All Categories

Easy arena bandaid till they solve the problem?

Search
Sep 13, 2020, 23:4809/13/20
09/13/20

Seems to me if players didn’t lose as many arena points every week during the reset that it would make them less angry. Nothing worse than taking all week to get back to where you started before the reset only to have it happen again....and again.....and again...etc
Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 14, 2020, 00:1309/14/20
07/05/19

If you read my points theory here

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/203138_i-now-see-why-the-arena-needs-to-complete-overhaul/

The arena reset is actually needed to mask the nature of the zero sum system of the classic arena.

Without the reset you'll actually feel more stagnation, because there's just not enough points to go around for everyone. Without the reset, you'll see that you can't go anywhere in the ladder anyway, with the reset, at least you'll feel some movement even though the end result is you on the same position as you were the week before.

Sep 14, 2020, 17:2309/14/20
12/19/19
OzzLee said:

If you read my points theory here

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/203138_i-now-see-why-the-arena-needs-to-complete-overhaul/

The arena reset is actually needed to mask the nature of the zero sum system of the classic arena.

Without the reset you'll actually feel more stagnation, because there's just not enough points to go around for everyone. Without the reset, you'll see that you can't go anywhere in the ladder anyway, with the reset, at least you'll feel some movement even though the end result is you on the same position as you were the week before.

Ummm.... Oz you need to rethink your response here.  At reset points are SUBTRACTED from EVERYONE.  This can only prevent upward migration across the board.  Imagine if everyone was reset to the middle of the tier instead of the bottom... That would make things way better!!!  You would only have to win half as many points to move up the following week.  
Sep 14, 2020, 23:2609/14/20
07/05/19

Trips said:

Ummm.... Oz you need to rethink your response here.  At reset points are SUBTRACTED from EVERYONE.  This can only prevent upward migration across the board.  Imagine if everyone was reset to the middle of the tier instead of the bottom... That would make things way better!!!  You would only have to win half as many points to move up the following week.  

The end result would be the same Trips, because there's a limited number of points to go around.

Remember the points you gain is taken away from someone else, there's no creation of new points within the system, a zero sum.

Now if we reset the tier at the middle of the tier, instead of the bottom would it help?

I would assume no, because by average I think there will be enough people in the bottom and bellow the middle point, that it will average out, in the end it doesn't change anything.

What would help if the reset is to the top of the tier.

In the end, the problem is that there is no creation of points in classic arena, hence why everyone is stuck, reset or no reset, you can't go anywhere in this point system

Sep 15, 2020, 00:5809/15/20
06/22/19

Plarium wants their players to play arena. Not just sit and wait until someone beats your unbeatable defense. 

One ugly scenario that can happen if points will not get reset is that it will be impossible to beat the number 1 player if he already accumulated 1 million + points. And the next one to him just at 100k. Not good for new players. 

Nick said:

Seems to me if players didn’t lose as many arena points every week during the reset that it would make them less angry. Nothing worse than taking all week to get back to where you started before the reset only to have it happen again....and again.....and again...etc

Sep 15, 2020, 14:2809/15/20
12/19/19
You both don't think a reset to middle of tier would be good?
Sep 15, 2020, 15:0409/15/20
07/05/19

Trips said:

You both don't think a reset to middle of tier would be good?

It's not that it's not good, it's just I honestly don't think it would help... What we need is a system that could create points, generate more points than what is available from incoming new players. It's just as simple as there is not enough points for anyone to actually move through the ladder

Sep 15, 2020, 22:0609/15/20
Sep 15, 2020, 22:07(edited)
01/15/20

Arena is fine.  People don't understand you need to speed tune your teams.  I'm in G4 and do I get out speed all the time...yes, but those same teams that out speed me don't have their teams speed tuned.  Below screenshot show team that their Kirsk and Arbiter went first then my entire team cut in and won..  Again speed gear is the biggest hurdle then tuning is a must if you want to progress

Sep 15, 2020, 22:3909/15/20
Sep 16, 2020, 01:26(edited)
07/05/19

Zukoku said:

Arena is fine.  People don't understand you need to speed tune your teams.  I'm in G4 and do I get out speed all the time...yes, but those same teams that out speed me don't have their teams speed tuned.  Below screenshot show team that their Kirsk and Arbiter went first then my entire team cut in and won..  Again speed gear is the biggest hurdle then tuning is a must if you want to progress

It's not fine.... Your position is at the mercy of the numbers of people that us listed on the arena! And since points availability is dependent on the numbers of people that are listed on the arenaI, if they removed enough people from arena, you can be kicked out of G4 REGARDLESS of how good your team is.

Don't believe me? check the top platinum points the week before, the week at, and the week after the 2.12 fix
Sep 16, 2020, 04:0409/16/20
08/10/20

seems the easiest solution is to have different arenas for players with different amount of time in. why not an arena for players who have played for less than a year vs more than a year like several other games have? might make it more enticing for new whales. these days you could spend 500 bucks and still not even get out of bronze arena. 

Sep 16, 2020, 05:2409/16/20
07/05/19

MayaneedsДIK said:

seems the easiest solution is to have different arenas for players with different amount of time in. why not an arena for players who have played for less than a year vs more than a year like several other games have? might make it more enticing for new whales. these days you could spend 500 bucks and still not even get out of bronze arena. 

I have replied to this kind of suggestion in other thread, long story short, if you divide the list of the arena, you would have 2 list that are too short, and there would be even less points to go around and noone in each list would be able to reach gold.