All Categories

What to do after first 6 star?

Search
Jan 10, 2021, 07:0801/10/21
12/20/20

Hi, started playing this game a few weeks ago.  Just 6 starred my first champion, now I don't know who to work on.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

i

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 10, 2021, 08:5201/10/21
Jan 10, 2021, 08:55(edited)
10/13/16

Ouch, that's a tough call.

Strange as it may sound, Armiger is very useful later on and worthy of 6 stars, but probably wont be hugely useful to you at this stage of the game.

I'd say get him to 5 stars for now, and hope you get someone better in the meantime. Same for Tallia. Save up ancient shards for the moment and wait for a 2x summon event. With any luck you will get a decent epic at least.

Some people may insist that some of those rare champs are useful for faction wars, but since you probably arent working on getting maximum stars in every stage at this present time, I would suggest ignoring any such advice. Out of all the rares I can see, Dagger is probably the only one I would even remotely consider.

If you haven't got any epics or legendaries by the time you have Armiger and Tallia at 50, then maybe come back and post an updated roster, and ask the same question again?

Alternatively, you could just collect/upgrade champs so that you are ready to 6 star someone - and then once you have a nice champ turn up, you can upgrade them almost instantly. If you play frequently, you will soon reach a point where you are obtaining decent champs quicker than you can 6star them.

Jan 10, 2021, 23:4501/10/21
Jan 10, 2021, 23:46(edited)
12/20/20

Ah, ok, guess i'll 50 armiger and talliia and just farm food for now then.  Thanks very much for the informative post!

Jan 11, 2021, 01:4301/11/21
05/13/19

I disagree with Boo.

I think Armiger & Tallia shouldn't be your next 50.

I think Dagger is a over hyped rare which isn't really good.

Let's address the Elephant in the room.

Elhain is your only level 60 hero.

Elhain only function in life is to be a Damage Dealer.

However, Elhain isn't the Best Damage Dealer on your account.

The strongest most deadly Damage Dealer on your account is Tallia.

Tallia can destroy monsters, BUT THE ISSUE IS YOUR TEAM ISN'T BUILT!

Compare your Roster to a Football Team.

Every person on the Football Team has a Specific Job to do.

Elhain is the Quarter Back.

Tallia is the better Quarter Back.

However, you shouldn't be focusing on Tallia right now.

You are still missing the Wild Recievers, the Center, the Guards, the Tackles.

The rest of your line up is still not built.

What you need to do is build up the rest of your team.

Than you begin to replace your team with better options down the road.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you build a Campaign Farmer who can Solo Brutal Campaign.

You should work on your Clan Boss team.

You need the following things for the Clan Boss:

Critical Skills for Clan Boss

1. Decrease Attack

2. Decrease Defense

3. Weaken

4. Poison / HP Burn

5. Team Turn Meter Filling / Team Counter Attack

Bonus Skills for Clan Boss

6. Healer

7. Shielder

8. Debuff Extender

9. Increase Defense

10. Cleanse / Block Debuffs

11. Ally Protection

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at the following heroes you own.

I am seeing some all star champion's in your line up.

- Bogwalker - Does Decrease Attack

- Warmaiden - Does Decrease Defense

- Bulwark - Does Weaken & HP Burn

- Outlaw Monk - Does Poison

- Channeler - Does Turn Meter Filling

These 5 Champions could be your Clan Boss team.

They have optional!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After you build a Clan Boss team.

You should work on your Dragon team.

You need the following things for the Dragon:

Critical Skills for Dragon:

1. AOE Stuns / Freeze / Provoke / True Fears / Turn Meter Reduction

2. AOE Damage Dealer

3. Revive

4. Block Debuffs / Remove Debuffs on Allies

5. Poison

Bonus Skills for Dragon:

6. Turn Meter Filling

7. Decrease Defense

8. Decrease Attack

9. Heals

10. Shields

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking at the following heroes you own.

I am seeing a deadly Dragon team. 

