All Categories

Why phone # confirmation for discord use?

Search
Jan 4, 2021, 00:0401/04/21
12/16/20

Why are we required to confirm our phone number with Plarium on the discord to be able to enter into any discussions on the official channel?

Does anyone have any sound reasoning for this invasion of privacy request?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 4, 2021, 00:1901/04/21
Jan 4, 2021, 00:22(edited)
06/27/20

RSL is the only channel I'm reading that's asking that. It's a reason why I don't write there for now, too much spam on my phone already. It's funny because I guess it's their way of fighting spam in channel.

Jan 4, 2021, 06:1401/04/21
12/16/20
SunnyRay

RSL is the only channel I'm reading that's asking that. It's a reason why I don't write there for now, too much spam on my phone already. It's funny because I guess it's their way of fighting spam in channel.

They're just fishing for sellable material IMHO.

White FlameCommunity Manager
Jan 4, 2021, 11:4501/04/21
04/06/20

Hello! I understand your concerns. Let me explain why we set the highest verification level on the Raid server. The thing is that we are using phone verification as an anti-abuse tool, and we definitely have no bad intentions for the members of our community. This additional measure is used to prevent bots and spam accounts from mass-joining your server, and to prevent banned users from re-joining our server again and again. 

Jan 4, 2021, 12:5701/04/21
12/16/20
White Flame

Hello! I understand your concerns. Let me explain why we set the highest verification level on the Raid server. The thing is that we are using phone verification as an anti-abuse tool, and we definitely have no bad intentions for the members of our community. This additional measure is used to prevent bots and spam accounts from mass-joining your server, and to prevent banned users from re-joining our server again and again. 

Okay, so that sounds extremely suspicious. You know there are plenty of other official servers for games galore, plenty more prominent than yours, and they don't have that requisite.

Sounds sus. Sounds like an information fishing attempt.

White FlameCommunity Manager
Jan 4, 2021, 15:0501/04/21
04/06/20

Dilly, we believe that the phone verification keeps our server, including our users, admins, and moderators safe. In such a way we prevent our community from spammers and banned users (especially those who were aggressive). That's the only reason why we have come to a decision to set the highest verification level on Raid server. We appreciate your understanding! 

Jan 4, 2021, 15:5401/04/21
10/08/17
White Flame

Dilly, we believe that the phone verification keeps our server, including our users, admins, and moderators safe. In such a way we prevent our community from spammers and banned users (especially those who were aggressive). That's the only reason why we have come to a decision to set the highest verification level on Raid server. We appreciate your understanding! 

I have played other MMOs that the playerbase also used Discord with for communiction purposes

I personally found Discord a very invasive application for team communiction in those games. Later when it was proven that hackers were also using Discord to gain advantages  in the game I was playing at that time I immediately deleted Discord from all my devices. 

My bad experiences in past have left me with no desire to ever use Discord again. I am very happy with the clan chat option in Raid to communicate with friends conviently and easily. I just wish it would more accuratly display who was  online

So I conclude that any extra measures Plarium is taking to keep a Discord server safe would be a smart idea and Pro-Active ;)

Jan 7, 2021, 06:0501/07/21
12/16/20
PriestGuardian

I have played other MMOs that the playerbase also used Discord with for communiction purposes

I personally found Discord a very invasive application for team communiction in those games. Later when it was proven that hackers were also using Discord to gain advantages  in the game I was playing at that time I immediately deleted Discord from all my devices. 

My bad experiences in past have left me with no desire to ever use Discord again. I am very happy with the clan chat option in Raid to communicate with friends conviently and easily. I just wish it would more accuratly display who was  online

So I conclude that any extra measures Plarium is taking to keep a Discord server safe would be a smart idea and Pro-Active ;)

I would be quite interested in that proof.

Also, those two things being discussed are unalike and one does not aide the latter in this particular case.

Furthermore, there is no suggestions forum here to be used, they conduct that on the Discord server, which you are locked out of unless you give them something to sell. Or as they like to put it, to "protect the server" with.

Jan 7, 2021, 18:1801/07/21
10/08/17
Dilly

I would be quite interested in that proof.

Also, those two things being discussed are unalike and one does not aide the latter in this particular case.

Furthermore, there is no suggestions forum here to be used, they conduct that on the Discord server, which you are locked out of unless you give them something to sell. Or as they like to put it, to "protect the server" with.

The game was Stronghold Kingdoms (I played for 7 yrs)

I use to use Team speak to communicate with my team in that game . Later  on many started using Discord

Stronghold Kingdoms is a castle building army pvp game RTS. Discord allowed hackers to know when you were online  or offline  in the game aiding  on attack plans against your castles. In conjunction with other third party programs which aided  in their own defenses 

I am not that skilled  in such things but I was a White Knight  of that game for 7 years. Finally enough light was shown and  my blinders to such things came  off. That with the companies failure to respond to years of bots and hacking. I left that game and ended  up here ;)

I cannot provide the proof you wish to see. Just my personal view on my experience with Discord

Jan 8, 2021, 01:0301/08/21
12/16/20
PriestGuardian

The game was Stronghold Kingdoms (I played for 7 yrs)

I use to use Team speak to communicate with my team in that game . Later  on many started using Discord

Stronghold Kingdoms is a castle building army pvp game RTS. Discord allowed hackers to know when you were online  or offline  in the game aiding  on attack plans against your castles. In conjunction with other third party programs which aided  in their own defenses 

I am not that skilled  in such things but I was a White Knight  of that game for 7 years. Finally enough light was shown and  my blinders to such things came  off. That with the companies failure to respond to years of bots and hacking. I left that game and ended  up here ;)

I cannot provide the proof you wish to see. Just my personal view on my experience with Discord

Nothing you described is hacking, let alone by way of Discord's involvement in the matter...

Jan 8, 2021, 11:1401/08/21
10/08/17
Dilly

Nothing you described is hacking, let alone by way of Discord's involvement in the matter...

Like I said I am no expert on the topic and perhaps I misspoke by using that term

But one thing remains a fact

Due to my personal experiences with Discord and what took place  in that game I will never use Discord again and also completly understand any measures Plarium takes to keep things safe and secure ;)