All Categories

Arena complaints?

Arena complaints?

Search
Mar 21, 2021, 01:1803/21/21
12/20/20

Arena complaints?

I'm seeing a lot of complaints regarding the arena and yet for me the exact opposite has happened.  I got to gold 1 in around 3 months.  Never had issues maintaining rank after going to sleep.  I logged off yesterday entering gold 2 at 2400 points.  I log on today and I'm gold 3 with 2665 points???!!???  Am I getting lucky or am I getting attacked by bots?  The teams attacking me are worse than the ones that did at gold 1.  What gives?

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 21, 2021, 01:2403/21/21
09/29/20

That is part of the same issue believe it or not.

In Gold 1, you've seen some OP accounts of people who stopped playing not so long ago and now you crossed into the realm of active players, who are more often than not, not quite on that OP level yet.

Mar 21, 2021, 01:2903/21/21
12/20/20

So that means there are more people quitting this game or at least the arena, than there are ones coming in then.

Mar 21, 2021, 01:3303/21/21
01/19/21

Out of curiosity, what was/is your level and account power when you climbed up to gold? What was your arena team?

Mar 21, 2021, 01:5003/21/21
Mar 21, 2021, 02:00(edited)
12/20/20

@EGDNIT 

My account level has been progressively getting larger.  I entered silver 3-4 at around 500k power and stayed there for about 2 days max before my offense and defense got me to gold 1.  I was gold 1 from 500k to 700k power for 3 weeks or so, until yesterday when I got a bunch of easy matches, which got me to gold 2 and subsequently gold 3.  

i

My arena team on offense and defense at silver 3,4 and half of gold 1 was:

i

After the triple x2 summon event, I was getting knocked down to silver 4 sometimes because everyone's team probably got better but mine stayed the same.  I finally farmed a hp% chest for the shield set during that time, so I changed my defense to this:

i

On offense, I currently use one of the two teams shown above, depending on the opponent.

Mar 21, 2021, 02:1903/21/21
01/19/21

Interesting. I got halfway to S3 at around 200k power, though with a worse team than yours at the time. Increasing it to 300k, and now at 440k, I'm unable to even stay in B4. I'm certain to the point that someone would have to show me the actual game code to prove me wrong for me to accept that total power does not influence matchmaking (or something akin to it, it could be number of heroes in your vault too I guess...). I'm uncertain about level, there's some correlation but nothing that couldn't be explained otherwise.

I am however curious how the population is looking at the different tiers and if that influences matters. It would be interesting to see if there's a sort of dead zone in upper bronze/lower silver, past which things get easier. All I can say for now is that there's very little difference in teams from when I was at my peak in S2 and when I dropped down to B4, and the switch from doable to impossible took a grand total of 10 minutes (the time it took for me to open 56 ancient shards and refresh the arena list). What I'm seeing right now in B3/4 is remarkably similar in composition to what your screenshots above show. You wouldn't happen to have the approximate power levels of some of those teams, would you? I rarely see anything below 80k, and if so those are almost always speed nukers (with the odd "free" win team mixed in now and then). On the other end of the scale, the largest I can remember was 160-170k, but I know that wasn't the biggest. 100-120k is probably the norm for non-speed teams.

Apr 30, 2021, 23:1004/30/21
Apr 30, 2021, 23:21(edited)
04/21/21

Obviously your going to get complaints, when you can't do the basics right, 9 times out of 10 you go last, like seriously at least randomize it, so that you have a chance to go first. The whole system needs reworking.

Like seriously, in a battle, this one person had 5 goes, because it kept getting extra turns, so how am I supposed to do anything, like seriously, no wonder why this keeps getting complaints, I've counted forty fights in a row, I've gone second, like how hard is it just to set up a random system, so that you either go first or second.

Apr 30, 2021, 23:5904/30/21
05/13/19

Your not the only one OP.

i

The players who have attacked me have lost the fight.

- This indicates to me my team is doing very good.

The players who have attacked me have massive time stamp differences.

- This indicates to me my Defense Team is Scarying.

- Rival players would rather fight someone esle vs. fighting me.

This is the Arena Defense I am using.

i

This is my Resistance set up.

It's strange because it should be losing.

According to several Top Tier Platinum Arena players the Resistance Meta of Arena is dead.

It seems like the Platinum Arena players are wrong.

They clearly don't speak for the Gold 3 & Gold 4 Arena Players who are struggling.

