All Categories

Challenge rules in tournaments

Search
Oct 1, 2020, 17:0410/01/20
06/27/20

We've got "Dark elves only" Dragon tournament.

It's part of the plan to make people use more champions. That's understandable.

I'm skipping this one, because I'd rather run stage 18 normally than stage 13 for the tournament.

I don't understand why anyone would go a couple of stages back and sacrifice gear chances for tournament rewards. Rewards are not that big.

I understand that it's a no-brainer for those who can clear stage 20 within challenge rules. Are there 20 such people in my tournament group? I'm level 56, player power 700k. Am I grouped with top players or most players in the game have a full 6* team of dark elves?

What bothers me is that the next fragment event may be impossible for me because of some "Skinwalker only" event. And even if it is technically possible, I'll have to play sub-optimally to try do complete it. I also fear that full rules may not be uncovered before the event, and I'll have to pray there is no skinwalkers.

Do you participate in the current tournament? Why?

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 1, 2020, 17:2510/01/20
07/31/20
These tournaments are for old players who played 1+ years and having all good champs in all races. Plarium & other players won't recommend you join an event you can't compete. 
Oct 1, 2020, 21:1310/01/20
07/27/20

I get Plarium is looking for new ways to make the game fun but this tournament just cut me out of the game for the weekend. 

I do not have that many dark elves and the ones I have I will not be able to run level 10 or higher. 

Please consider for us newer players these kinds of leave us left out of the fun.
Oct 1, 2020, 21:2010/01/20
Oct 2, 2020, 10:37(edited)
04/15/19

Thanks for your sincerity, this tournament is being done to test and see the reaction of the community to act in one way or another in the future.

And do not worry, there is no intention to put this type of conditions to the events necessary to obtain some special legendary in fusion or fragments

Oct 1, 2020, 23:1010/01/20
Oct 1, 2020, 23:23(edited)
06/27/20

Pipsie said:

Thanks for your sincerity, this tournament is being done to test and see the reaction of the community to act in one way or another in the future.

And do not worry, there is no intention to put this type of conditionals to the events necessary to obtain some special legendary in fusion or fragments

That's reassuring, thank you.

I'll elaborate what is wrong with this tournament imo. 

Faction wars are good. They have restrictions, but they offer unique experience with unique rewards. If one week players could use any champion in faction wars, and the next week faction only, it would be bad.

Rooms in the new doom tower with restrictions will be good, it will be a unique thing. 

Making events that are the same as existing ones, but with worse difficulty-reward ratio, is bad.

It adds difficulty to an existing tournament type not adding rewards. It is strictly worse than "normal" dragon tournament.

To compete in it most players have to do things that are bad for them (running lower stages with less rewards).

I dare say it is similar to advanced quest that make people use rare champion in clan boss, but the latter hurts top players (and even worse: it hurts clans).

Quests to fight in arena with a team from a single faction or affinity are bad too. Make unique temporary arena for that not touching existing one and not using normal arena keys. It's not that important because it's 1 fight that you can immediately surrender, but it's the same bad design.

Oct 1, 2020, 23:2810/01/20
12/19/19

SunnyRay said:

Pipsie said:

And do not worry, there is no intention to put this type of conditionals to the events necessary to obtain some special legendary in fusion or fragments

That's reassuring, thank you.

I'll elaborate what is wrong with this tournament imo. 

Faction wars are good. They have restrictions, but they offer unique experience with unique rewards. If one week players could use any champion in faction wars, and the next week faction only, it would be bad.

Rooms in the new doom tower with restrictions will be good, it will be a unique thing. 

Making events that are the same as existing ones, but with worse difficulty-reward ratio, is bad.

It adds difficulty to an existing tournament type not adding rewards. It is strictly worse than "normal" dragon tournament.

To compete in it most players have to do things that are bad for them (running lower stages with less rewards).

I dare say it is similar to advanced quest that make people use rare champion in clan boss, but the latter hurts top players (and even worse: it hurts clans).

Quests to fight in arena with a team from a single faction or affinity are bad too. Make unique temporary arena for that not touching existing one and not using normal arena keys. It's not that important because it's 1 fight that you can immediately surrender, but it's the same bad design.

That is a very polite response...lol

I'd say that whoever needs to wait to see the reaction to a HORRIBLE idea like this tournament should be fired, lmao
Oct 1, 2020, 23:5410/01/20
06/27/20

I know how to make players run Dragon with elves and be happy! 

Don't take anything away. Give us an option.

Make Dragon runs with Dark elven teams cost half the energy for the duration of the event. This is the event: lowering dragon cost for elven teams. It is tied to a dungeon, not a tournament. There may or may not be a normal dragon tournament at the same time.

Oct 2, 2020, 02:4710/02/20
07/05/19
SunnyRay said:

I know how to make players run Dragon with elves and be happy! 

Don't take anything away. Give us an option.

Make Dragon runs with Dark elven teams cost half the energy for the duration of the event. This is the event: lowering dragon cost for elven teams. It is tied to a dungeon, not a tournament. There may or may not be a normal dragon tournament at the same time.

Or just make the the prize better and make so if you adhere to the rules (using an all dark elves team) you het double points.
Oct 2, 2020, 04:1210/02/20
Oct 2, 2020, 05:14(edited)
08/06/20

As a fairly new player of less than 3 months, i also find this event a bit out of it.

I only have 3 DE's,  Captain Temila, Warden and Pain Keeper, none of which are at a high condition yet.

So i am struggling through the event , doing as much as i can with what i have.

No hope of ever getting to any of the prize stages.

Think i will just give up on this one and hope for a better event in future.