All Categories

Where do you get your legendary books

Search
Apr 30, 2021, 09:5004/30/21
03/08/21

So, ive only been playing for a short period so I understand that iam not drowning in Books. But I got Brogni as my first Legendary and I cant even fully book him. Have been playing almost 2 months and dont even have enough to fully book 1 legendary.

I do want more legendaries ofcourse but as it stands I cannot even book them and that is when they really make a difference. Most events that have leggo books as reward seem to be almost unachievable for people not spending 100 dollars per month or more on this game. For example the 3000 points needed for summoning within 3 days. I dont have 6 sacred shards laying around..... I had 1 (since I had to spend them for Brogni just a few days ago).

So, I get that it is supposed to be hard but not having a decent way on for example farming books (just like potions) seems kinda silly. So, this is probably just another way of forcing you to spend money unfortunatly to buy leggo books since obtaining them seems nearly impossible. Will this be improving much in the next 2-4 months?? Think doing harder clan-boss might help some?

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 30, 2021, 10:5104/30/21
04/14/20

Early on, you get a number from various fixed rewards - login rewards, one-time rewards in campaign/progress missions/challenges, that kind of thing. Later, it will be more from CB chests  (mostly UNM top chest, the NM top chest has very low odds of dropping them and the other chests not at all). The advanced quests give you a lego book every month or so, if you're making sure to do them more or less every day. 

Basically, by the time you have multiple legendaries and need a steady supply of books, you should be able to get something like 4 or 5 per month. More for people who get two UNM chests every day and can reach the high rewards in the events. 

Apr 30, 2021, 11:1104/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 11:11(edited)
03/08/21

yeah so that is basically what iam saying yes. Ive been getting 11 so far I think and that is with all the newbie freebies so to say. But those Iam not getting anymore since all the quest etc where you can easily get them by just playing are finished. And got 11 total. Enough to barely or not even book 1 legendary. Not expecting to be showered in them ofc but for now there is hardly anywhere I can get them anymore. The occaisonal tournament if lucky maybe but that does not seem to be that much. So even in the small offchance I get another leggo within 2 months I cannot properly use him/her since I dont have books.

Oh, and iam allready spending some money on the game so its not that iam free to play but not gonna spend 25 dollars for 1 leggo book obviously :S

Apr 30, 2021, 11:3104/30/21
08/15/20

Imagine you need about 14 legendary books to fully book a leggo....now with most teams, you need 4-5 champs to run a full rooster...that is about 70 books you need.

You can get them by in-game rewards...you can get them by running NM and UNM clanboss....or you can buy them. 

With the price you mentioned, it is about 1750 $....it is your choice how you obtain those books... 

Apr 30, 2021, 12:2204/30/21
04/14/20
Tanreh

Imagine you need about 14 legendary books to fully book a leggo....now with most teams, you need 4-5 champs to run a full rooster...that is about 70 books you need.

You can get them by in-game rewards...you can get them by running NM and UNM clanboss....or you can buy them. 

With the price you mentioned, it is about 1750 $....it is your choice how you obtain those books... 

Most champions don't require that many books to be fully upgraded - although it's true that recently there seems to be a trend of releasing champions requiring a ton of books, clearly more than the older legendaries. More importantly though, for many champions it's not that crucial or even completely unnecessary to fully book them anyway. 

Apr 30, 2021, 12:4104/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 12:43(edited)
04/18/19

Lego Books are RARE ON PURPOSE 

Look in the Cash Shop, they have 1000s of Lego Books there that you can have

for a price , other then that farming Advanced Quest daily will get you a Lego book ..............

over and over , but NOW that they added Doom Tower as part of it ,, NOT REALLY

except for the Whales

Apr 30, 2021, 14:4004/30/21
03/08/21
Tanreh

Yeah but that isnt really an option for most players is it :) 1750dollars for a game :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also NM and UNM is not for everybody and you kinda need specific champs to do well. And waiting 6months before getting a tiny small chance on getting lego books... yeah

So, not complaining that it takes effort to get a leggo book. That is how it should be. Same as getting legendary kinda. But there just doesnt seem to be a decent way to get those that will cover what you need. At the start you get some "free" books but that dries up in the first month of playing and you are stuck between all kinds of things. Can get books from NM and UNM clanboss but you need booked leggo's to achieve that (or very specific epic champs ofc)

