All Categories

Arena complaints?

Arena complaints?

Search
Comments
May 16, 2021, 11:3105/16/21
11/16/20
moiser20

Seriously speed strat shouldn't play into it, it's beyond a joke, so if I don't have speed strat, then I have to wait like 8 turns before I can have a go, that's just one of the worst way to do this, I don't see any other games doing that, all other games DON'T do that and it's one of the WORST ways to do it, like seriously, I've never heard of anything so daft in my life.

i

of all the crap in arena to complain about youre going to complain about the stat system that has been in the game the entire time?

May 17, 2021, 11:4905/17/21
04/21/21

Yes speed plays a part, but not over kill where they have like 8 goes in a row before the first person even has a go.

NAME a game that does that!

I agree speed should play a part but I never said to randomize like that, say I have slow speed, let them go first with all there people not then have another go like this game does like seriously, you might as well just build up speed, and go 5 times in a row with your logic, so the other person doesn't have a go at all.

May 17, 2021, 12:3405/17/21
10/15/20
moiser20

Yes speed plays a part, but not over kill where they have like 8 goes in a row before the first person even has a go.

NAME a game that does that!

I agree speed should play a part but I never said to randomize like that, say I have slow speed, let them go first with all there people not then have another go like this game does like seriously, you might as well just build up speed, and go 5 times in a row with your logic, so the other person doesn't have a go at all.

They manage to go more than once not because of their speed. That is nearly impossible, unless you have base speed on all of your champs. To go 8 times they would need something around 800 speed, what is above the theoretical maximum in this game.

If they manage to go more than once before you do, that can happen only because you bring a team that is slow and has low resistance. So they can reduce your turnmeter (Rhazin for example) or stun/freeze your champs.

If your team has nothing to bring into arena, you are just not supposed to win. Either you try to be faster, or you try to put a wall of defense and resistance that can't be destroyed by the fast team and hit back after they did their stuff.

May 17, 2021, 22:4105/17/21
07/11/20
Skadi

They manage to go more than once not because of their speed. That is nearly impossible, unless you have base speed on all of your champs. To go 8 times they would need something around 800 speed, what is above the theoretical maximum in this game.

If they manage to go more than once before you do, that can happen only because you bring a team that is slow and has low resistance. So they can reduce your turnmeter (Rhazin for example) or stun/freeze your champs.

If your team has nothing to bring into arena, you are just not supposed to win. Either you try to be faster, or you try to put a wall of defense and resistance that can't be destroyed by the fast team and hit back after they did their stuff.

Actually, that's a view only held by elite players. 

"If your team has nothing to bring into the arena" you should be matched against others who "bring nothing" and not against a neverending horizon-to-horizon sea of arbiter and kymar led speed teams.  

In competitive chess, low ranked players are not matched against grandmasters. The only fair way to match opponents is to match them against others with similar past performace. 

See also the Elo System  

May 17, 2021, 23:0805/17/21
10/15/20
Elvie Honeydripper

"If your team has nothing to bring into the arena" you should be matched against others who "bring nothing" and not against a neverending horizon-to-horizon sea of arbiter and kymar led speed teams.  

In competitive chess, low ranked players are not matched against grandmasters. The only fair way to match opponents is to match them against others with similar past performace. 

See also the Elo System  

Well there SHOULD be a system to prevent you seeing much better teams already, called arena points.

I cant help thinking these algorithms based on player power and account power make things worse.

I understand the frustration, i used to refresh during the day and see maybe one or two fights a refresh where i think 'i can win that'

As for the speed meta, i think it should be less important personally, but then again if they implement less damage in arena so that going first is less important....we wll have longer fights and im not sure i want that either.

May 18, 2021, 00:2205/18/21
04/29/20

arena complains are most, because no one can progress to mission, because this stupid quest for Arena gold 4 and to get arbiter...last year and a half i stuck on arena quest...it is too much time for any quest, especialy when all progress in new content is just a dream in current situation...Plarium know about this, but say this quest was "Vital" for gameplay...seem it is vital, because gameplay never progress....

May 18, 2021, 09:0105/18/21
10/15/20
Elvie Honeydripper

See also the Elo System  

I also suggested to use Elo's System here in the forum in other threads about arena. As they allready have arena points that can serve as rating they wouldn't have to invent something new. Sadly Plarium will not implement this, they believe their actual system would be better, lol.

But even inside this broken matchmaking mechanic players should do their best to fight in the arena. And if your opponent goes acouple of times before you can act, you should try do do something against that. Resistance or Immortal set to prevent stun on your team, Freeze set to freeze the attacker, ... 

So many ways, and I'm sure moiser20 didn't try any of them yet.