All Categories

ARENA Bronze 2? How am I able to get to even a bit higher?

Search
Feb 19, 2021, 23:2702/19/21
01/21/21

i

Hey there, so lately this was my whole arena player suggestions, like I dont even have one legendary, just a few epics and thats it, and I am like a 44 lvl, how am I supposed to compete with the insane teams that are definitely higher than Bronze II? WTF

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 20, 2021, 00:1402/20/21
06/25/20

There's a few other threads here asking the same question

TLDR: either build a pure speed nuke team, or build a team to counter that type of team. Then just fight the targets you can beat.

Feb 20, 2021, 01:1902/20/21
02/03/19
kramaswamy.kr

There's a few other threads here asking the same question

TLDR: either build a pure speed nuke team, or build a team to counter that type of team. Then just fight the targets you can beat.

LOL, Build a speed nuke team???  What good is ANY team when team when you go into a match and stand and watch while the oponents buff up with multiple buffs, THEN start to attack, resulting in my entre team being wiped out before I can fire a shot.  And YES this happens with teams with a much LOWER team power than I have up.

I do not think it is fair to expect players to spend mountains of gems refreshing arena just to earn one or two bronze shields.  I had the progress task of "Achieve Silver in Arena", and had to use well over a thousand gems refreshing just to get to Silver 1.  NOW I am supposed to earn 30 Silver medallions.  ROTFLMAO at that possibility.

Feb 20, 2021, 01:4502/20/21
06/25/20

I don't really know what you're expecting to get as an answer. If you're building a speed nuke team, then don't fight other speed nuke teams unless you know you're faster than they are.

The cookie-cutter speed team is Khatun, Warmaiden, Spirithost, Kael. Full speed gear on the first three, and a mix of speed and damage gear on Kael. You'll win against teams that don't have a speed lead for the most part.

If you want to go the alternative route, then build a DEF team with some resist. Unfortunately that's harder to set up, since there aren't easily farmable champs.

Feb 20, 2021, 04:0602/20/21
02/03/19
kramaswamy.kr

I don't really know what you're expecting to get as an answer. If you're building a speed nuke team, then don't fight other speed nuke teams unless you know you're faster than they are.

The cookie-cutter speed team is Khatun, Warmaiden, Spirithost, Kael. Full speed gear on the first three, and a mix of speed and damage gear on Kael. You'll win against teams that don't have a speed lead for the most part.

If you want to go the alternative route, then build a DEF team with some resist. Unfortunately that's harder to set up, since there aren't easily farmable champs.

As I do NOT have a Kael, I am at a bit of a loss.  I have Elhain but she is no match for all the teams with Kael.  I try to place champs on my team that will have the correct affinities for use against the opposing team, but if they have a strong nuke in an opposing affinity I am wiped before I start.  BTW How can you tell how fast another team is??   I have not found any way to check out how an opposing team may be set up for armore and enhancements.

Feb 20, 2021, 11:1602/20/21
04/14/20
Bassagitator

As I do NOT have a Kael, I am at a bit of a loss.  I have Elhain but she is no match for all the teams with Kael.  I try to place champs on my team that will have the correct affinities for use against the opposing team, but if they have a strong nuke in an opposing affinity I am wiped before I start.  BTW How can you tell how fast another team is??   I have not found any way to check out how an opposing team may be set up for armore and enhancements.

Elhain works fine in Kael's role in the speed nuke team krama mentioned, that's not the problem. She's arguably even easier, because she has two AOE abilities rather than one and she doesn't need accuracy so she's more straightforward to gear than an early game Kael. Lacking speed on your team, or lacking accuracy on Warmaiden, are more likely to be the issue if it's not working out for you. 

And indeed, you can't tell how fast another team is, all you can do is make sure your own team is pretty fast so you'll win some, lose some against other speed nukes while also getting wins against non-speed teams. 

