All Categories

Roster Advice DUNGEON

Roster Advice DUNGEON

Search
Jan 8, 2021, 19:2201/08/21
12/02/20

Roster Advice DUNGEON

Hi I am a month and a half into the game and currently on the 4th part of the arbiter mission. So my focus is to overcome dungeons now esp spiders and fireknight. For now my question is, which champion to 6 star next? and if they should replace someone in the current team

Current dungeon / doom team: Kael lv.60, Apoth Lv.60, Coldheart Lv.60, Warmaiden Lv.60, Doompriest Lv.50

Potential to 6: Seer, Madame Serris, Battlesage, Sandlashed Survivor, Rearguard Sergeant, Warcaster, Rugnor Goldgleam, Dagger, Armiger, Kurzak, Paragon

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

Views
Comments
Comments
WraithModerator
Jan 8, 2021, 20:3101/08/21
07/26/19

Madame serris is hands down one of the best champions in the game. Sandlashed, rearguard,  seer and battlesage are all really good champions to use in 

Jan 8, 2021, 21:5201/08/21
04/14/20

Paragon is probably the only champion in the game who should have as LOW a level as possible if you're planning to use him. At least, if you plan to use him in the only way he's any good. So 6-starring him is a really bad idea - actually I hope you haven't already 5-starred him. 

Also, you're definitely not going to get to the top levels of dungeons if you try to use the same 5-6 champs everywhere. That may work early on, but in the higher levels you'll need to specialize because different dungeons require different strengths, or tactics that work very well in one case are bad in another. E.g. poison is very effective on dragon, whose turn meter can't be reduced so if the dragon's going to be taking turns anyway, you might as well add poison so every turn hurts it. On Fire Knight or the Spider, you'll want to reduce turn meter as much as possible and ideally keep them from taking any turns - hence poison is useless (unless you have Zavia/Elenaril, but ok, that's a special case). 

Jan 8, 2021, 23:2801/08/21
04/22/20

If your focus is fire knight and spider, from the list you gave, I'd probably say Armiger. He's strong affinity for fk20 and neutral for sp20.  He has both turn meter control and enemy max hp attack. As an added bonus he's defense based for improved survivability. 

I'm not sure Armiger will get you all the way there by himself, but he's the best fit from the list you gave IMHO. 

Final point: a lot will depend on how good your artifacts are.  I have a lot of top champions and still don't run sp20 on auto reliably. I'm still working to farm better gear. 

Jan 9, 2021, 02:4001/09/21
11/11/20

Paragon needs no levels or gear, just a few books. 

You can cheese spider with him in the lead to face tank and then control the spider with armigers and coldheart just try to get your speed tuning in a good place. Also armiger doesn't  need to be 60 for that strat to work nor to be effective in general, negative affinity matchups aside. 

Amiger is probably no 1 out of these for progression but unless he's dying to waves or face tanking there's no need for him to be at 6 stars. Now if you have a Fellhound or Runic Warder available they'll help with fire knight, at least until you land another coldheart.

Madame Serris is probably your best move here for the control and the DEF and ATK down. She pretty much replaces Warmaiden and Dagger for that matter. 

Dagger and Kurzad would probably bring the most useablity for dungeons at this stage of the game out of the rest of them. The rest look best mostly in other areas.

Jan 9, 2021, 04:0901/09/21
12/02/20
Snackops

Paragon needs no levels or gear, just a few books. 

You can cheese spider with him in the lead to face tank and then control the spider with armigers and coldheart just try to get your speed tuning in a good place. Also armiger doesn't  need to be 60 for that strat to work nor to be effective in general, negative affinity matchups aside. 

Amiger is probably no 1 out of these for progression but unless he's dying to waves or face tanking there's no need for him to be at 6 stars. Now if you have a Fellhound or Runic Warder available they'll help with fire knight, at least until you land another coldheart.

Madame Serris is probably your best move here for the control and the DEF and ATK down. She pretty much replaces Warmaiden and Dagger for that matter. 

Dagger and Kurzad would probably bring the most useablity for dungeons at this stage of the game out of the rest of them. The rest look best mostly in other areas.

So Paragon will only be placing unkillable to a tanking hero right. I have 3 fellhound and 2 runic warder haha but wasnt sure if i should level them. And currently i am stuck in spider 13. I think i will go with your recommendation and gear armiger and 6 star serris.

What is your recommended speed for each champ? To be able to breeze through spider 14 and above

Jan 9, 2021, 05:0001/09/21
12/02/20
L9753

Paragon is probably the only champion in the game who should have as LOW a level as possible if you're planning to use him. At least, if you plan to use him in the only way he's any good. So 6-starring him is a really bad idea - actually I hope you haven't already 5-starred him. 

