All Categories

Arena, Completely unplayable

Search
May 7, 2021, 00:2205/07/21
08/07/15

First  Let Me say this I've heard the videos that the content creators like Hell Hades and Ash have put out on this and I  realize this is never going to get fixed. But take it  from someone that has been playing these types of games for almost 7 years  now, 

If Plarium is reading this your Arena is Broken completely unplayable for your lower level players, you know the ones that keep your financial Machine running. Cause the Whale accounts you have capping your plat Arena are not the ones that are spending all the time it's the ones looking to get this part or that part of a group so they can progress further. 

I for one I will NOT spend money on a game that I can not complete base content on because some unpassable obstacle is in the road. I Will not spend  Money to get past that  Obstacle  I'll just stop playing and the money will go to a game that looks to make you spend to be top tier and not just enjoy the game. 

1  if the arena wasn't part of the Missions I wouldn't be posting This 

2  if the Arena was  better balanced  for the   players  up to  silver2 or silver 3 I wouldn't be posting this 

but right now I'm sitting at  BRONZE IV  and I'm refreshing 15minutes at a time most times not getting a group in a full list that comes anywhere near My group power or My  Player power ... seriously  I saw an account sitting at nearly 4 times My player power and double My offense team power. 

This needs to be fixed somehow... otherwise I'll be part of that  passing through  demographic. That is sad . 

Views
Comments
Comments
May 7, 2021, 01:2505/07/21
11/29/20

There's a "fix" of some sort coming in the next few weeks.

It should help you progress in bronze/silver but you'll still be screwed in gold because you're 2 years behind everyone else on farming gear and always will be.

May 7, 2021, 05:0205/07/21
08/07/15

I wouldn't care about the arena losses at all if they were not needed to get through missions.

May 7, 2021, 07:4905/07/21
09/21/20

The conundrum is that both the missions and a hefty bonus to ALL game play rely on the arena/great hall progress - and that part of the game seems broken at all levels by the sounds of it. 

Options are to make progress easier in both - can be easily achieved for the missions by removing ANY mission objectives linked to arena level and great hall level.

Or remove arena progress from the mission chain, leave great hall but give more areas where great hall tokens can be gained - dungeons, part of events, campaign rewards etc. And as someone else has said, let tokens of all levels be used just cost more in conversion.

Problem then is most people probably wouldn't bother with arena as it still won't fix the whales and longer time played people dominating higher up.

OracleCommunity Manager
May 7, 2021, 09:1605/07/21
03/02/21

Hey! I'm here to confirm that we are indeed preparing some modifications of the Arena matchmaking mechanics. Those changes are supposed to make the progression through Bronze and Silver a bit easier because you will face less formidable teams. Also, the system of counting your defense battles score will become more flexible and will allow beginners to progress slightly easier. This Arena update is specifically designed to mitigate difficulties that early- to mid-game players are experiencing.

However, Gold Tiers will remain quite challenging, as are intended to be. Gold is meant to be a place for a very tough competition between very experienced players.

Nevertheless, thank you for bringing up your opinion!

May 7, 2021, 10:2805/07/21
May 7, 2021, 10:29(edited)
10/15/20
Oracle

Hey! I'm here to confirm that we are indeed preparing some modifications of the Arena matchmaking mechanics. Those changes are supposed to make the progression through Bronze and Silver a bit easier because you will face less formidable teams. Also, the system of counting your defense battles score will become more flexible and will allow beginners to progress slightly easier. This Arena update is specifically designed to mitigate difficulties that early- to mid-game players are experiencing.

However, Gold Tiers will remain quite challenging, as are intended to be. Gold is meant to be a place for a very tough competition between very experienced players.

Nevertheless, thank you for bringing up your opinion!

Tweaking matchmaking doesnt address the main issue - which is too few tiers and deflationary measures such as removing excess points at reset

All tweaking matchmaking does is mean some will get easier matches and some will get harder since the pool of players and number of tiers remains the same. From the sound of things it will be players with mature accounts but bad luck with arena champ pulls who will get the raw deal this time.

May 7, 2021, 10:5705/07/21
May 7, 2021, 10:57(edited)
04/18/19
sulst

I wouldn't care about the arena losses at all if they were not needed to get through missions.

SEVEN YEARS ??  Well I myself have been playing Online , Since there was an Online ,,,

and I totally agree with you Raid Arena is FUBAR

My Friend and I ran a Billboard Game back in the Late 80s ...

My First Computer Game was on a 5 1/2 inch Floppy ... 

I have played 100s on Online games and From Experience

RAID ARENA IS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE TIME OF GAMING !!