Feb 20, 2021, 12:4502/20/21
11/20/20

Find  my  team  and  kill  it  Lol.  my  defender  is always  1  level  1  champion  

Feb 20, 2021, 16:4502/20/21
10/15/20

Maybe you should increase the level of your champs. Your pic may show teams that you can't defeat right now - but none of them has 4 lvl 60 champs. Level up your team, get better gear, go back to the arena.

Feb 20, 2021, 20:2702/20/21
11/10/20

To  be  fair  this  a  definite  issue  in  raid,  both  classic  and  tag  team  suffer  from  this  issue.  An  update  should  be  made  whereby  inactive  players  arent  just  relegated  to  bronze  they  should  also  suffer  a  debuff  called  "TimeOut"  Whereby  if  you  have  been  inactive  for  1  month  then  you  get  a  TimeOut  debuff  on  the  whole  team  dereasing  Attack/Defense/Speed  by  50%.  That  will  solve  the  problem  of  op  teams  in  bronze,  force  inactive  players  to  login  and  give  lower  level  players  a  fighting  chance.  

Feb 20, 2021, 21:3902/20/21
04/14/20
tsdpool

To  be  fair  this  a  definite  issue  in  raid,  both  classic  and  tag  team  suffer  from  this  issue.  An  update  should  be  made  whereby  inactive  players  arent  just  relegated  to  bronze  they  should  also  suffer  a  debuff  called  "TimeOut"  Whereby  if  you  have  been  inactive  for  1  month  then  you  get  a  TimeOut  debuff  on  the  whole  team  dereasing  Attack/Defense/Speed  by  50%.  That  will  solve  the  problem  of  op  teams  in  bronze,  force  inactive  players  to  login  and  give  lower  level  players  a  fighting  chance.  

If you've been inactive for 1 month, you are taken out of arena altogether - that's been the case for at least a year if not from the very start, but people keep suggesting it as if it's new... 

If there is a problem with inactive high level accounts in bronze, it's people who fight so few arena battles that they are automatically relegated into a lower tier each week (you need at least 20 battles per week to not get the automatic relegation), but who do fight at least some every month, so they aren't removed from arena altogether. If somebody just quits playing altogether, they would drop down 1 tier each week but get removed after a month, so if they started in gold they would never make it back to bronze (assuming that they left a strong defense, so they don't drop too much from attacks in addition to the automatic relegations). 

Feb 20, 2021, 23:3602/20/21
01/27/21
Skadi

Maybe you should increase the level of your champs. Your pic may show teams that you can't defeat right now - but none of them has 4 lvl 60 champs. Level up your team, get better gear, go back to the arena.

That's not the main issue.  If us newer players just wanted to advance in the arena and were complaining because our teams weren't strong enough, I'd agree with you.  The problem is that the missions are gated behind advancing in the arena but the difficulty of the teams we face low in the arena far outpaces the difficulty that teams used to be at that level.  I skipped through a few of the FTP series on youtube to see what the youtubers were doing and anything from last fall was infinitely easier than the teams that I am currently seeing.  The missions which are around the same "account progress" as the Reach Silver 1 mission are ludicrously easier.  

The image posted by JKenny are teams someone would have to get through for the Reach Silver missions.  Some of the missions at the same progression point are: Clear Stage 5 or higher of the Minotaur's lair 10 times on auto, Unlock 3 tier 2 masters for 2 champions, get 2 rank 5 champions, clear catacombs of Narbuk on HARD.  Those are way easier to do than beating the teams that JKenny posted.  I don't care that I cannot advance in the arena yet because I am new and do expect that it'll take time.  I do care that they think getting to Silver 1 is of a comparable point in an account as beating teams like that.  4 months ago that might have been true but it isn't true anymore.  I wouldn't expect to actually be able to compete in the arena for months/years.  I would expect the missions to vaguely represent the reality of the game today.  Unfortunately they do not.

Feb 21, 2021, 00:1902/21/21
11/10/20
L9753

If you've been inactive for 1 month, you are taken out of arena altogether - that's been the case for at least a year if not from the very start, but people keep suggesting it as if it's new... 

