All Categories

The arena is now the real Doom Tower!

Search
Apr 12, 2021, 12:1804/12/21
02/20/17

It is like rolling down a staircase.

How did you like the last reset?  Did you arbitrarily go down maybe a few hundred points cuz you were near the top of your tier and then got reset to the bottom?  That was worth maybe 25-30 battles in one fell swoop.  Then when you hit the bottom, sitting there leaves you open to attack and you can get bumped down into next lower tier, how's that for a fun game?  Then you have a very hard time recovering cuz the same people you could not beat in your old tier are down there with you.

I guess eventially most of the golds will roll into bronze, do not see any way around it.  You cannot possibly get better in time to counteract what the decreasing GH bonuses are doing to you.  The people that were legitimately really good will probably stay that way, but many others will spiral down, down, down.

Plarium would like you to spend your way out of this, and get an elevator ride back upward, no thanks, there are real things in life that are best served by $$$.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 12, 2021, 13:5504/12/21
10/15/20

I was on 2370 points when i went to bed, it looks like i lost 90 ish while i slept and did some urgent morning work- which pushed me to 2280 ish..of course with the current system i reset to 2000 points

Yes it is deliberately deflationary and yes it is so people spend more money...just as clan vs clan is designed to have clan members apply peer pressure to spend.

Apr 12, 2021, 14:0204/12/21
01/31/21

was on 3/4 of s3 woke up in s2 :D

Apr 12, 2021, 14:1004/12/21
10/15/20
tanthil

was on 3/4 of s3 woke up in s2 :D

Are you planning to fight your way back up?

I cant be arsed, no more arena for me, though i feel guilty that i will show up as an opponent for bronze players in a few weeks.

Apr 12, 2021, 14:1404/12/21
01/31/21
trevor.wilson

Are you planning to fight your way back up?

I cant be arsed, no more arena for me, though i feel guilty that i will show up as an opponent for bronze players in a few weeks.

Just for daily tasks, maybe will manage to choose opponets wisely to get some tokens, or not.. :)

Apr 12, 2021, 14:1504/12/21
10/15/20
tanthil

Just for daily tasks, maybe will manage to choose opponets wisely to get some tokens, or not.. :)

I held G2 for two weeks and almost pushed G3 as well, not bad for essentially ftp (ive spent 10)

But it required constant play, and it was like a full time job and games are supposed to be entertainment.

Apr 12, 2021, 21:2004/12/21
02/20/17

I went from G4 to S4, I guess Plarium would be pleased, after they enabled me to go up pretty far and fast.  But I take the arena more casually, not sure if I will ever get to beat many, but really just to get in the five battles perday win or lose is all I need.  Not crazy about those prizes anyway.  What I will miss is the GH bonuses, trying to get more medal upgrades.  No matter what level I am at, I expect to face a battery of legos, ones I can NEVER ever get.

Out of 40 opponents on a round, I did a random check of all that I faced and 5/40 I also owned, and the other 35 were awesome creatures with awesome skills.  So I know the story, people way lower than me got lots of better stuff.  As far as starting the game over, I do not see how that would change anything, but I know I have spent oodles of time in this game trying to make something good out of terrible champs.  I lacked lots of good info I now am aware of.  But in the process of getting rid of bad champs I also unknowingly got rid of good ones that I did not appreciate at the time, like High Khatun and Seeker.