All Categories

Help with second 6*

Help with second 6*

Search
May 2, 2021, 20:1605/02/21
12/28/20

Help with second 6*

Hi community,

i am unsure who to six as my second hero.

My first was Siphi, first lego i got and a nobrainer.

Current 5ers are: 

Legos: Ovelis, Septimus, Altan. 

None booked. 3 books remaining.

Epic: Mordin, Shaman, Shamael, Nazana plus Klodd and Gorgorab, who are still leveling to 50

Mordin, Gorgorab, Klodd and Nazana fully booked, Shaman and Shamael not at all. No books atm.

Rare: Fellhound, Coldheart, Abyssal plus Apothecary still leveling. 

Fellhound and Coldheart fully booked, Apo one missing, Abyssal 4 missing. No books left. 

Situation: I am in a weak clan, that doesnt even get CB 1, i do my daily 2 keys for mission, around 4,5m damage, and thats it.

Arena: Struggling with getting into Bronze III, sometimes getting in, getting out fast again.

Campaign: Could finish brutal, i guess at area 10 now, but too busy with leveling up heroes/food atm.

Dungeons: Fireknight, Spider and Ice Golem 9, Dragon 12

Potion Dungeons: 10-11

Honestly i dont care too much about Arena atm, but it keeps me from progressing to Arbiter.

So my question is, what would be the next best step to get better and who of the above mentioned heroes is the best to help me along the way as my next 6er?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 2, 2021, 20:4105/02/21
06/25/20

You are very lucky - Vizier Ovelis is, in my opinion, one of the very best champs in the game, because he is an absolute game-changer for Clan Boss. Altan is amazing just about everywhere, same with Septimus.

With Vizier you can do *far* more than 4.5M damage, especially with the champs you have.

I would suggest you work on a CB team that can get you to two-key Nightmare CB (roughly 20M damage per key). You have almost all of the pieces you'd need. I would say, something like:

Vizier (debuff extender)

Frozen Banshee (poison + poison sensitivity), if you have her - if not, find someone with a decent poison that can be used instead

Altan (huge damage and DEF up, ATK down)

Siphi (block stun, passive heal)

The last piece of the puzzle would ideally be people with some combination of DEF down, Weaken, Leech, and healing.

May 2, 2021, 21:0705/02/21
May 2, 2021, 21:09(edited)
12/28/20

Is CB that important? 

Or is a more allrounder hero better, that may not excel here but help in all areas.

And i have a banshee lying around, but i cant book her, so relying or her as a poisoner isnt that strong, i guess.

May 2, 2021, 21:1205/02/21
04/14/20

Your next step, before getting into the CB team that Krama mentioned, is to get someone who can farm brutal 12.3. I'm confused about your comment that you aren't progressing in the brutal campaign because you're too busy leveling up food - you should be leveling up food in brutal 12.3, doing it in lower chapters will take much longer. 

I'm not sure how well Altan would do at farming campaign - could probably get it done but not very fast, I guess Septimus would be faster. Altan has more utility overall though, Septimus is fairly specialized as a champ, so I'd probably say Altan as next 6*. 

May 2, 2021, 21:1705/02/21
04/14/20
Smutje Fischkopf

Is CB that important? 

Or is a more allrounder hero better, that may not excel here but help in all areas.

And i have a banshee lying around, but i cant book her, so relying or her as a poisoner isnt that strong, i guess.

Well if you're wasting books on the likes of Fellhound and Abyssal, then you don't have them when you actually need them on someone like FB... but it's not that bad, at least you have CH fully booked and Apo mostly, so now you can just put the final book on Apo, then do FB. 

CB is definitely important, but you're right about picking more all-round champions for your first few 6*s, that's why I'd go with Altan. And it would probably have been more efficient if you hadn't taken Siphi as your first 6*, even though she's obviously the best champion on your roster - your first 6* should always be someone who can do a decent job farming campaign, which Siphi is pretty terrible for. 

May 2, 2021, 21:1705/02/21
12/28/20

Right now finishing a brutal level takes me nearly double the time of a difficult, but doesnt spill out double the XP. Thus considering i dont want to spend hours on end in the game, my xp/h is higher on difficult atm. Thus maybe my next 6er should help farm brutal?

May 2, 2021, 21:1905/02/21
04/14/20
Smutje Fischkopf

Right now finishing a brutal level takes me nearly double the time of a difficult, but doesnt spill out double the XP. Thus considering i dont want to spend hours on end in the game, my xp/h is higher on difficult atm. Thus maybe my next 6er should help farm brutal?

Yep. And in the end it's about how much XP you get relative to your energy - for sure you'll get more XP per energy in brutal 12.3 than in hard 12.3. But indeed you'd want someone who does it in a reasonable time - as I said, probably Septimus is faster than Altan, but Altan has more overall utility, so that's a tradeoff you'd have to make. 

May 2, 2021, 21:5105/02/21
May 2, 2021, 21:58(edited)
01/02/20

Who  was  your  starter  champ?  Or,  who  is  your  farmer?

