All Categories

Arena is broken for ages, when is the fix?

Search
Mar 19, 2021, 09:0603/19/21
03/23/18

Hi Plarium, bronze and silver arena is broken. When are you going to fix this for new players? Whole community is frustrated. You waste time creating new factions and champions but soon there will be no one left to play with them. Fix the broken fundamentals in classic arena. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Mar 19, 2021, 10:1303/19/21
08/22/20

i agree

Mar 19, 2021, 14:3703/19/21
10/15/20

Agreed.

Nov 21, 2021, 21:0011/21/21
Nov 21, 2021, 21:00(edited)
06/14/19

Both arenas are still broken and arguably even worse now. More than 6 months since this post and no response from Plarium.... and this is common to almost every post asking for something to be fixed or rebalanced.

That lack of response is in fact a response itself. They just don't give a damn about listening to the players.

Mods lock threads before even responding to the legit issues we bring up. How do they think that will help the situation and make us feel?

Everything that Plarium changes or creates goes against what the players ask for. The future dupe system, the arena matchmaking, faction wars, and doom tower all miss the mark when it comes to fun and fair content in my opinion....

Nov 21, 2021, 22:3311/21/21
11/16/20
Bosley

Both arenas are still broken and arguably even worse now. More than 6 months since this post and no response from Plarium.... and this is common to almost every post asking for something to be fixed or rebalanced.

That lack of response is in fact a response itself. They just don't give a damn about listening to the players.

Mods lock threads before even responding to the legit issues we bring up. How do they think that will help the situation and make us feel?

Everything that Plarium changes or creates goes against what the players ask for. The future dupe system, the arena matchmaking, faction wars, and doom tower all miss the mark when it comes to fun and fair content in my opinion....

Why are you necro a 6 months old post, maybe make a new one and explain what the problem is that you are having and people can point you in the right direction.

Plarium responded to this issue, they flooded arena with bots.....I mean new added segments!

And everyone lived happily ever after with full maxed great halls and a hegemon in every shard. 

Nov 21, 2021, 23:2511/21/21
10/15/20
Bosley

They made arena dramatically easier ?

Can you screenshot some broken silver and bronze matches perhaps to show the current issues you are having?

Nov 21, 2021, 23:2611/21/21
Nov 21, 2021, 23:33(edited)
05/03/21

They add bots to motivate you to spend money.  100% certainty that the teams you face are bot accounts made by the company. proof: defense isn't attacked as often as offense, set a weak character to defense and getting attacked is only double.   So most sheets are filled with bots.

I was a new player when they did the easy bot wave, so was gold four with a weak defense, and wasn't attacked often.  People are attacking the bots, not players...and this company will change it so bots attack players more often so it is equal.

Nov 22, 2021, 00:0311/22/21
11/16/20
trevor.wilson

They made arena dramatically easier ?

Can you screenshot some broken silver and bronze matches perhaps to show the current issues you are having?

I've been asking for some screenshots as well but none ever get delivered. I almost want to tank into silver to see for myself. I don't really want to waste a week or two to drop that far though.

Nov 22, 2021, 00:0711/22/21
11/16/20
Peacefull

They add bots to motivate you to spend money.  100% certainty that the teams you face are bot accounts made by the company. proof: defense isn't attacked as often as offense, set a weak character to defense and getting attacked is only double.   So most sheets are filled with bots.

I was a new player when they did the easy bot wave, so was gold four with a weak defense, and wasn't attacked often.  People are attacking the bots, not players...and this company will change it so bots attack players more often so it is equal.

i

I just attacked a player. Your argument is null and d void.

Nov 22, 2021, 00:0811/22/21
Nov 22, 2021, 00:10(edited)
01/04/20
Peacefull

They aren't bot accounts. I took the time last time the "bots" were rolled back out (arena algorithm was changed)  to search every english name that I came across and most of them were individuals in the RSL discord. I somehow don't think Plarium is going to take the time to create fake accounts with posting history just to hide bots. 

Players also said they had to be bots because they were so weak and in Gold 4, so I took my 98k power f2p account, who didn't even have a def down yet, and fed on the "bots" all the way to gold 4. Which is what all of the other weak accounts were doing, feeding on each other to climb. This flooded the upper ranks with them, the community managers said it would only be temporary as the weak accounts would be beaten back down to lower ranks. This has now happened for the most part, there are far less of these teams available which wouldn't be the case if Plarium wanted them to exist in the first place. 

