All Categories

FIX ARENAS OMFG

FIX ARENAS OMFG

Search
Mar 25, 2021, 14:2703/25/21
03/22/20

FIX ARENAS OMFG

WTF Plarium...

What happened to the arenas? I've been playing for 14 months and the last 6 I've been in Gold VI. From the last patch, I immediately dropped to Gold III and I can't win a single match. I only have people against me with godlike heroes with godlike gear. So you ruined my weekly rewards, ruined the development of GH and made me weaker everywhere. 

Fix your game !!! 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 25, 2021, 15:2803/25/21
12/25/20

Welcome to New Player with Less then 3 Months 101 .............................

Bropnze Tier 1 ,  Teams of Legos , 60s and Fully accended Heros 

This is what I see over and over all day long in Bronze I ....

Totally unbeatable for me with less then 3 Months in as an F2P player 

i

Mar 25, 2021, 15:4503/25/21
12/19/19
Max Pain

Welcome to New Player with Less then 3 Months 101 .............................

Bropnze Tier 1 ,  Teams of Legos , 60s and Fully accended Heros 

This is what I see over and over all day long in Bronze I ....

Totally unbeatable for me with less then 3 Months in as an F2P player 

i

all teams u should beat.... read some of the helpful advice

Mar 25, 2021, 15:5903/25/21
06/25/20

Yup. The only one of those teams that you may not win against would be the second one running Khatun. All of the rest should be effortless with a proper low-budget speed team.

Mar 25, 2021, 16:0303/25/21
12/25/20
Trips

all teams u should beat.... read some of the helpful advice

Easy for you to say Trips ,,, I dont even get a turn before I amd Dead 

Most times I get dead with 2 Hits from only 2 of those heros ...

I really dont care what anyone who has been playing for more then 16 months has to say about Beatable teams of 60s , Sure you can beat them 

I dont have 2 or 3 players with 100% Crit rate and 200 Crit

I am Lucky if i even have 4 star Speed Boots on 2 or 3 of my heros

Never mind having 5 star or 6 star gear that is recommended by Hellhades 

for attack heros and HP heros etc 

It is even more Hilarious when I try to take down a Single Hero team that gets 2 Turns before i get a Turn , then gets a 3rd turn after only one of my heros fires a Skill .....

Like i said ,, Less then 3 months free to play Player doesnt stand a chance

we dont have the Gear, we dont have the masteries, we dont have the Great hall bonuses

We dont have the Arena bonuses , we just Dont

But you just keep being condecending to new players, we just get frustrated and go someplace else

Mar 25, 2021, 16:1303/25/21
06/25/20

You're free to think what you'd like, but I'm speaking from experience as a 100% FTP player. I'm currently further than you in terms of amount of time played, but I can guarantee you that you have *more* than enough time played to win against the teams you posted in your screenshot.

Literally just make your cookie-cutter arena offense team - Khatun, Warmaiden, Spirithost, Kael. All are free or farmable.

Mar 26, 2021, 01:0803/26/21
01/10/21

yea i can go easy in pvp i have arbiter but i fear some of my team members will stop to play all 30 of them complane about pvp i lost 2 yesterday had to replace somthings got to be done with pvp !!!

Mar 26, 2021, 02:5603/26/21
12/20/20
Max Pain

Easy for you to say Trips ,,, I dont even get a turn before I amd Dead 

Most times I get dead with 2 Hits from only 2 of those heros ...

I really dont care what anyone who has been playing for more then 16 months has to say about Beatable teams of 60s , Sure you can beat them 

I dont have 2 or 3 players with 100% Crit rate and 200 Crit

I am Lucky if i even have 4 star Speed Boots on 2 or 3 of my heros

Never mind having 5 star or 6 star gear that is recommended by Hellhades 

for attack heros and HP heros etc 

It is even more Hilarious when I try to take down a Single Hero team that gets 2 Turns before i get a Turn , then gets a 3rd turn after only one of my heros fires a Skill .....

Like i said ,, Less then 3 months free to play Player doesnt stand a chance

we dont have the Gear, we dont have the masteries, we dont have the Great hall bonuses

We dont have the Arena bonuses , we just Dont

But you just keep being condecending to new players, we just get frustrated and go someplace else

As a f2p, I started playing exactly 5 days before you did and chances are I've progressed further in most areas of the game than you.  I have no idea how much time you have and how much time you spend on this game, per day.  But what I do know is the only actual difference is you never asked for help in your 3 months of playing.  I took a look at your profile out of curiousity.  In my 3 months I asked for help 5 separate times and applied the advice to the game.  That's the only difference.  You don't need to be a whale to progress and compete at mid tiers.  Just maximize your time by asking someone else, who's already spent the time finding a solution.

