All Categories

NEW Player - Need Advice

NEW Player - Need Advice

Search
Apr 8, 2021, 21:3604/08/21
04/07/21

NEW Player - Need Advice

So, when I say 'new' player, I mean I started playing the game yesterday (4/7) and I have a question.

I have somehow managed to get 8 Ancient shards (campaign, marketplace, dungeons) and I want to know if I should open them tomorrow with the 10x plus "Double Legendary" event or hold until a 2x event.

I have the following champs as my "core":

• Kael (Starter)
  • Spirithost (Campaign drop)
  • Warmaiden (Campaign drop)
  • Metalshaper (Mystery shard)
  • Shieldguard (Campaign drop)
  • Graybeard (Campaign drop)

I have some other 2-star champs and have basically just been grinding up food as my energy allows and doing missions. I have yet to even clear the campaign and need to get my core champs ranked up to be able to do that.

So, I think the wise thing is probably to keep on grinding and wait for a 2x but the champs tomorrow are really tempting!

Please offer a newbie some advice!!!!

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 8, 2021, 21:4504/08/21
12/19/19

Kael to 60, save your shards. Stay focused... lol

Apr 8, 2021, 21:4704/08/21
06/25/20

Save them. The 10X events are really meant for people who already have a lot of stuff and are looking for something specific.

For context - on a normal day, ancient has 91.5% chance for rare, 8% epic, and 0.5% legendary. On an x10 event, the chances remain the same, but if you roll an epic or legendary, you have 10x chance of getting a specific champ.

This particular event is interesting since if you were lucky enough to get the 0.5% legendary chance, you'd actually get *two* legendaries rather than one. But with eight shards, your odds of landing one are only about 4%, which is very small.

You're better off waiting for an x2 event - where you'll have 16% chance for epic and 1% for legendary, which means your odds of drawing a lego become roughly 8% instead.