If there is a problem with inactive high level accounts in bronze, it's people who fight so few arena battles that they are automatically relegated into a lower tier each week (you need at least 20 battles per week to not get the automatic relegation), but who do fight at least some every month, so they aren't removed from arena altogether. If somebody just quits playing altogether, they would drop down 1 tier each week but get removed after a month, so if they started in gold they would never make it back to bronze (assuming that they left a strong defense, so they don't drop too much from attacks in addition to the automatic relegations). 

Ok,  but  the  fact  is  that  my  solution  solves  the  issues  with  arena,  a  TimeOut  debuff  would  negate  the  need  to  remove  any  team,  just  decrease  the  stats  on  a  sliding  window. 

2  days  inactive  -  2%  stat  decrease

3  days  3%

and  so  on.  You  to  fight  at  least  5  arena  battles  or  perhaps  complete  a  set  of  dailes  to  remove  the  debuff.  Problem  solved.

Feb 21, 2021, 11:0602/21/21
10/15/20
Quintinar

That's not the main issue.  If us newer players just wanted to advance in the arena and were complaining because our teams weren't strong enough, I'd agree with you.  The problem is that the missions are gated behind advancing in the arena but the difficulty of the teams we face low in the arena far outpaces the difficulty that teams used to be at that level.  I skipped through a few of the FTP series on youtube to see what the youtubers were doing and anything from last fall was infinitely easier than the teams that I am currently seeing.  The missions which are around the same "account progress" as the Reach Silver 1 mission are ludicrously easier.  

The image posted by JKenny are teams someone would have to get through for the Reach Silver missions.  Some of the missions at the same progression point are: Clear Stage 5 or higher of the Minotaur's lair 10 times on auto, Unlock 3 tier 2 masters for 2 champions, get 2 rank 5 champions, clear catacombs of Narbuk on HARD.  Those are way easier to do than beating the teams that JKenny posted.  I don't care that I cannot advance in the arena yet because I am new and do expect that it'll take time.  I do care that they think getting to Silver 1 is of a comparable point in an account as beating teams like that.  4 months ago that might have been true but it isn't true anymore.  I wouldn't expect to actually be able to compete in the arena for months/years.  I would expect the missions to vaguely represent the reality of the game today.  Unfortunately they do not.

You are right in that point. The progress missions are not well tuned, the arena silver mission is much to early in the game and will stop the progress in this mission cycle for a while.

But there are so many other things to do in the game, so many missions ands tasks to fulfill. Get more stars in the campaign, get further in dungeons and earn better gear, bring champs to lvl 60.

So, even if you're stuck for some weeks in your arena progress, just go on playing. It seems to me, some players don't know that the game is about long term achievements. There are daily loginrewards until day 270. You are not supposoed to be in gold arena in your first week of the game.

Feb 21, 2021, 17:0102/21/21
04/18/20

Its  a  block  so  unless  you  have  legendary  maxed  tier  you  wont  get  access  to  the  best  parts  of  game .

Feb 21, 2021, 18:0602/21/21
04/14/20
Wild amazonian

Its  a  block  so  unless  you  have  legendary  maxed  tier  you  wont  get  access  to  the  best  parts  of  game .

It has nothing to do with having legendaries, but it does have to do with having good gear and the right combination of champs - which can be rares, epics or legendaries. Some rares are better than many legendaries, or at least better for arena or for some other specific aspects of the game. 

Feb 21, 2021, 20:5002/21/21
01/27/21
Skadi

You are right in that point. The progress missions are not well tuned, the arena silver mission is much to early in the game and will stop the progress in this mission cycle for a while.

But there are so many other things to do in the game, so many missions ands tasks to fulfill. Get more stars in the campaign, get further in dungeons and earn better gear, bring champs to lvl 60.