Also, you're definitely not going to get to the top levels of dungeons if you try to use the same 5-6 champs everywhere. That may work early on, but in the higher levels you'll need to specialize because different dungeons require different strengths, or tactics that work very well in one case are bad in another. E.g. poison is very effective on dragon, whose turn meter can't be reduced so if the dragon's going to be taking turns anyway, you might as well add poison so every turn hurts it. On Fire Knight or the Spider, you'll want to reduce turn meter as much as possible and ideally keep them from taking any turns - hence poison is useless (unless you have Zavia/Elenaril, but ok, that's a special case). 

I see, how would you set up your paragon in spider, paragaon as the tank and buff unkillable to itself?

Agree, but it may take a while for me to have different teams ready so i am trying to make the best of what i have now. 

Jan 9, 2021, 11:2601/09/21
04/14/20
PSTA

I see, how would you set up your paragon in spider, paragaon as the tank and buff unkillable to itself?

Agree, but it may take a while for me to have different teams ready so i am trying to make the best of what i have now. 

Yes, unkillable to himself, which means you do need to book him to get the perfect uptime on unkillable. But the lower his HP, the easier it is to make all spiderlings target him all the time. Especially if there are champions who are weak affinity in your team, they should have at least 3x as much HP as paragon to ensure that paragon gets targeted instead of them. 

Using paragon is mostly a manual tactic - on auto it's a lot harder still, because you also have to be sure that paragon will always put the unkillable on himself, which the AI doesn't necessarily want to do. I think it's possible on auto, but requires still further conditions that I don't know. 

Jan 10, 2021, 01:0301/10/21
11/11/20

If you place paragon in the lead spot he'll always put the unkillable on him self on auto. As low HP as possible, so no gear. He doesn't need accuracyHowever armiger and coldheats ai don't necessarily do exactly what you want them to. Armiger will often use lay to rest even when you want him to be using his A1 for the turn meter drop. so you'll probably need to manual as he said. 

You want to try to get at least over 160 speed, at least, but 200 is better. Somewhere in that range. Apothacary ideally should have around 40-50% more speed than the rest of the team. You'll also need 200-220 accuracy for level 20 dungeons. 

And i wouldn't say you'll be breezing through spider. These fights are slow as you are just trying to distract the spiderlings and prevent the big girl from taking a turn. Granted cold heart will significantly speed things up. 2 cold hearts with paragon will smack down the spider pretty fast if you've got her near that 200 speed. 

Fellhound is fantastic. Just needs his A2 Flame born vigor booked, so a minimum of 2 books. And he'll put  out a reflect damage buff every 2 turns, netting you 5 hits on the shield on FK when he aoes. He's also a fair healer and when built differently is one of the best campain speed farmers in the game. 

Runic warder is also good, does the same job in FK and he has a 2 hit a1 so if you're team is well speed tuned he can potentially do better, but he doesn't have the near 100% up time on the reflect damage that Fellhound does. He's also pretty good for early faction wars and is a solid shield set candidate.

Jan 11, 2021, 10:3701/11/21
12/02/20
Snackops

If you place paragon in the lead spot he'll always put the unkillable on him self on auto. As low HP as possible, so no gear. He doesn't need accuracyHowever armiger and coldheats ai don't necessarily do exactly what you want them to. Armiger will often use lay to rest even when you want him to be using his A1 for the turn meter drop. so you'll probably need to manual as he said. 

You want to try to get at least over 160 speed, at least, but 200 is better. Somewhere in that range. Apothacary ideally should have around 40-50% more speed than the rest of the team. You'll also need 200-220 accuracy for level 20 dungeons. 

And i wouldn't say you'll be breezing through spider. These fights are slow as you are just trying to distract the spiderlings and prevent the big girl from taking a turn. Granted cold heart will significantly speed things up. 2 cold hearts with paragon will smack down the spider pretty fast if you've got her near that 200 speed. 

Fellhound is fantastic. Just needs his A2 Flame born vigor booked, so a minimum of 2 books. And he'll put  out a reflect damage buff every 2 turns, netting you 5 hits on the shield on FK when he aoes. He's also a fair healer and when built differently is one of the best campain speed farmers in the game. 

Runic warder is also good, does the same job in FK and he has a 2 hit a1 so if you're team is well speed tuned he can potentially do better, but he doesn't have the near 100% up time on the reflect damage that Fellhound does. He's also pretty good for early faction wars and is a solid shield set candidate.

I tried cheesing with Paragon. Unfortunately, it doens't work as intended :/ 

Yes paragon will place unkillable to itself when in the lead, and spiderlings will attack him for 1 round then the spiderlings started attacking my CH and Kael even though their HP is like 6x of paragon. Maybe i am missing something sir?

Jan 11, 2021, 10:3801/11/21
12/02/20
Snackops

Hi the paragon strategy only worked for 1 turn and the spiderlings started attacking my CH and Kael, even though their HP is 6x of paragon's. Am i missing something? 

This happens in spider 13, which is of Void affinity. 

Jan 11, 2021, 15:5301/11/21
05/13/19

Show us a picture of your Roster.

