All Categories

Arena rework idea

Arena rework idea

Search
Aug 29, 2020, 04:4708/29/20
01/08/20

Arena rework idea

Hello everyone,

before arena tournament change I have been regularly in gold II-III, occasionally peeking into IV, now as many others I fell down to silver. Before the change many players did not care about progress anymore and let others reach higher levels. I think that Arena is played by many players of various "age", skill and luck and that it is not designed for such huge amount of competitors.

Since first wave of arena changes failed I started to think how to solve this another way.

My proposal is this:

Divide Arena into three (or maybe two could be enough) "leagues".

• Bronze (Beginner) league consists Bronze I-IV and Silver I-IV and can be entered by anyone who earned no more than 5000 silver medals.
  • Silver (Advanced) league consists Bronze IV, Silver I-IV and Gold I-IV and can be entered by anyone who earned no more than 10000 gold medals.
  • Gold (Master) league consists Silver III-IV, Gold I-IV and Platinum and can be entered by anyone who earned at least 100 gold medals

Some rules proposal:

• Rewards could be as it is now, as anything except platinum tier rewards cannot be described as game changers.
  • Each league lasts one week as usual, starting/ending time as it is now.
  • Any player can apply to switch to another league at any time (if condition above applies), change comes at league's end.
  • When anyone switches to higher league, starts in Silver I in case of Silver league or in Silver IV in case of Gold league.
  • When anyone switches to lower league, starts in Bronze I in case of Bronze league or in Silver I in case of Silver league.

This way could help anyone to progress in collecting tiers, medals for Arbiter mission and (maybe) enjoy arena a bit.

Any constructive critics and improvements ideas are highly appreciated.

Kjeldor

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 29, 2020, 05:5408/29/20
Aug 29, 2020, 05:56(edited)
07/05/19

Anyone who have even 1 silver medal should not be able to enter Bronze

Anyone who have even 1 gold medal should not be able to enter Silver

Or if you want to be more lenient, anyone who has at least 1 silver upgrade in their Great Hall cannot enter Bronze, anyone who have at least 1 gold upgrade in their Great Hall cannot enter Silver.

This is the problem right now! High tier accounts going after low tier accounts

Aug 29, 2020, 23:3908/29/20
01/31/20
I think a much simpler rework to Arena would be to expand Platinum to have 4 levels like all of the other tiers, which gives the more advanced players somewhere to go and reduces the competitiveness of all of the lower tiers, allowing lower level players to advance more appropriately and making the Arbiter Mission more realistic again.  
Aug 30, 2020, 03:1608/30/20
01/05/20
ALso need to rework arena so it is not the same 2-3 builds. I posted another idea that actually makes people consider build, power becomes a factor.
Aug 30, 2020, 06:1308/30/20
01/08/20

@OZZLEE

Your first suggestion is problematic - imagine case when anyone comes to silver I and manages to win one battle (as he/she can get opponents from bronze IV) and then gets locked as he/she cannot defeat almost anyone and cannot go to lower tier - thus no progress in missions, no chances in tournament, no upgrades in guildhall.

Your second suggestion has a flaw that people can wait for upgrade for very long time and grind a lot of silver medals before spending them in guildhall.

Kjeldor

Aug 30, 2020, 06:2208/30/20
01/08/20

@WILEYMAN

To enlarge platinum tier is not enough. If I understand arena correctly, every week the game "loses" a lot of arena points as you get reset to start of the tier. If you have 2595 points, for example, at the arena end you lose 295 points. And I do not speak about platinum tier. When many people lose a lot of points on higher tiers, where the game compensates it? Only in bronze I (I believe) as even at 0 points you get to 900 again at reset. So if you have a lot of people in sliver/gold and less in bronze, more and more people will fall down, stop playing and this spiral of death will destroy arena completely...

