All Categories

Pain Keeper - Spectacular Sweep Wrong?

Search
Sep 13, 2020, 22:3809/13/20
08/01/19

I'm not sure if I'm not understanding it or if the ability information is incorrect. Pain Keeper(Fully booked w/ Lay On Hands). The ability is her A2 - Spectacular Sweep

The ability reads: Attacks all enemies, then heals all allies by 15% of this Champion's MAX HP. -Because she is fully booked she gets +5, +5, +10, +15 to this heal. Plus Lay on Hands is also +5. By my math that makes this ability +55% heal of her Max HP. Is that correct?

Because she is only healing for about 7209(8402) when I ran her with Tower for his HP boost when her max HP is 33,615. So the heal should be 16,807. So why is she only healing for about 25% instead of 55%

What am I missing?

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 14, 2020, 00:0809/14/20
06/22/19
All heal skillups are multiplicative. The additional 35% heal of Painkeeper after skillups, should be calculated as 35% of 15% of her max hp not 15% + 35%.
Sep 14, 2020, 02:4509/14/20
Sep 14, 2020, 02:46(edited)
07/05/19

As Joinme has said, it's multiplicative and NOT additive.

I just want to add the math here, if for example the hero have 20,000 health, that 15% heal would give 3,000 heal, with fully booked abilities that 35% bonus is multiplied to the 3,000 heal, NOT the 20,000 max HP

So the calculation of the heal the hero get is 3,000  * 1.35 = 4,050 heal (around 20% of the max HP)
Sep 14, 2020, 06:4809/14/20
07/31/20

Such a facepalm situation. 

WTH the designer has in his mind ? 

All of those just for a 5% plus ? 

Why don't he just make 1 buff add 5% directly instead of 4 buffs with some lousy multiplications ? Is that because Plarium so greedy, they want to earn 3 more rare books from players ? It's huge money isn't it ? 

Sep 14, 2020, 11:4109/14/20
Sep 14, 2020, 11:43(edited)
07/05/19

Indent14 said:

Why don't he just make 1 buff add 5% directly instead of 4 buffs with some lousy multiplications ? Is that because Plarium so greedy, they want to earn 3 more rare books from players ? It's huge money isn't it ? 

Well actually, even at adition of 1% of max HP (if we want to count it that way), it's actually quite big, since it's a percentage from an HP champ, which in itself is quite beefy, plus the ability is not just pure healing but an AOE heal + AOE attack

Plus she's a rare, getting a rare book is not that hard, you can get one for free each week from bazaar.
Sep 14, 2020, 13:3909/14/20
08/01/19
Thank you both for the answers. I very much appreciate the math information behind it. Rare books from cb are do easy for me to get I end with a lot of them. Her heal is still amazing!
Sep 15, 2020, 00:5309/15/20
07/31/20

OzzLee said:

Indent14 said:

Well actually, even at adition of 1% of max HP (if we want to count it that way), it's actually quite big, since it's a percentage from an HP champ, which in itself is quite beefy, plus the ability is not just pure healing but an AOE heal + AOE attack

Plus she's a rare, getting a rare book is not that hard, you can get one for free each week from bazaar.

You get the wrong idea. 

What I say is: What a mean company/designer/people!!! Try to steal from very small stuffs like that. 
Sep 15, 2020, 02:4709/15/20
07/05/19

Indent14 said:

You get the wrong idea. 

What I say is: What a mean company/designer/people!!! Try to steal from very small stuffs like that. 

Look I've played mobile gacha games since Friendster era, they're all feeding off people's impatient urge.

So rather than ask them to change their ways, it's actually more beneficial to be patient ourselves, I don't expect to suddenly be at the top of 3v3 when it came out, I just saw the system and think, "meh, bronze 4 is enough for me"

Same goes with Faction Wars, all faction farming level 6 is good enough, I am lucky that I play this as a collection game so I never use unused rares as food and all if their dupes are used as "books", so I got plenty of rares with high enough skills for FW

So yeah... Manage your expectations and just be patient and you'll be okay,  I can get on average 2-3 rare books a week, 1 epic book a week, only legendary books that I still can reliably get weekly.

Is it enough to book all of my champs? Of course not! Even those that I use regularly I can't get them all full booked at this rate. Do I feel irritated because of it? No, I just play the long game.
Sep 15, 2020, 03:1309/15/20
Sep 15, 2020, 03:13(edited)
07/31/20

OzzLee said:

Indent14 said:

You get the wrong idea. 

Look I've played mobile gacha games since Friendster era, they're all feeding off people's impatient urge.

So rather than ask them to change their ways, it's actually more beneficial to be patient ourselves, I don't expect to suddenly be at the top of 3v3 when it came out, I just saw the system and think, "meh, bronze 4 is enough for me"

Same goes with Faction Wars, all faction farming level 6 is good enough, I am lucky that I play this as a collection game so I never use unused rares as food and all if their dupes are used as "books", so I got plenty of rares with high enough skills for FW

So yeah... Manage your expectations and just be patient and you'll be okay,  I can get on average 2-3 rare books a week, 1 epic book a week, only legendary books that I still can reliably get weekly.

Is it enough to book all of my champs? Of course not! Even those that I use regularly I can't get them all full booked at this rate. Do I feel irritated because of it? No, I just play the long game.

You get wrong idea again!!!

Since you do not work for them, you pay to play their game, you are paid customer, you can't complain, can you ? 

What I am telling them, in Plarium forum is what you do is not moral, think about it, change it. You don't have to steal such small stuffs from us. Think big, bros.
Sep 15, 2020, 04:2409/15/20
07/05/19

Indent14 said:

You get wrong idea again!!!

Since you do not work for them, you pay to play their game, you are paid customer, you can't complain, can you ? 

What I am telling them, in Plarium forum is what you do is not moral, think about it, change it. You don't have to steal such small stuffs from us. Think big, bros.

I do not pay to play their game, most of the time I don't even pay at all... YOU don't pay anything at all to play their game, because you can play their games and there is no requirement to pay at all

These kind of games, you don't pay to play, YOU PAY TO SPEED UP CERTAIN ASPECTS OF YOUR GAME.

Take shards for instance, let's take the blue shard to make an example. You get them sporadically through out the game, you can play and grind it out and WAIT until you get one to drop, or YOU CAN WAIVE THE WAITING PERIOD and just pay to buy a blue shard, you pay so you don't have to wait for a blue shard to drop.

Same as with the books, and the artifacts, and the glyphs, and the XP boost and everything.

You either grind and use your time, or you pay TO FAST FORWARD.

It's not that I don't get it, but YOU don't get it, this is the nature of FREEMIUM games, you play for free, but you pay so you don't need to grind.

Do I complain in these kinds of games? Sure, but my complaints are about flaws in the system, or when my payments didn't fall through. But for these kind of mechanics like the books or the shards or the artifacts, it's something that you should already accept as part of FREEMIUM games, that's how they make money. 

So you patiently grind (like I mostly do) or pay up because you want things to happen NOW.

With how you think what a game should be, I'd suggest you play console games, maybe like something on the Switch, where you actually do pay upfront to play their game.