
May 31, 2021, 18:11(edited)
03/12/21

The solution is to use Tormin. Then it doesn't matter so much if the opposing team has a fast Arbiter, because she will freeze half her team when she goes.

Jun 1, 2021, 00:2606/01/21
05/13/19
jqvtqvg3

God joke

i will make it easier to understand for you.

It is easy to moke people here.

if you will make a new account ( as many people do) you will discover how it is to face as new player (that start with Kael ( or other starting champ) and have to take him to 60 in order to get missions and campains ) and go in arena vs "new players" ( mainly veterans that consider a way to show their superior skill) that buy accounts and start with 4-6 legos, lots of epics and so one.

Than you can prove your superior skill, you can farm gear and beat (witk a lot of skill, kael and starting heroes ) teams that have cardiel, arbiter, nekret, lix and astralon  , dutches, valkirie...

After that you can farm more ( and with your super skill ) and will be lucky to get 1 lego/month ( if you are really lucky) and that lego for sure wont be between the ones mention before.

If you are lucky you might get Madame from 1st pull, than Nekret, than ... but that are just dreams 

If you dont play with your wallt  most probably you will get ( as most people get) mediocre legos  very few and you will go to do Arena.

And not spending you will have like 1-2 lego books/month so you will book your 1st legendary after 6-7 months 

But with your skill I am sure that you will crash everything ( with only farmed gears and champions droped from shards you could farm in the game ).

And after you do that ( for me is 10000000% clear that wont happen but...) you can come here and moke people that complain about stupid Arena system .

You  are  making  wrong  assumptions about  me.

I  didn't buy  my  account.

I  didn't start  with  any  Leggo  or  Epics.

I  didn't get  my  first  Leggo  till  I  was  lvl  60.

I  beat  the  dungeons  using  Rare  heroes.

I  reach  Gold  4  with  3  Rare  +  1  Epic  hero.

The  reason  I  don't make  new  account  is  because  the  game  is  time  consuming

I  don't have  time  to  play  multiple accounts.

1  account  is  enough.

Jun 1, 2021, 03:1506/01/21
05/03/21

I am in silver 4, I think most of the teams are fake or a much higher bracket.  It is used to get you to spend money.  It makes no sense that 6+ month old accounts would be S4.