So, even if you're stuck for some weeks in your arena progress, just go on playing. It seems to me, some players don't know that the game is about long term achievements. There are daily loginrewards until day 270. You are not supposoed to be in gold arena in your first week of the game.

I am going on.  That's what I've been doing ever since I hit the Silver arena wall.  The issue is that it was obviously not supposed to be that way.  Months ago it wasn't that way and then it looks like it started back up again.  Their ranking system in the arena should be fixed OR they should retune the missions.  The super frustrating part has nothing to do with not being able to advance in the arena and everything to do with knowing that a lot of the missions are not retroactive so I'll have to do them again as opposed to just being able to do them now.  It is poorly designed.  They obvoiusly thought the arena would be different than it currently is.  Silver was designed to be relatively easy to get to.  They messed up and they have 2 separate ways of fixing it.

Feb 23, 2021, 15:0902/23/21
01/21/21
kramaswamy.kr

Thanks for the suggestion! I am relatively a new player (1 month) and I still dont know any real team comps.. Probably because from the start i just focused to have less good heroes than a lot of random ones, so I ended up playing with my 4 best heroes insted of any real team comp, but because I have all of the champs above you mentioned, definitely will try it, Thanks!

Feb 23, 2021, 15:1202/23/21
01/21/21
Skadi

I have 4 almost maxed 50lvl, but they are not a real comp, just my 4 best heroes.

Feb 23, 2021, 15:1702/23/21
01/21/21
kramaswamy.kr

I dont have really anyone to help me with team comps so atm I am using lvl 50 Athel (23k HP, 1,6k defense, 1,6k attack,), lvl 50 Kael (17k HP, 1,7k attack, 1,2k defense), lvl 50 Valla (22k HP, 900 attack, 2,1 defense) and lvl 50 Tayrel (21k HP, 1k attack, 1,7k defense), all of them have 5-6 masteries and all artifacts with 12-16 lvl

Feb 23, 2021, 15:3602/23/21
04/14/20
JKenny

I dont have really anyone to help me with team comps so atm I am using lvl 50 Athel (23k HP, 1,6k defense, 1,6k attack,), lvl 50 Kael (17k HP, 1,7k attack, 1,2k defense), lvl 50 Valla (22k HP, 900 attack, 2,1 defense) and lvl 50 Tayrel (21k HP, 1k attack, 1,7k defense), all of them have 5-6 masteries and all artifacts with 12-16 lvl

You're making the classic mistake of being afraid of level 60, when in fact you have to get there asap. You should never have had 4 level 50s before you even had 1 level 60. 

Now the question is who do you take to 60 first, Kael or Tayrel... but either way should work really, then do the other one next. Athel and Valla can stay at 50, you're going to want to work on other champions next (Valla is meh, Athel would be a decent level 60 if she was your starter and you didn't have Kael, but she overlaps enough with Kael that you don't need to level both). 

Also, never mind Warmaiden in the above post, use Tayrel instead who's way better. 

Feb 23, 2021, 19:5902/23/21
Feb 23, 2021, 19:59(edited)
01/21/21
L9753

You're making the classic mistake of being afraid of level 60, when in fact you have to get there asap. You should never have had 4 level 50s before you even had 1 level 60. 

Now the question is who do you take to 60 first, Kael or Tayrel... but either way should work really, then do the other one next. Athel and Valla can stay at 50, you're going to want to work on other champions next (Valla is meh, Athel would be a decent level 60 if she was your starter and you didn't have Kael, but she overlaps enough with Kael that you don't need to level both). 

Also, never mind Warmaiden in the above post, use Tayrel instead who's way better. 

Okay also great advice. My starter was Athel but i got Kael from mystery when Athel was 40lvl already, but maxed both to 50 since there is so much hype around Kael, im already working on 60ing someone, already have 4/5 food champs on 5 star lvl1, working on 5th one. But not sure if Tayrel or Kael, any suggestions? since i have spirit host also on lvl 50 and Kathun or whatever the name is on lvl 36