Apr 30, 2021, 14:4604/30/21
06/25/20
Gondorath

Yeah but that isnt really an option for most players is it :) 1750dollars for a game :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Also NM and UNM is not for everybody and you kinda need specific champs to do well. And waiting 6months before getting a tiny small chance on getting lego books... yeah

So, not complaining that it takes effort to get a leggo book. That is how it should be. Same as getting legendary kinda. But there just doesnt seem to be a decent way to get those that will cover what you need. At the start you get some "free" books but that dries up in the first month of playing and you are stuck between all kinds of things. Can get books from NM and UNM clanboss but you need booked leggo's to achieve that (or very specific epic champs ofc)

You get guaranteed lego books from advanced quests. You can also get quite a few from faction wars.

Apr 30, 2021, 14:5504/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 14:58(edited)
03/08/21
kramaswamy.kr

You get guaranteed lego books from advanced quests. You can also get quite a few from faction wars.

yeah so 275 advanced quests give you a legendary book. That is 27.5 days. So 1 a month. Need 1 year of Advanced quests to book 1 legendary. So no not really.

Faction wars :D:D:D You need to clear stage 21! So no, not an option. That is what I mean. There is not decent way on getting those books for newish players (less then 6months in).

They have for example now with the Champion Training event 1 !!!!! book at 14250 points. That is like I dont know 1000 gems refreshing of energy to even get there. For just 1 book :S

Same for Champion Chase. 3k points. Not many players have lets say 6 sacred lying around. Same for Void shards (and thats a waste since its not 2x for voids) and ancient/mystery shards do nothing. I get that it is hard and difficult to get. But this is ridiculous to me.

Apr 30, 2021, 14:5804/30/21
06/25/20

I don't really understand your complaint there - a free lego book every month is absolutely reasonable, considering that it is intended to be endgame content.

And as for faction wars - you absolutely can beat faction wars without monster gear. In fact, faction wars is arguably the friendliest way to get lego books in the game - you can get them without any lego champs of your own, simply using proper epic champs from each faction.

Apr 30, 2021, 14:5904/30/21
12/19/19

The game is free to play, not free to play with multiple legendaries.  Especially for new players.  Need to invest time, money or both.  This is why as f2p, epics are more important to focus on as the books are more reasonable to obtain.  And also why focusing on shards is a low priority for me.

Apr 30, 2021, 15:0304/30/21
03/08/21
kramaswamy.kr

I don't really understand your complaint there - a free lego book every month is absolutely reasonable, considering that it is intended to be endgame content.

And as for faction wars - you absolutely can beat faction wars without monster gear. In fact, faction wars is arguably the friendliest way to get lego books in the game - you can get them without any lego champs of your own, simply using proper epic champs from each faction.

How is not booking even 1 legendary in 1 year fully endgame content :S

And please show me how you can beat faction wars 21 (all of them ofc) easily. That is just ridiculous. You need at least... at least 5 of the best rare champions per faction. And then have them be level 50 At least. And geared in level 16 gear. Dont tell me you easily beat all factions with just a bunch of random level 40 rares in level 8-12 gear.

But yeah, Like I said. I dont mind that some rewards are endgame rewards. Fine that you give only 1 book for beating the end game faction wars boss. But the issue is that there is hardly anything in between.

Apr 30, 2021, 15:0504/30/21
06/25/20
Gondorath

How is not booking even 1 legendary in 1 year fully endgame content :S

And please show me how you can beat faction wars 21 (all of them ofc) easily. That is just ridiculous. You need at least... at least 5 of the best rare champions per faction. And then have them be level 50 At least. And geared in level 16 gear. Dont tell me you easily beat all factions with just a bunch of random level 40 rares in level 8-12 gear.

But yeah, Like I said. I dont mind that some rewards are endgame rewards. Fine that you give only 1 book for beating the end game faction wars boss. But the issue is that there is hardly anything in between.

I mean you sorta proved my point. You yourself are suggesting you can beat FW21 with five rare champions at level 60. That is almost the definition of F2P friendly. Booking rares is super cheap, as is fully ascending them, and ancient shards are quite plentiful, so you can easily get those rares.