Mar 26, 2021, 12:4503/26/21
12/25/20

As a f2p, I started playing exactly 5 days before you did and chances are I've progressed further in most areas of the game than you.  I have no idea how much time you have and how much time you spend on this game, per day.  But what I do know is the only actual difference is you never asked for help in your 3 months of playing.  I took a look at your profile out of curiousity.  In my 3 months I asked for help 5 separate times and applied the advice to the game.  That's the only difference.  You don't need to be a whale to progress and compete at mid tiers.  Just maximize your time by asking someone else, who's already spent the time finding a solution.

well, I READ ,, I read a lot ,,, 

I watch Videos , I watch them a lot

Hellhades , Ash , Ayumilove, etc,, etc,, etc ,,,

When i actually Pull the Heros people mention ,, then I will build them 

When i actually PULL the GEAR , I will build it ,,,

You know 5 star Speed boots ....

5 Star Att% Chest or Def% 

5 Star Crit% Gloves , or Def%, or HP%

When I actually get  an MM , or a Bad El . or a Sinesha , 

or Heaven Forbid I Pull a KAEL , 

But Athel works good with the Feebie Life Steal @ 6 stars

CANT BUILD IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT 

Mar 26, 2021, 20:0603/26/21
Mar 27, 2021, 03:04(edited)
02/23/21

Don't worry, Max Pain. I have Kael and "S-tier" epics (MM, Dhukk). They are 50/60, wearing 5* speed or whatever apropriate gears. And I'm stuck at Bronze2-3. Even if you could get out from Bronze1, your pain continues. There will be no Arbiter for us.

Mar 26, 2021, 22:3303/26/21
Mar 26, 2021, 22:44(edited)
12/20/20
Max Pain

well, I READ ,, I read a lot ,,, 

I watch Videos , I watch them a lot

Hellhades , Ash , Ayumilove, etc,, etc,, etc ,,,

When i actually Pull the Heros people mention ,, then I will build them 

When i actually PULL the GEAR , I will build it ,,,

You know 5 star Speed boots ....

5 Star Att% Chest or Def% 

5 Star Crit% Gloves , or Def%, or HP%

When I actually get  an MM , or a Bad El . or a Sinesha , 

or Heaven Forbid I Pull a KAEL , 

But Athel works good with the Feebie Life Steal @ 6 stars

CANT BUILD IT IF YOU DONT HAVE IT 

Reading is good, but asking is better.  Reading gives generalized advice that may or may not be applicable to your situation.  Asking will give you specific advice that you can use right away.  

You ever hear the tale of the farmer who saw a hare run into a tree and die.  He took the hare home and cooked it for dinner.  He then sat there every day afterwards waiting for a another hare that never came.  The point is you can wait for an end game champion for a long time and there's no guarantee you'll ever pull one.  You can either keep waiting or work with what you have.  Raid is a slow, progression based game.  Most people will stop playing if they don't progress.  The option of waiting may not be feasible for you, if you want to keep playing.  There are lots of B tier champions that will carry you through mid game.  I was in a similar situation a month in.  I decided I was okay with not progressing.  I farmed chickens and saved shards for x2s instead.  

As for gear, my advice is to farm brutal campaign while grinding chickens.  It took me around 800 energy to get my first 5 star Att% offense chest.  It took around 2k energy to farm four 5 star speed boots.  Don't bother with dragon, since you don't have a 5 star piece yet.  At your stage rarity doesn't matter, just the main stat.  Do your faction wars.  I've probably gotten the more good gear crafting at the forge than farming dungeons and campaign.  If you somehow get really unlucky and still don't get any drops worth while after 2-3k worth of campaign farminng, I would probably weigh whether it's worth it to keep playing.  At the end of the day, the game is not a rush but if you feel like it is, maybe it's not for you.

Mar 27, 2021, 00:0503/27/21
06/25/20

Look - this is really not complicated. The cookie-cutter speed team build IS NOT MEANT TO FIGHT OTHER SPEED TEAMS.

If you go against other speed teams you're hoping you are faster than they are, and that's a surefire way to throw away arena keys.

Use your cookie-cutter speed team against teams that *don't* have a speed lead. Your team should always be going first as a result.

Once again - cookie-cutter team is:

Khatun in pure speed gear, nothing else

Spirithost in combo speed and acc

Warmaiden in combo speed and acc

Kael with almost entirely damage gear, and possibly speed boots

Mar 27, 2021, 01:0603/27/21
01/19/21

You're right, it's not complicated. That doesn't mean it actually works against non-speed teams when they are in the power range 120k-170k with stat-heavy legendaries in B3/B4, I guess unless you can put together a similarly stat-heavy team of legendaries. Nor does it help when everyone else has also figured out the cookie-cutter speed team and are using that same setup or better in 7 out of 10 teams per draw and it's basically a coin toss on whether their lead has 1 measly point of speed over yours or not.

