All Categories

Did you see Stew Gamings rant about Scarab King

Search
Feb 18, 2021, 17:2502/18/21
07/17/20

I totally agree him. It is doable but the pool of champions and strategies are way too narrow. You need super high speed, accuracy, resistance, big shields 100% of time and you need to destroy bosses health before you can do anyhting. Or you can cheese the boss with turnmeter with two or three armigers and small shield like miscreated monster. Or solo cheese with Vergis.  If this is what you intented fine but it is stupid way to clear anything. Other than that i really like doom tower. It's challenging and i have found many new teams, champions and ways for clearing floors and dungeons. Trying to get trough doom tower has pushed my account up so much. 

Except scarab. Cheese is the only way. Are you serious?  Id like to see you beat scarab without cheesing it.

Yes i Know doom tower is endgame content, but it should be less whaling and more playing dont you think. Unless you have 2 coldhearts and septimus no one has the time to farm forge material if every run takes 5-25 minutes to complete.

No need for nerf. It'is what it is but please show me a video where you beat scarab in reasonable time without cheesing him. Oh and about scrapper. A1 attack overrides the useful shield from a2 making it totally useless for scarab, you should consider fixing this unless it's working like intented then shame on you :D :D Thank you and i'll get back to the grind after my rant 

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 18, 2021, 18:0402/18/21
Feb 18, 2021, 20:51(edited)
06/25/20

Agreed. Scarab King is just poor design.

My personal team is Alure, Armiger with Destroy gear, Nethril, Metalshaper, Rhazin. IE, three TM champs and one constant shield champ.

It works, but it's just such a chore. Can't put it on auto because of the randomness of Alure's TM due to wrong affin. Since my team has very little damage, it just takes forever - 20-30 minutes to complete, and not an enjoyble 20-30 minutes either.

I don't know what an appropriate fix would be. The general concept of the boss is okay, but the implementation is just terrible. Maybe limit the counter-attack to once per turn or something.

Feb 18, 2021, 18:1602/18/21
12/19/19

I vote that we don't complain about Scarab.... any change may only make it more difficult

Feb 18, 2021, 20:0702/18/21
08/18/20

Seems like creating challenges is the whole point of end game content. Scarab king is awesome! Please dont add a bunch of useless content that is easily done on auto! Have a great day!

Feb 18, 2021, 20:1702/18/21
08/18/20

Last month i got hung on the normal scarab king the first one so i built an armiger this month i cleared him made it to the higher scarab king im hung again so now i need a shield champ bye next month il have one ready to go and move forward again. Isnt that the point? Overcoming obstacles? A reason to build another champ? If i run out of hurdles the game is over. Well done raid! Give me more hurdles!

Feb 18, 2021, 20:5202/18/21
06/25/20

It's got nothing to do with hurdles. It's just a chore. It's not a fun fight in any way. The other three DT bosses also present challenges to overcome. Those ones were done right. Scarab was not.

Feb 18, 2021, 22:4802/18/21
06/22/19

You still watch Stew's videos? 😂 The one who says Scarab is easy and his next one is that it is needed to be nerf? 😂 It is clear that he is just feeding on what the community rants to attract views. And I know you like it. 

And about Scrapper's shield, the shield mechanic is always like that. No complains in my part. If they will change it, better change the way other champions that override other champion's bigger shield too. 

Feb 19, 2021, 09:1102/19/21
06/30/20

It's better if he only counter-attack those non-shield champs, not CA all like this. 

Feb 19, 2021, 09:3502/19/21
Feb 19, 2021, 09:38(edited)
07/17/20
JoinME

You still watch Stew's videos? 😂 The one who says Scarab is easy and his next one is that it is needed to be nerf? 😂 It is clear that he is just feeding on what the community rants to attract views. And I know you like it. 

And about Scrapper's shield, the shield mechanic is always like that. No complains in my part. If they will change it, better change the way other champions that override other champion's bigger shield too. 

Yes new shield overrides shield even if it had  bigger shields but when you have a champion that has two shields on his kit it makes it totally useless. If two champions fucks up each others shield then you switch champions but scrapper does it to himself witch makes no sense

And stew has weird sense of humor, almost every title is about someone being op and he shows them in insane gear with insane team around them and still being useless. 

Feb 19, 2021, 17:5202/19/21
01/15/20

I  hate  scarab    takes  me  34  minutes  to  complete