I   do  not  have  him ,  but  I  think  Fellhound  is  a  fast  farmer,  if  your  starter  isnt  your  farmer.  Just  read  that  Fellhound  is  hard  to  gear  as  farmer,  so  may  not  be  best  choice.

I  suggest  making  Apo  your  next  6*  after  your  farmer,  he  will  help  in  many  many  areas.

Once  you  are  farming  12-3  and  making  chickens,  then  you  probably  should  focus  on  your  Dragon  team.  Getting  to  lvl  20  and  farming  5*-6*  gear  will  help  you  in  other  areas  when  you  start  building  other  teams,  including  CB.

Stop  working  on  Abyssal,  save  resources  on  someone  that  will  help  long  term.

Posting  your  roster  will  help  community  make  better  suggestions.

May 2, 2021, 22:3105/02/21
May 2, 2021, 22:33(edited)
12/28/20

Indeed Fellhound is my main farmer. My starting hero was Athel. But i found that on average the aoe on 1 of the fellhound did more damage. Maybe not he best choice, but he keeps up a good damage output.

Abyssal will indeed stay at 50 right now and not get any further books, but he is a good asset at spider for the moment.

My roster is over 100 heros, of which about 20 are food. 

All legos were mentioned above and there are some 15+ epics i didnt mention: Garkut, Dark Elhain, Bushi, Marksman, Jinglehunter, Jarang, Dark Athel, Exemplar, High Khatun, Prundar, Melga Steelgirdle, Etessa, Yaga, Romero, Ripper, Mistress of Hymns, Fang Cleric, Knight Errant and Sandlashed Survivor.

For rares, i have all the starters but Kael, a Soulbound, a Warmaiden in progress, a Dagger and tons of dwarves with bad ratings. ;)

The only two uncommons i am working on is Armiger and a fully booked (by dupes) Shield Guard.  

May 2, 2021, 22:5205/02/21
May 2, 2021, 22:52(edited)
01/15/21

Im surprised fellhound was a better farmer than athel, athel is a good farmer, but if it works why change it!

If you can farm 12-3 i would start building a CB team too, it is important

I am in shock at how many champs you have and top ones too- so early in the game :)

May 2, 2021, 22:5505/02/21
04/22/20

I support the others who have suggested Altan. Of the Champs you have he will offer by far the most use in the most areas and will be valuable as long you play the game. 

May 2, 2021, 22:5505/02/21
06/25/20
Smutje Fischkopf

Is CB that important? 

CB is critical for progressing from mid-game to late-game. You get a regular supply of ancient/void/sacred shards, as well as epic/lego books.

I do agree with L9, in that you should first get brutal 12-3 or 12-6 on auto-farm, but once you've done that, CB should be your next priority IMO.

And FB is a fantastic CB champ, since she's super easy to book and puts out quite a lot of damage with the poison and poison sensitivity.

May 2, 2021, 23:3705/02/21
May 2, 2021, 23:37(edited)
10/15/20
Smutje Fischkopf

Exactly that is the reason why Siphi was a bad choice as first lvl 60 and why Altan (only single target attacks) should not be your second lvl 60. Altan can farm brutal 12-3, but he has to attack 12 times, and his passive revive of the food champs will make the fights last even longer, as they get a lot of useless turns.

Fellhound is your main farmer. Fellhound is only lvl 50, what leeds to inefficient farming in hard instead of brutal --> clear choice, Fellhound has to be the next lvl 60. He should have been your first lvl 60 anyway. Efficient farming = more lvl 60 champs in the same time.

May 3, 2021, 08:4805/03/21
01/15/21
Skadi

Exactly that is the reason why Siphi was a bad choice as first lvl 60 and why Altan (only single target attacks) should not be your second lvl 60. Altan can farm brutal 12-3, but he has to attack 12 times, and his passive revive of the food champs will make the fights last even longer, as they get a lot of useless turns.

Fellhound is your main farmer. Fellhound is only lvl 50, what leeds to inefficient farming in hard instead of brutal --> clear choice, Fellhound has to be the next lvl 60. He should have been your first lvl 60 anyway. Efficient farming = more lvl 60 champs in the same time.

I always say 6 star your starter champ, they are deliberately designed to be excellent farmers

But yes if fellhound already 50, might as well 6 star it.

May 4, 2021, 00:3405/04/21
08/09/20

Agree about Fellhound. Get your 12-3 brutal farmer set and it'll make the rest of the game so much easier.

May 4, 2021, 02:2405/04/21
03/18/20

My first lego was altan, i got him to 60 as fast as i could and that helped in so many areas hes a beast with his def aura for clan boss and when you pull decent gear you ll be able to get him to whack a1s around 100 00 k plus before proc ing etc on top

his inc ally defence is great (a2), his dec attack (a1) for clan boss great also

if you kill a enemy using altan he revives dead champ 

me personally for seeing what he brought me early game i would strongly suggest altan as your next or if not next to 6 then next next lol