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 22, 2021, 00:2711/22/21
02/24/19
Harbby

They aren't bot accounts. I took the time last time the "bots" were rolled back out (arena algorithm was changed)  to search every english name that I came across and most of them were individuals in the RSL discord. I somehow don't think Plarium is going to take the time to create fake accounts with posting history just to hide bots. 

Players also said they had to be bots because they were so weak and in Gold 4, so I took my 98k power f2p account, who didn't even have a def down yet, and fed on the "bots" all the way to gold 4. Which is what all of the other weak accounts were doing, feeding on each other to climb. This flooded the upper ranks with them, the community managers said it would only be temporary as the weak accounts would be beaten back down to lower ranks. This has now happened for the most part, there are far less of these teams available which wouldn't be the case if Plarium wanted them to exist in the first place. 

Well said. Thanks for putting the time in to test this, cause it sure is more time than I would have spent. 

Arena is getting tougher again yes, but they did say from the beginning that this would slowly happen as the new algorithm adjusted.

Nov 22, 2021, 01:5411/22/21
11/16/20
harleQuinn

Well said. Thanks for putting the time in to test this, cause it sure is more time than I would have spent. 

Arena is getting tougher again yes, but they did say from the beginning that this would slowly happen as the new algorithm adjusted.

I do remember being very disappointed when reading that the new added segments would end up getting pushed down to ranks where they belong, brining up the difficulty of arena with their absence in higher tiers. I rather enjoy(ed) not paying much attention and just doing fast auto battles.

I'm genuinely curious though with what is going on in s3-g1 tiers. I have clan mates with 280-305 speed leads that still maintain g4 no problem, and that seems fine to me.

Most of these necros and arena threads seem to have come up only this weekend and I have seen no change in a few weeks. Gold seems to be mostly what I would expect, I still see random easy win teams that I would think belong in much lower tiers, and even still the occasional "bot" page.

Each post/thread fails to bring any evidence in the form of screenshots or even fully coherent arguments as to why the arena is broken. I feel it falls more on the side of a lack of game knowledge and a failure of advancing ones account properly even over long periods of play.

As always I can and could be completely wrong, and if arena turns back to where we were six months ago I wouldn't blame people for being angry. I don't think that is what is going on though.

Nov 22, 2021, 10:0211/22/21
04/02/19
evilized6666

I do remember being very disappointed when reading that the new added segments would end up getting pushed down to ranks where they belong, brining up the difficulty of arena with their absence in higher tiers. I rather enjoy(ed) not paying much attention and just doing fast auto battles.

I'm genuinely curious though with what is going on in s3-g1 tiers. I have clan mates with 280-305 speed leads that still maintain g4 no problem, and that seems fine to me.

Most of these necros and arena threads seem to have come up only this weekend and I have seen no change in a few weeks. Gold seems to be mostly what I would expect, I still see random easy win teams that I would think belong in much lower tiers, and even still the occasional "bot" page.

Each post/thread fails to bring any evidence in the form of screenshots or even fully coherent arguments as to why the arena is broken. I feel it falls more on the side of a lack of game knowledge and a failure of advancing ones account properly even over long periods of play.

As always I can and could be completely wrong, and if arena turns back to where we were six months ago I wouldn't blame people for being angry. I don't think that is what is going on though.

Why do they have an algorithm?  Whats wrong with just picking ten random opponents, with no 'matchmaking' from the tier you are in?

Nov 22, 2021, 11:2311/22/21
10/15/20

To be fair, i still stay in g4 fine, but i have noticed i have to do more work on reset day to get a bit of a buffer zone. So it may be getting back to a bit harder.

Nov 22, 2021, 16:3311/22/21
Dec 3, 2021, 14:21(edited)
07/21/20

I think  arena is on a wrong way. I have to fight very often against arbiter (as an example)  I have none. My champs are not bad ones but against Arbiter or Lydia or against some other Champs they have NO chance.

I have an idea! Why not pair teams without the high end champs in the arena? Only pair teams without Arbiter or Lydia pa would be a step on the right way. 

Many will laugh about my idea but for some it may be a good idea. It would be fair! But it wouldn't bring much money for Plarium!

Nov 22, 2021, 18:2511/22/21
Nov 23, 2021, 03:08(edited)
03/10/18

Does everyone  agree?  The arena is just a place to take a poopies? I would not care but I need the arena to raise Great Hall. I wouldn't care about Great Hall if achieving lvl 10 weren't required in missions.  I made it to 9 before the arena became a toilet. I used to play in Gold 4..now I can't even win in Silver 3

Edited by moderator - Harbs

Replaced swear

Nov 22, 2021, 18:2711/22/21
03/10/18

Why don't  I find adversaries on my general level?  Why is every team far above me?