Apr 30, 2021, 16:5804/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 16:59(edited)
03/08/21

I think you misunderstood me. It will be nearly impossible to beat FW21 with just rares. They all have to be level 60 probably with full masteries and l16 gear. And even then I have my doubts due to lacking certain skill sets.

But say that you can. Then you have to get  5 decent rares per faction (14 factions x 5 = 60 usable rares. Wich by itself is allready challenging since there are many many unusable rares wich you dont want to invest in). Then you have to level ALL to atleast level 50 but probably 60 (again, no resources or time to do and many will be useless). Wich is even way more difficult. And THEN you have to fully gear ALL of them. Not even talking about getting masteries AND books (around 350 asuming you need around 6 to fully book and iam being generous). Oh and I forgot you have to get them ALL 5 star gear that is level 16 with decent substats as well :D:D:D

So no, as a free to play player beating all L21FW is nearly impossible. And even then, if you can. You can book 2 legendaries probably. So much effort for hardly any reward and to achieve this specific effort you have to cut so much other progress as well.

Out of curiosity, what level are you? Since when have you been playing? And how much on average do you spend in this game? To get a little perspective from my side. I dont really feel we are on the same level here :)

Apr 30, 2021, 17:0604/30/21
06/25/20

Everything you described is 100% doable for an FTP player. I would even argue it's fairly effortless. All it really takes is time. And that's sorta the definition of an FTP player/game. If you don't want to spend money, you instead of have to spend time.

I'm level 77ish. Been playing for about 300 days. Completely FTP, never spent a dime on the game, with the exception of the one-week free trial of the raid pass (cancelled after the free trial ended).

As for how much time, that depends on whether you're asking me how much active time I spend, or how much time I spend having the phone on my desk while doing other things and clicking every few minutes to replay a fight. If the former, probably around an hour a day. If the latter, I have my phone on me at all times of the day, so it's easy enough to just spend a few seconds clicking replay.

Sep 18, 2021, 17:5609/18/21
Sep 26, 2021, 12:38(edited)
09/18/21

Friends, thanks for the recommendations. These books are really quite interesting and your recommendations will also be useful to me in the future, while searching and selecting a book for reading. Recently, I have been reading more and more satirical novels and on the site https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/satire/  I read several useful essays about satire and about books that use this technique. One of my favorite books in which the satire method is very actively used is Gulliver's Travel.

Sep 18, 2021, 18:3409/18/21
02/17/20

First thing I do is go to the dungeon page then look at the locked Sky Peak tower and see its still locked, then I click it anyway in the vain hope that maybe its actually open but they havent changed the icon yet. Then I weep bitterly while saying "Why aren't you open?! You were supposed to be open by now!" 

Then I wait for a special offer with books to come up in the store. Some of the offers are actually much more enticing now like the min/max pack for £2.99 to get another CB key instead of the more expensive version giving a couple of keys, more chickens and potions. Maybe we'll start to see legendary books without as much padding to inflate the price.

Sep 20, 2021, 16:4309/20/21
09/20/21
Tanreh

Yeah, but that's not really an option for most players is it :) 1750 dollars for a game

Furthermore, NM and UNM isn't for everybody and it takes a specific type of player to do well. It's not that easy getting Lego books.  you need to wait 6 months before even getting a small chance. Yes, I agree

Sep 20, 2021, 22:1809/20/21
11/16/20

I think I get around a dozen or so free Lego books from cb and advanced quests each month. Is it a ton no, but I doubt many people especially f2p are 6 starring a new Lego each month.

Sep 20, 2021, 22:3209/20/21
06/25/20
evilized6666

I think I get around a dozen or so free Lego books from cb and advanced quests each month. Is it a ton no, but I doubt many people especially f2p are 6 starring a new Lego each month.

A dozen seems a bit high. I'd probably put it at closer to like ... 4 per month. Unless you're a spender.

Sep 20, 2021, 23:0909/20/21
11/16/20
kramaswamy.kr

A dozen seems a bit high. I'd probably put it at closer to like ... 4 per month. Unless you're a spender.

I'm sure it varies, I swear one week I got at least one a day and two in a single day more than once. Was a good week when the rng gods smile on you.

But I'm willing to be you get at least 6 in a month. I'm not sure as I never kept track.

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.