- Bellower - People use him in a Stun set for Crowd Control + Decrease Defense

- Elhain - Is an AOE Damage Dealer

- Shaman - is a Revive Champion

- Hakkorn Smashlord - Is a Beast (Block Debuffs + Remove Debuffs + Healing + Dungeon Aura)

These 5 Champions could be your Dragon team.

FOR THE RECORD, I'M NOT TRYING TO OVERWHELM YOU WITH INFORMATION.

I just wanted to show you there are a lot of things you could be working on.

You have a lot of champion's which can be 5 star.

You have a lot of champions which can be 6 star.

Hakkorn Smashlord is a very good Legendary.

Hakkorn Smashlord is worthy of a 6 star.

You have a lot of other champinos who are worth of a 5 star.

Jan 11, 2021, 06:4801/11/21
10/13/16

Hahaha, you and I do have a tendancy to disagree Player J! 😀

First up - I'd like to say that I agree it's a great idea to start thinking about building a nice clan boss team - you get nice daily loots to help grow your account.

Maybe half the issue is, that I take a long term view to these things.

There's nothing wrong with the advice you've offered. The champs you listed do indeed carry out the functions you've stated. They have utility.

But c'mon.... out of the champs you listed, there are so many better options later down the line. Granted, he doesn't have some truly great ones yet... but lets look at these guys:

- Bogwalker - Does Decrease Attack

- Warmaiden - Does Decrease Defense

- Bulwark - Does Weaken & HP Burn

- Channeler - Does Turn Meter Filling 

Does anyone out there genuinely use the above guys for like Nightmare or UNM clanboss? I'd be sick if I put time and resources into ranking these to 6 stars, and then got someone like Martyr or Nethril, and had to start from scratch ranking them up and basically put one of those rares permanently in the vault.

Thats just my 2 cents. 

Again, nothing wrong with the advice as stated by Player J - it's actually very helpful in many ways. I guess it depends if you want to rush into action and can't wait around a bit, or would rather save up your resources for someone with more long-term usability.

My view is simply to wait for someone more worthwhile - I guess it depends on each individual persons playstyle.

Also, Tallia is good, and probably worthy of 6 stars. However, I'm not a fan personally... I'm not keen on that move that just puts counter-attack on herself and weaken on the enemies. I just don't like it. Feels like a wasted turn, but thats just me. Again, I probably feel like I have better options. Id rather have someone put counterattack on my whole team. Or put out weaken AND some damage or something.

I did look at Hakkorn. I don't own one so cant comment on his performance from experience. He does sound sort of good - but another one with a sketchy sounding skill... I think it was self-damage or something. Probably need very optimal build/gear to be super-useful. Just my opinion.

I dont agree that those 5 rares should be your dragon team, just because those are the best options you have at the moment. I'd say hold out for something better. The game can be a bit stingy with epics/legendaries in maybe the first month or so (unless you are happy to spend), but they come soon enough, just takes patience.

No offence to you Player J - it's generally good advice, particularly for Clan Boss team setup/strategy - I just don't think those champs are worth the effort for Clan Boss unless you are super impatient. But yes, they have some utility.

Getting a champ to level 60 does take time and resources - My view is spend them wisely. The game is a marathon, not a sprint.

Jan 11, 2021, 08:3901/11/21
Jan 11, 2021, 08:57(edited)
12/20/20

Wow, thanks for the in depth reply Player J and also for the follow up Boo.   Considering it took nearly a month to 6 star one champion, it seems best if I don't rush into it and focus on clan boss and dragon like Player J said.  

Also, why does dragon need aoe?  Isn't aoe only useful for spider?

Edit:  Is bogwalker and any of the other rares worth booking?  I have elhain and warmaiden fully booked so far.

