All Categories

First move preference - We need this!

Search
Sep 27, 2020, 21:0609/27/20
09/27/20

As many of us know, there are tons of champs in the game that make horrible moves under AI control, particularly in the arena on startup, dungeons, etc. Not sure if this has been suggested as a fix, but what about simply having the ability to set a first-move-preference for a given champ on any of their skills?

My personal frustrations have included many arena champs with strong single strikes and strong AOE's who use their single strike first under AI control, after they've been hastened and strengthened and the enemy debuffed, ready for the nuke. Lua, Ultimate G, and Zargala are of note here for me, despite infuriatingly watching other crews' Luas in particular use their AOE first against my crew, obviously under AI control themselves. I've watched my Zargala throw devastate first numerous times, which is OK if it gets a kill, thus granting a free crack armor, but she'll do this against skull crown of all people, who cant be killed in one shot, thus wasting both moves. Madame Serris is another common one to misbehave on auto, using her 2 instead of her 3 on a nuke setup, when there aren't even any buffs to steal, and block debuffs has already been cast by another ally! Not to mention no defense down!

To be fair, your comp isn't just the champs you've rolled and the gear that's on them, its also the order you've set them up to go in, which means everyone's first move is important. So if that's random to some extent under AI control, i.e. on arena defense, this means you can never really tune your comp to 100% your preference, at least for however capable they are.

This wouldn't do anything to modify turn meter or speed. It would only set a first-move-priority for a given skill, provided nothing is on cool-down. Obviously, 20 turns into a clan boss run, cool-downs would reset this perhaps. But at least for that defense crew, you would rest easy knowing their defeats were never from self-sabotage, but actually better crews. I'd like that, anyway. And, it would even help set up auto crews for spider levels, using cold heart instead of royal guard, for those of us less fortunate on dupe champs. Not sure it would stop martyr from casting counterattack with one enemy left in the wave with 2 hp, but...room for improvement, i suppose.

End rant. 
Views
Comments