Aug 30, 2020, 11:2808/30/20
Aug 30, 2020, 11:41(edited)
07/05/19

kjeldor79 said:

@OZZLEE

Your first suggestion is problematic - imagine case when anyone comes to silver I and manages to win one battle (as he/she can get opponents from bronze IV) and then gets locked as he/she cannot defeat almost anyone and cannot go to lower tier - thus no progress in missions, no chances in tournament, no upgrades in guildhall.

Your second suggestion has a flaw that people can wait for upgrade for very long time and grind a lot of silver medals before spending them in guildhall.

Kjeldor

Not really, after a while, the barrier (where people cannot go back down) will become a dam, and it will create a pool of like powered people. It will resolve by itself.

Second, if an account can win a silver medal, then he already have found accounts that he can fight against in silver, meaning there's accounts there he can fight against, same goes with gold.

And for the Great Hall barrier idea, it's if you want to be lenient, I prefer the first idea myself. The second idea is based on the bonus the great hall give, anyone who own a silver upgrade in Great Hall have an unfair advantage against anyone who can't breach through silver tier yet. That they should not and cannot fight anyone bellow their tier. If they decide to hoard say silver medal and not spend them, then they're fighting in silver tier with a handicap, meaning they add another layer of difficulty for their account. That's their own volition to handicap themselves, but by not allowing an account that have silver tier upgrade to go down is to protect the accounts in bronze, specially those who have no chance at all to get even a silver medal. Same goes to the gold medal tier.

Aug 30, 2020, 13:5708/30/20
12/01/18
WileyMan said:

I think a much simpler rework to Arena would be to expand Platinum to have 4 levels like all of the other tiers, which gives the more advanced players somewhere to go and reduces the competitiveness of all of the lower tiers, allowing lower level players to advance more appropriately and making the Arbiter Mission more realistic again.  
Or create one more level, call it Diamond or whatever, problem solved for a year or so.
Aug 30, 2020, 14:4208/30/20
12/19/19
In general I think ozlee's idea has merit.  Basically anything that significantly increases the size of the gold and silver tiers will help push long tenured accounts out of bronze.
Sep 7, 2020, 20:3909/07/20
08/05/20
This is an awesome idea - I was imagining rework based on grouping via initial game start date (age in game), but any date method punishes slower progressing players. Kjeldor’s idea is equitable and would instantly fix frustrating ass beating keeping me locked out of silver.
Sep 7, 2020, 20:5009/07/20
12/19/19
BosmoMax said:

This is an awesome idea - I was imagining rework based on grouping via initial game start date (age in game), but any date method punishes slower progressing players. Kjeldor’s idea is equitable and would instantly fix frustrating ass beating keeping me locked out of silver.
I think limiting your opponents (matchmaking changes) on your idea of tenure (start date) is great.  In bronze you don''t get matched against anyone who started more than 3 months before you, in silver 6 months, maybe gold 1 and 2 9 months, then no limit after that.
Sep 7, 2020, 21:5709/07/20
05/03/20

Trips said:

BosmoMax said:

I think limiting your opponents (matchmaking changes) on your idea of tenure (start date) is great.  In bronze you don''t get matched against anyone who started more than 3 months before you, in silver 6 months, maybe gold 1 and 2 9 months, then no limit after that.

The problem with using tenure is alt accts.  Someone in the game for a year can create a new acct.  They have the skill and knowledge to build a great team out of nothing. 

They should remove arena from any type of reward system.  Take it out of the Arbiter chase.  Find another battle type to earn Great Hall medals.  Campaign farming is the fairest competition in the game.  Give Arbiter and Great Hall medals based on a total score from campaign farming.  Everyone is on the same balanced playing field. 

There is a skill, strategy and money problem in arena.  For too many they cannot be competitive.  We all see the screen shots of god level Legendaries in Bronze.  Too many are growing tired of arena.  They either leave the game or give up on any chance of arena rewards.  

Has anyone wondered why arena is tied to so many other rewards?  Daily mission, clan, Great Hall, Arbiter.  Why does Plarium FORCE us to play arena?  Is arena actually broken or is it exactly the way Plarium wants it for their business model?  The frustration level in arena will make people buy items to advance there.