Jan 11, 2021, 09:1501/11/21
04/14/20

To add yet another opinion ;), I'm sort of inbetween Boo's and J's positions. You have a tanky legendary, so why not 6* him? Tallia to at least 5* makes sense as well, potentially 6*, Bellower could be 6*, but Armiger is too early to focus on now. Bulwark and Bogwalker do indeed have potential for CB especially, although I'm also unsure about taking them to 6*. 

Jan 11, 2021, 09:2001/11/21
04/14/20

Wow, thanks for the in depth reply Player J and also for the follow up Boo.   Considering it took nearly a month to 6 star one champion, it seems best if I don't rush into it and focus on clan boss and dragon like Player J said.  

Also, why does dragon need aoe?  Isn't aoe only useful for spider?

Edit:  Is bogwalker and any of the other rares worth booking?  I have elhain and warmaiden fully booked so far.

The dragon himself doesn't need AOE, but there are two waves before you get to him. Same for IG and FK - you can't choose your team based only on the boss. 

6 starring your second and following champions should go much faster, because your Elhain can now farm brutal 12.3 for XP and silver, carrying 3 food champions. If you can't smoothly and reliably do that yet, making sure that you can (regearing if necessary) is your first priority. 

Regarding rare books, I'd say only bellower is worth them now, and even with him you might consider waiting. If you pull an apothecary, frozen banshee or coldheart, those would all be higher priority for books. 

Jan 11, 2021, 09:5801/11/21
10/13/16

As a follow up to rare book advice.... you may want to use them sparingly early on, but you will likely get tons of them in time, enough to fully book just about everyone and anyone who is a rare champ you may consider using. I literally have like over 200 spare which I will likely never really need. Even if I do happen to find a rare that I like or need for whatever reason, I'm still going to get rare books faster than I need them.

I'd say if you already have like 20 rare books or so - just go ahead and use them as you please. You'll get plenty more. Obviously only use them on a champ you've actually taken to lvl50 or 60 though. Don't just chuck them at every rare you look at 😁

Also, I still say Armiger is worthy of at least 5 stars now. Sure, it's early on to really get his full potential, but he's still super useful (and cheap) in many situations. Turn meter decrease on an A1 is not to be sniffed at - it's not like you've got an alure or someone like that sitting around at the moment. TMD works on literally everything except dragon and CB (unless im forgetting something?) - it will swing a lot of hard fights in your favor.

Jan 11, 2021, 23:5801/11/21
12/20/20
L9753

To add yet another opinion ;), I'm sort of inbetween Boo's and J's positions. You have a tanky legendary, so why not 6* him? Tallia to at least 5* makes sense as well, potentially 6*, Bellower could be 6*, but Armiger is too early to focus on now. Bulwark and Bogwalker do indeed have potential for CB especially, although I'm also unsure about taking them to 6*. 

Hmm, good point.  Hakkorhn is pretty good, just his ai is kind of dumb sometimes with the heals.

Jan 12, 2021, 00:0101/12/21
12/20/20
Boo

As a follow up to rare book advice.... you may want to use them sparingly early on, but you will likely get tons of them in time, enough to fully book just about everyone and anyone who is a rare champ you may consider using. I literally have like over 200 spare which I will likely never really need. Even if I do happen to find a rare that I like or need for whatever reason, I'm still going to get rare books faster than I need them.

I'd say if you already have like 20 rare books or so - just go ahead and use them as you please. You'll get plenty more. Obviously only use them on a champ you've actually taken to lvl50 or 60 though. Don't just chuck them at every rare you look at 😁

Also, I still say Armiger is worthy of at least 5 stars now. Sure, it's early on to really get his full potential, but he's still super useful (and cheap) in many situations. Turn meter decrease on an A1 is not to be sniffed at - it's not like you've got an alure or someone like that sitting around at the moment. TMD works on literally everything except dragon and CB (unless im forgetting something?) - it will swing a lot of hard fights in your favor.

Only 6 rare books, so I'll wait then.  I chucked a bunch of 3-5 star gear on armiger to get him to 100 crit, but it seems his usefulness is somewhat limited because my team around him isn't that good.