All Categories

Nerfs and Buffs yes imma talk about rotos

Search
Sep 16, 2020, 23:3209/16/20
06/24/20

I feel you did a great job of improving legends and were smart on many of the nerfs. I typically would not be one to vocalize about anything regarding a game, but it is rather frustrating when your only carry champion gets nerfed to the ground. Yes of course I'm talking about rotos. I understand why many are happy, but that I feel is from the standpoint of a "whale" in this game or maybe not even a whale idk. I agree rotos was busted and needed a nerf. However, I do not think this was done properly. Rotos was essential in many of my teams and yes still will do alright however in arena now it's pointless for me to waste the space on a single target attacker that can't keep things dead and doesn't hit hard enough for me to put them down in one hit! I would have rather seen his A3 be reduced to 40% ignore defense with no extra turn and keep his block revive as it was. There is no way I can ever block revive in arena now. I mean what arena battle lasts 9 turns!!!! Yeah I don't have the resources to have his A2 booked so to cap out on that HP needed for block revive I would need 9 freaking turns!!! Sure if I were a whale I really wouldn't care much cause I'm sure I would have other solid champs to come in and help me out. That however is not my case, I don't have the funds to put money into this game and I do truly enjoy the game and want to keep playing. However, arena is such an important aspect of this game to test your skills and with 3v3 bazara, need I say more. Like yes nerf rotos change the meta, but how in the world has this changed the meta. You still need the speed to go first and if you don't go first well you better have the gear or the right champs to resist those debuffs or cleanse them and still be strong enough to live after the other team goes first. How has the meta been shifted at all when you really only significantly nerfed one champ. Even siphi is still broken as ever. Oh 5% speed difference, big woop. Like what she still sleeps the entire other team and then puts them to bed in their grave when she's done reviving your entire team one by one and they attack immediately. Please do reconsider some of the "nerfs" and actual nerfs you made here. Heck instead of nerfing bring everyone to the same playing field. It sure sounds like we'll need the help on the new doom tower.

To all those who love the rotos nerf I get it, I probably would be happy too, but would also recognize it'll really impact many others. Also you likely didn't have him or have other champs that it's not going to effect you much at all, in the end you know that as a low spender F2P player who can't grind gear endlessly to make the nerf not so bad on that champ. I think it's safe to say that the nerf could have been done better to make him still very helpful like a lego should be but not quite so above the rest.
Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 16, 2020, 23:3509/16/20
06/24/20
Keep in mind I do agree he needed to be nerfed, but this is just too much for those that are not the top of the top end player
Sep 17, 2020, 09:1909/17/20
Sep 17, 2020, 09:22(edited)
02/04/19

From the release notes:

[Skill 1 - Terror Scourge]
- Chance decreased: now has a 25% chance to grant an Extra Turn (was 30%).
- Damage decreased by 5%.

[Skill 2 - Vitality Plunder]

[Skill 3 - Fated Destruction]
- Effect changed: now ignores 60% of the target’s DEF (was 75%).
- Ascended version changed: now enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived only if this Champion has MAX HP from the Vitality Plunder skill.
- Fixed the bug that incorrectly increased the damage inflicted by the skill.

All three skills nerfed, the massive nerf of skill 3 being the worst. I thought it was called "Arena rebalance": Why is Lilitu untouched and Siphi nearly untouched?

Btw: "Ascended version changed: now enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived only if this Champion has MAX HP from the Vitality Plunder skill." tested -> not working as described. Please clarify. No block revive, even with vitality plunder before.

At the moment Rotos has become a trash legend, another one nerfed to uselessness in my collection.

Kind regards

Sep 17, 2020, 11:1109/17/20
04/13/20

arthurios said:

From the release notes:

- Ascended version changed: now enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived only if this Champion has MAX HP from the Vitality Plunder skill.

All three skills nerfed, the massive nerf of skill 3 being the worst. I thought it was called "Arena rebalance": Why is Lilitu untouched and Siphi nearly untouched?

Btw: "Ascended version changed: now enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived only if this Champion has MAX HP from the Vitality Plunder skill." tested -> not working as described. Please clarify. No block revive, even with vitality plunder before.

At the moment Rotos has become a trash legend, another one nerfed to uselessness in my collection.

Kind regards

Siphi is not untouched. They rebalanced her for the Arena by making her much less effective in PvE. Way to go...

With the Rotos nerf, I am unable to win in the Arena, and I dropped from almost Gold IV to barely Gold II and I am stil descending. I expect to drop to Silver later today or tomorrow.
Sep 17, 2020, 13:4009/17/20
01/15/20
Siphi nerf destroyed my clan boss team.  Now I gotta re team and gear   Would do 16-19m now I’m doing 12-14. 
Sep 17, 2020, 14:4909/17/20
07/05/19
arthurios said:

From the release notes:

Kind regards

On the vitality plunder thing, Rotos have to get the MAX possible HP from vitality plunder to be able to activate his block revive. That is what my understanding of the nerf
Sep 17, 2020, 15:0909/17/20
02/13/19

Hi, Guys!

Thank you for your feedback and yes, I agree that Rotos now is almost useless everywhere. CMs and Devs are collecting these feedbacks and I hope they will rework him again. I'm not saying he didn't need a nerf (even if it was more than manageable before too, like with champion that hit 2-3 times), but he has been destroyed, this is too much imo.

Sep 17, 2020, 18:3309/17/20
01/01/20

I think a nerf on Rotos was completly understandable. But I am not sure how much Vodka the Designer of the Nerf on Rotos' A3 has drunk.

Ascended version changed: now enemies killed by this skill cannot be revived only if this Champion has MAX HP from the Vitality Plunder skill.

This is complete crap. How many rounds did a normal Arena fight last? And how many rounds need Rotos to aply the Block Revive-Buff?

If you don't want that effect on Rotos, take it from him. But don't give him this bullshit change.

And by the way. Think about Foli. He kills your complete Team with ONE SHOT. And if Arbiter lives after that hit, he smiles in her face:

"You're busted bitch. Cause you can't revive anyone in your team"

Sep 18, 2020, 01:0609/18/20
Sep 18, 2020, 01:08(edited)
06/24/20
WatchdogCZ said:

arthurios said:

From the release notes:

Kind regards

Siphi is not untouched. They rebalanced her for the Arena by making her much less effective in PvE. Way to go...

With the Rotos nerf, I am unable to win in the Arena, and I dropped from almost Gold IV to barely Gold II and I am stil descending. I expect to drop to Silver later today or tomorrow.
I agree I am barely holding onto gold IV right now and loosing so many fights now cause I can't keep people dead or even kill them in one shot. The only reason I'm trying to hold onto gold IV is the stat boost for CB. It's so unfortunate.