All Categories

Pack string

Pack string

Search
Jan 21, 2021, 15:3101/21/21
04/17/19

Pack string

What exactly is the reason why you're not showing the prices for the next packs in these? It's infuriating and a total turn off to buy something if I don't know what's coming next!

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 21, 2021, 15:3701/21/21
06/29/19

Hey

Thanks for the feedback, we've already shared it with CM's for them to discuss it with the devs.

Cheers

Jan 21, 2021, 20:5801/21/21
05/24/19

For information the next packs prices are : 

Bonus 2.99

Mar 29, 2021, 14:2903/29/21
12/06/20

This is 100% intentional.

Apr 26, 2021, 09:1404/26/21
04/24/21

How the hell am I supposed to buy something I don't know the price of? seriously wtf is this? This thread is a couple years old so it's obvious they arn't changing this. Where can I find the prices of current string packs? 

Apr 26, 2021, 09:2704/26/21
01/19/21

More like a couple of months than years, but no, they will probably not change it. It's specifically made that way so you don't get turned off by the much higher prices of the subsequent packs in the sequence. It's an example of the sunk cost phenomenon, where you're more likely to continue spending in smaller increments than you are if you had been presented with the full cost immediately, because you feel that after the initial investment you lose out by not continuing to invest "just a little more".

Apr 26, 2021, 10:1704/26/21
04/24/21
EGDNIT

More like a couple of months than years, but no, they will probably not change it. It's specifically made that way so you don't get turned off by the much higher prices of the subsequent packs in the sequence. It's an example of the sunk cost phenomenon, where you're more likely to continue spending in smaller increments than you are if you had been presented with the full cost immediately, because you feel that after the initial investment you lose out by not continuing to invest "just a little more".

Oh yeah. whoops. I was looking at the date under the profile.

And yeah. I understand the idea behind it, but are there really people stupid enough to blindly purchase the first pack in the string and follow through? I don't think people are really buying these unless they have so much money they literally don't care what the total cost will be.

If I could see the total cost, I might be interested in buying it, I have money, I'm somewhat of a wallet warrior, but I will never blindly commit to spending an unknown amount of money on something. So, I cannot buy the pack, even though I have the means, because simple common sense prevents me from doing so.

I can't even find the price on third party sites, I guess because the packs change so frequently.

It really doesn't make sense for something like this to exist.

Apr 26, 2021, 10:5104/26/21
10/15/20

Maybe Plarium should ask their legal department if it's actually allowed to sell something without giving the price in all countries where they sell their stuff. In Germany it's not (§1 Abs. 1) and probably the other countries of the EU have similar laws to that question.

Apr 26, 2021, 10:5604/26/21
01/19/21
silverscythe64

And yeah. I understand the idea behind it, but are there really people stupid enough to blindly purchase the first pack in the string and follow through? I don't think people are really buying these unless they have so much money they literally don't care what the total cost will be.

If I could see the total cost, I might be interested in buying it, I have money, I'm somewhat of a wallet warrior, but I will never blindly commit to spending an unknown amount of money on something. So, I cannot buy the pack, even though I have the means, because simple common sense prevents me from doing so.

I can't even find the price on third party sites, I guess because the packs change so frequently.

A lot of things wouldn't exist if people didn't fall for it. It's not necessarily about stupidity so much as not actively guarding yourself against it. We're all vulnerable to psychological manipulation, and you should never underestimate the effect your subconscious mind has on your mental state. Even knowing that it's a trap won't stop you from feeling that tug to buy it, it'll just help you resist it. It helps to have specific limitations, e.g. you decide ahead of time that you will not spend more than a certain amount. Also useful for gambling in general.

Apr 26, 2021, 11:0004/26/21
01/19/21
Skadi

Maybe Plarium should ask their legal department if it's actually allowed to sell something without giving the price in all countries where they sell their stuff. In Germany it's not (§1 Abs. 1) and probably the other countries of the EU have similar laws to that question.

I'm pretty sure those laws only apply to hiding the price at the point of purchase. As long as they give you the price for each step as you get access to it, they are probably in the clear, much like how you can buy a video game without being told the price of every future DLC for it until they are released.

Apr 26, 2021, 11:0804/26/21
10/15/20
silverscythe64

Some whales are wealthy, others are not, and may get themselves into financial difficulty 

Yes its a psychological thing - there is software specifically designed to try and maximize how much each individual spends by monitoring their behaviour and making offers for IAP to train them to spend more based on the users tracked previous actions. There is also software which will also try to predict which customers are about to churn and make better offers to try and engage them.

Apr 26, 2021, 11:2904/26/21
10/15/20
EGDNIT

I'm pretty sure those laws only apply to hiding the price at the point of purchase. As long as they give you the price for each step as you get access to it, they are probably in the clear, much like how you can buy a video game without being told the price of every future DLC for it until they are released.

The situation is clearly different from a future DLC. It's more like an DLC actually existing, but you can't see the price before installing the main game. And no, those laws do not apply only to hide the price at the point of purchase. The reason why this laws exist is to make price comparison possible, hiding prices doesn't fit to that at all.

I just looked in the shop and coulnd't find the pack string offer anymore. Wich makes me think it indeed was against the law and removed because of that.

Sep 15, 2022, 18:4809/15/22
09/11/22
Rufus Shinra

For information the next packs prices are : 

Bonus 2.99

Almost bought this thx

Sep 15, 2022, 18:5209/15/22
09/11/22

Since this is a limited special offer,  if I purchase the first tier-do I have extended time to purchase the next stages?

Sep 15, 2022, 19:0409/15/22
06/20/19
Hatlay

Since this is a limited special offer,  if I purchase the first tier-do I have extended time to purchase the next stages?

ATM you have 15 hours to make all the purchases.  In my experience the final deal is always the bait.  Once you go down the path you have to make all purchases just to make all the purchases average out to an average deal.

harleQuinnModerator
Sep 16, 2022, 06:2909/16/22
02/24/19
Hatlay

Almost bought this thx

These prices are from a pack about a year and a half ago.

Best to check out some of the Raid CCs.... a few of them purchase current packs regularly and such. :)