Seems to me like a lot of people giving out helpful advice have no concept of what the reality of the situation actually looks like. Some have made new accounts and brag about how they easily get into silver, not realizing that their brand new account is still in what I'd call the arena honeymoon period, same as I was in when I made it into S2 (and had I known then what I know now, I probably could've made it further), before the absurd matchmaking system kicks in and pits them against opponents far beyond what they are seeing at the moment because, apparently, Plarium wants you to minimize your total power or they'll punish you for not playing the game they've arbitrarily, and in a way that flies against the basic concept of the game, decided is the way you're supposed to (this goes beyond arena matchmaking as well, I'm fairly certain that it also means much more difficult tournament groups and who knows what else). I mean, sure, I could toss out 100+ champions that are just sitting in my vault and completely ignore faction wars, but it's pretty dumb that I'd have to to stay even remotely competitive.

At this point, I've more or less convinced myself that fixing the arena is of secondary concern to fixing the power calculation which is utter nonsense and in no way representative of the very metric it implies. Having a level 1 3* rare with no equipment just sitting in your vault can contribute to your power by about 1.5-2k power, but it has no actual value. 5 of those can't even clear stage 1 in faction wars and only barely the first levels of the campaign on normal. In contrast, my 60 6* almost fully geared (4-6* +16) Athel is 23.6k power, but worth far more than 12-16x compared to one of those unused champions who could be defeated by a mild breeze. If you've got 1, it probably doesn't change much, but it is an issue if, like me, you have 100+ of those in your vault, taking up a significant amount of your total power (about half in my case) yet adding no actual value.

Which isn't to say the arena doesn't need a fixing, but it doesn't make it easier to solve when the problems come in layers upon layers. Take care of the power issue and you'll at least have exposed the next set of issues.

Mar 27, 2021, 01:1503/27/21
06/25/20
EGDNIT

You're right, it's not complicated. That doesn't mean it actually works against non-speed teams when they are in the power range 120k-170k with stat-heavy legendaries in B3/B4, I guess unless you can put together a similarly stat-heavy team of legendaries. Nor does it help when everyone else has also figured out the cookie-cutter speed team and are using that same setup or better in 7 out of 10 teams per draw and it's basically a coin toss on whether their lead has 1 measly point of speed over yours or not.

Seems to me like a lot of people giving out helpful advice have no concept of what the reality of the situation actually looks like. Some have made new accounts and brag about how they easily get into silver, not realizing that their brand new account is still in what I'd call the arena honeymoon period, same as I was in when I made it into S2 (and had I known then what I know now, I probably could've made it further), before the absurd matchmaking system kicks in and pits them against opponents far beyond what they are seeing at the moment because, apparently, Plarium wants you to minimize your total power or they'll punish you for not playing the game they've arbitrarily, and in a way that flies against the basic concept of the game, decided is the way you're supposed to (this goes beyond arena matchmaking as well, I'm fairly certain that it also means much more difficult tournament groups and who knows what else). I mean, sure, I could toss out 100+ champions that are just sitting in my vault and completely ignore faction wars, but it's pretty dumb that I'd have to to stay even remotely competitive.

At this point, I've more or less convinced myself that fixing the arena is of secondary concern to fixing the power calculation which is utter nonsense and in no way representative of the very metric it implies. Having a level 1 3* rare with no equipment just sitting in your vault can contribute to your power by about 1.5-2k power, but it has no actual value. 5 of those can't even clear stage 1 in faction wars and only barely the first levels of the campaign on normal. In contrast, my 60 6* almost fully geared (4-6* +16) Athel is 23.6k power, but worth far more than 12-16x compared to one of those unused champions who could be defeated by a mild breeze. If you've got 1, it probably doesn't change much, but it is an issue if, like me, you have 100+ of those in your vault, taking up a significant amount of your total power (about half in my case) yet adding no actual value.

Which isn't to say the arena doesn't need a fixing, but it doesn't make it easier to solve when the problems come in layers upon layers. Take care of the power issue and you'll at least have exposed the next set of issues.

Actually - it does mean that, yes.

Here's the thing - if you're up against a team of 120k-170k that aren't running speed, and you're at low rank, there's a very good chance they are just running pure defense and HP. They usually aren't running resist.

And 50% decrease defense, along with 50% increased attack, goes a long way towards cutting those teams down.