It seems the secret to win against Resistance hasn't carried over to Gold 3 & Gold 4 Arena Players.

I used this set up from Low Gold 3 to High Gold 3

- I won all my Defense fights.

I used this set up for Low Gold 4 to Middle Gold 4

- I won the majority of my Defense fights with a few Losses mixed in.

It seems the Resistance Arena Meta is only dead for High Gold 4 to Platinum.

The reason the Resist Arena Meta struggles in higher tiers is due to Increase ACC Buffs + Players stacking debuffers with tons of ACC.

This goes to show while some Arena Strategies are not effective in High Level Arena.

Those Arena Strategies may be very effective in Lower Level Arena.

May 1, 2021, 05:3205/01/21
02/13/21

Reading threads like this always make me wonder how much player power people have, especially the ones that complain, and the impact it is having on their arena experiences.  Personally my player power was sitting at 1.2 million, but then I cleaned up a ton of rares that I was never going to use, as well as unequipped a bunch of champions that I wasn't using yet, and my power dropped back down to 800k.  Arena became much easier then

It is critical that you don't overextend your player power with unnecessary champions or artifacts equipped.  I think it would be interesting to see what the player power is for those that are complaining

May 1, 2021, 05:4005/01/21
06/25/20

I would argue that demonstrates one of the flaws of the arena ranking system. While player power does serve as a proxy for your overall effectiveness in all aspects of the game, it does a very poor job of determining how strong you are at arena. Arena requires you to craft very specific teams, with a different set of masteries/gear than you'd use elsewhere in the game. This is pretty evident from what you describe - selling items and feeding rares just to lower your player power so that you can perform more effectively in arena.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a better proxy, that I can think of. 

May 1, 2021, 08:4105/01/21
08/15/20

Using the player power is the most stupid thing I can think of. 

To build up the Great Hall and your arena level, which are optimising the whole other areas like campaign, dungeons, doom tower, Faction wars,  you have to actively ignore all those areas because building up teams for those areas will actually increase the difficulty of the arena.

You are forced to play PvP to be better in PvE...You have to ignore PvE to be better in PvP. 

Who did come up with the idea that equipment on champs that are standing in the vault will actually be a good measurement of the performance of your arena team did not at any time play the game by him- or herself. 

May 1, 2021, 09:5505/01/21
04/14/20
moiser20

Obviously your going to get complaints, when you can't do the basics right, 9 times out of 10 you go last, like seriously at least randomize it, so that you have a chance to go first. The whole system needs reworking.

Like seriously, in a battle, this one person had 5 goes, because it kept getting extra turns, so how am I supposed to do anything, like seriously, no wonder why this keeps getting complaints, I've counted forty fights in a row, I've gone second, like how hard is it just to set up a random system, so that you either go first or second.

This sounds like you aren't aware of probably the most important part of tactics in the entire game: the speed stat, which determines the order in which champions will go. And if your speed is sufficiently higher than that of the opponent, then yes, you could take several turns before he will take one. Or you could have your fast champions use abilities that will further boost their own team's speed and turn meter, or reduce that of the opponent. 

So if you're always going second, it means you are severely lacking speed on your team. Fix that, or you will never win anything in arena (and will also struggle more than you should in all other parts of the game). Start by making sure you have speed as main stat on the boots of all your key champions. 

May 1, 2021, 13:5705/01/21
03/08/21
moiser20

That is because your speed is way slower then from your oppenent and they probalby have a speed lead (aura) and a speed booster/turn meter manipulator

May 1, 2021, 14:3205/01/21
10/15/20
Tanreh

Using the player power is the most stupid thing I can think of. 

To build up the Great Hall and your arena level, which are optimising the whole other areas like campaign, dungeons, doom tower, Faction wars,  you have to actively ignore all those areas because building up teams for those areas will actually increase the difficulty of the arena.

You are forced to play PvP to be better in PvE...You have to ignore PvE to be better in PvP. 

Who did come up with the idea that equipment on champs that are standing in the vault will actually be a good measurement of the performance of your arena team did not at any time play the game by him- or herself. 