Let us see all your champions.

You might have heroes which you think are bad, but they could help you.

A lot of heroes in the game get bad reviews or bad rankings for all the wrong reason.

Jan 11, 2021, 16:4301/11/21
05/13/19

Previously, I asked to show your roster.

You might wonder why should you show us your roster.

Well here is my explaination.

You said you was having problems with Fire Knight Dungeon.

In order to help you, I try to think about how I beat the Fire Knight Dungeon.

I try to recommend a strategy which I used to beat the Fire Knight.

I have been playing the game for almost 2 years.

Over that long peroid of time, I have wrote down key skills I look for when beating the Fire Knight.

I try to look for specific heroes who have such skills.

I have wrote down a list so I can remember.

I will share the list with you now so you can see why I mean.

Critical Skills for Fire Knight:

1. AOE Stuns / Freeze / Provoke / True Fears

2. AOE Damage Dealer

3. Revive

4. Counter Attack / Reflect / Rally Champion

5. Heal Reduction

Bonus Skills for Fire Knight

6. Decrease Turn Meter

7. Decrease Defense

8. Shields

9. Heals

10. Total Sum of Hits for the Team is 10 or More

Jan 13, 2021, 11:2801/13/21
Jan 13, 2021, 11:29(edited)
12/02/20
Player J

Previously, I asked to show your roster.

You might wonder why should you show us your roster.

Well here is my explaination.

You said you was having problems with Fire Knight Dungeon.

In order to help you, I try to think about how I beat the Fire Knight Dungeon.

I try to recommend a strategy which I used to beat the Fire Knight.

I have been playing the game for almost 2 years.

Over that long peroid of time, I have wrote down key skills I look for when beating the Fire Knight.

I try to look for specific heroes who have such skills.

I have wrote down a list so I can remember.

I will share the list with you now so you can see why I mean.

Critical Skills for Fire Knight:

1. AOE Stuns / Freeze / Provoke / True Fears

2. AOE Damage Dealer

3. Revive

4. Counter Attack / Reflect / Rally Champion

5. Heal Reduction

Bonus Skills for Fire Knight

6. Decrease Turn Meter

7. Decrease Defense

8. Shields

9. Heals

10. Total Sum of Hits for the Team is 10 or More

Hi Sir J, i just had access to my laptop today. Thank you for the comprehensive tips! 

i

My current focus is to be able to auto Spider 14 (to progress on arbiter mission). For fire knight i am stuck in 16 because i cant get pass the 2nd mob lol. i think just need stronger team. 

Player J, who do u think should i 6 next that will bring immediate value to my account in terms of progressing in FK and Spider? strong candidate is Serris/Survivor/Seer? Thank you

Jan 13, 2021, 14:3501/13/21
05/13/19

@PSTA

Lets address the Elephant in the room.

Serris - Survivor - Seer are all amazing champion's.

You should 60 all 3 of them.

BUT THERE IS A SMALL ISSUE.

Most of these heroes have similar function's as heroes you already own at 60.

For Example:

Warmaiden does Def Down ----> Serris is more of an upgrade Def Down champion

Kael is Damage Dealer ----------> Seer is more of an upgraded Damage Dealer

You can see Serris does Def Down + does several other things.

It makes her stronger vs. Warmaiden.

The point I am trying to make is when you upgrade Serris.

You are probably going to remove Warmaiden from your team and replace her with Serris.

Which is a double edge sort of things.

Its a good thing because you got an improved hero.

Its a bad thing because you are still missing other key skills on your roster.

Let give you another example of what I mean:

Right now, you have no hero level 60 which Revives.

Right now, you have no hero level 60 which does AOE Provoke / Stun / Freeze

Right now, you have no hero level 60 which does Reflect

Do you see what I am saying?

The heroes you are mentioning are amazing, but they are improving skills which you already own.

You are still lacking other key skills for your roster as a whole.

For this reason, I am thinking about other champions to 6 star.

I am thinking about Broad Maw ------> Does Revive

I am thinking about Fellhound --------> Does Reflect

Again Seer - Serris - Survivor are insanely good.

They deserve to be 6 star.

It's not about if they should be 6 star.

its about when should you make them  6 star.

Its all about "Timing".

Should you do it now or later?

There is no right or wrong in this situation.

Its all about Pro's & Con's.

I could make a valid argument for both sides.

It all comes down to what you want to focus on.

How committed are you to beating Fire Knight?

Coldheart is a very squishy champion.

It is very hard to keep her alive.

Maybe, you have experienced this struggle.

This could be one of the reasons you can't get past wave 2.

Now image if you had Broad Maw level 60 constantly reviving people who die.

It would be a game changer for you.

Jan 13, 2021, 14:5101/13/21
12/19/19

armiger, doompriest (no books needed), ans maybe sandlashed( I got really late in game so not sure how good of a carry she is for dungeons).  good progress so far for 2 months though!