My DEF-based team is about 170K strength - Sepulcher Sentinel, Brago, Rhazin, Ignatius. They each have fairly low resistance - around 150 on average.

If I go up against a speed-based team, even one with as low a team strength as 80K, I'll still probably lose, simply because with the def down and atk up, they can still dish out 50K crits on my team. The only time I survive is if I'm lucky enough to get the passive proc on SS to activate on someone like Ignatius, at which point he just oneshots their team. But otherwise, I simply lose.

Mar 27, 2021, 02:0303/27/21
01/19/21

I have tried it, you know, in various configurations, but shuffling gear around gets expensive after a while. I'm still nowhere near a reliable speed-nuke, unless I manage to double my damage output somehow. Short of getting solid 6* gear with near perfect substats, I'm not sure what else I can do, and that's a pretty tall order when you're in lower B4 at best. Sometimes it does work, granted, and sometimes they survive on just a sliver of health that I may or may not be able to clean up afterwards, but other times they don't even get a dent, and it's back to the coin toss which one it is. My most reliable setup right now is Jareg for defense and Spirithost for the cleansing/debuff block, combined with Serris for reducing enemy damage from both defense and attack heroes (HP heroes are a bit more problematic) and Athel for the nuke (she'll have to settle for buffing herself with attack increase), which usually allows me to survive and wear them down instead of an instant win that usually doesn't happen anyway. I still have to dodge most teams on account of them being speed teams, as well as some other teams containing heroes that I've learned are just not in the cards (Black Knight, Mountain King and some others, mainly purgers).

Either way, my personal woes has little to do with the overall problem; the same problem that allowed me to get halfway to S3 with a much worse team than I have now. Different parts of the game are at odds, and the issue spills over into other parts, the arena being one of them, which itself also spills over into even more parts of the game. The arena is, apparently, viewed as a PvP ladder, but functionally it's pretty much just a staler form of PvE that could be replaced entirely by bots and no one would even be able to tell the difference except possibly that they'd find it more enjoyable.

Mar 27, 2021, 02:1503/27/21
06/25/20

Honestly - post your stuff in another thread, because this shouldn't really be rocket science. You really *don't* need a monster set of gear.

I know this is a bad analogy since the numbers are so different - but as an example, my arena ATK-based team (Arbiter, Bigun, Nethril, Royal Huntsman) has a team strength of 140k, and I just handily wiped out a team of 220k strength.

The point isn't to brag, or to demonstrate how an amazing team can beat other amazing teams - but rather to point out the strength differential. The team I beat had almost double my team strength. This is similar to the experience I have with my DEF-based arena team. I've got about 160k team strength and I regularly lose to teams as low as 80k team strength that are speed-based.

I accept that, and simply choose not to fight those teams, because I know my DEF-based team is currently lacking in resist, and so those speed teams can rip my defenses apart. That's how you need to design your teams.

Mar 27, 2021, 02:4403/27/21
01/19/21

Right, and the teams I fight also have nearly double my strength if I get desperate and sometimes I win, but while the power measurement is deeply flawed, as illustrated by your own examples as well as my own experiences, it's not entirely without meaning when the difference gets big enough. Either way the inaccuracy itself should serve as a pretty good argument for why power-based matchmaking, or indeed power-based anything, is a bad idea. At least for as long as there's no a semi-accurate power metric in place. For the arena itself there are other issues and potential issues that I can't see because I'm restricted to seeing only a small subset of the arena at a time due to the matchmaking, ranging from mission progression and quest requirements to the balance between new players and power inflation, to the overall purpose of why it exists in the first place, but using power as a metric when it is clearly not accurate certainly isn't a great start and the problems that arise from it goes well beyond just the arena.

Unfortunately, any attempt to actually discuss this inevitably ends up in what amounts to git gud arguments, because a lot of people are apparently incapable of imagining a scenario where someone might have an opinion that isn't based exclusively on their desire to get free stuff, or whatever nonsense they tell themselves is the motivation. I already said more on it than I intended, my original point was mainly that it's not as simple as just building a cookie-cutter team and let it carry you to gold, because even then there are teams you can't outspeed and teams you can't outdamage, whether because they just have enough stats or particular champions to counter you, or because you haven't been lucky enough to get the gear and champions to snowball yourself. Even it it was, the end result would only be that everyone would use these cookie-cutter teams (which, as I said is already the case most of the time, where at least half the opponents have a High Khatun lead or something even faster, at least as far as my own experience is concerned) and you'd be back in the same situation where it comes down to that 1 point of speed that you have no way of telling which side it ends up on. It's not a healthy environment for either fun or competition, which makes me question whether the intent and/or design behind the arena is even sound to begin with.