Personally i think matchmaking should purely be based on arena score, people should not be punished for developing champs

However if they absoloutely insist on fixing matchmaking then great hall development (medals spent) would be better as it reflects arena strength

As i said though, punishing people for team development is utterly, utterly stupid

May 1, 2021, 15:0605/01/21
10/15/20
trevor.wilson

Personally i think matchmaking should purely be based on arena score, people should not be punished for developing champs

However if they absoloutely insist on fixing matchmaking then great hall development (medals spent) would be better as it reflects arena strength

As i said though, punishing people for team development is utterly, utterly stupid

100% agree. Arena score is by far the best way for matchmaking, because it shows the strenght in arena.

Teampower does not. The way it's calculated is ridiculous, speed has nearly no influence, so teams with enormous speed, that go first and nuke you before you can act, will have a much lower player power than you. 

Account power does not tell anything about arena strength. It will increase with teams for faction wars, that don't have any influence on arena.

Account level does not tell anything about arena strength. It will increase just by doing daily quests, without any change to your arena team.

Please, remove all the bu***t parameters completely from the matchmaking algorithm. 

May 1, 2021, 15:1105/01/21
10/15/20
Skadi

100% agree. Arena score is by far the best way for matchmaking, because it shows the strenght in arena.

Teampower does not. The way it's calculated is ridiculous, speed has nearly no influence, so teams with enormous speed, that go first and nuke you before you can act, will have a much lower player power than you. 

Account power does not tell anything about arena strength. It will increase with teams for faction wars, that don't have any influence on arena.

Account level does not tell anything about arena strength. It will increase just by doing daily quests, without any change to your arena team.

Please, remove all the bu***t parameters completely from the matchmaking algorithm. 

Team power is calculated in a particularly daft way - i actively avoid teams under 100k power because i just know they are going to be 300+ speed

May 1, 2021, 15:3005/01/21
01/19/21

Unfortunately, the current matchmaking exists for a reason, and I suspect it is to hide the symptoms of a disease they are not willing to treat. Doing so would mean they would have to give up on the idea of what they think the arena should be. You cannot have a fair competition when success is largely based on factors you have no influence over. Asking a new player to compete directly with accounts that are 2+ years old is not going to work, especially when part of the advantage is based on being successful at it so you can build up your great hall. For example, consider a scenario where you start in G4, use every single free token you get (39 per day) and win every match. Completing your great hall will still take 1.8 years. The amount of time required for it in a realistic scenario is staggering, and the money required to reduce that time to something reasonable is even more so. 

May 1, 2021, 16:1305/01/21
05/13/19

Since, my previous post, I have only been attacked 8 times in the last 20 hours.

i

The first post shows me with 2 wins + 2 losses

i

The second post shows me with 2 wins + 2 loses.

I have had 4 wins + 4 loses in the last 20 hours.

I have around 3.2k Arena Points.

The Low End of Gold 4 Arena is 2,900

The Middle of Gold 4 Arena is 3,450

The High End of Gold 4 Arena is 4,000

May 16, 2021, 08:5405/16/21
04/21/21

Seriously speed strat shouldn't play into it, it's beyond a joke, so if I don't have speed strat, then I have to wait like 8 turns before I can have a go, that's just one of the worst way to do this, I don't see any other games doing that, all other games DON'T do that and it's one of the WORST ways to do it, like seriously, I've never heard of anything so daft in my life.

May 16, 2021, 10:2005/16/21
04/14/20
moiser20

Seriously speed strat shouldn't play into it, it's beyond a joke, so if I don't have speed strat, then I have to wait like 8 turns before I can have a go, that's just one of the worst way to do this, I don't see any other games doing that, all other games DON'T do that and it's one of the WORST ways to do it, like seriously, I've never heard of anything so daft in my life.

Uh... okay. You're entitled to your opinion, but speed is very important in this game - it's important in many games of this type, but perhaps not to this extent. Most people would agree with you that it's TOO important in the arena, but it's very hard to see how they could change that without redesigning the entire game. 

In any case, they aren't going to change it, so you have three options: you can adapt your approach accordingly, you can stubbornly continue to ignore speed and continue to get your ass kicked, or you can quit the game if you don't feel like doing either. 

May 16, 2021, 11:2305/16/21
08/09/20
moiser20

Name a game where speed isn't one of the major factors?

It's like complaining that Apex takes eye/hand coordination. It's ridiculous.

Hell Hades said it best in a stream about a week ago, if you don't want to grind, this isn't the game for you.

Get faster. If you don't want to put in the effort to get faster, this isn't the game for you. 

Nobody who is serious about this game wants it to be randomized so that all the work they put into improving is thrown out the window.

What's daft is the idea that you should be given victories because you don't like losing.