All Categories

Arena Confusion

Arena Confusion

Search
Aug 3, 2020, 16:4508/03/20
05/06/20

Arena Confusion

OK, 

So I just pulled my first Legendary (Lyssandra) and she has helped move me into Silver II. How am I still battling people with the same Power and team as when I was in Bronze II???? I am not sure how long I will stay but to see people with 150K Team power in Bronze II loaded with Leg and then see it still in Silver. Is Arena backwards?
Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 3, 2020, 17:1908/03/20
07/05/19

ImD3ath said:

OK, 

So I just pulled my first Legendary (Lyssandra) and she has helped move me into Silver II. How am I still battling people with the same Power and team as when I was in Bronze II???? I am not sure how long I will stay but to see people with 150K Team power in Bronze II loaded with Leg and then see it still in Silver. Is Arena backwards?

Basically team power is a useless indicator, since it indicates nothing about the power of your opponent.

I have been suggesting along with Arena fix, that the formula to calculate team power should be reworked.
Aug 3, 2020, 17:3008/03/20
12/19/19
The power formula is fine, it is very useful IMO.  
Aug 3, 2020, 17:5208/03/20
05/06/20

I do understand the Power Level of the Team might not matter much. I was just shocked to see so many high power level teams in Bronze with Legendary Champs in Bronze 2 -4. I was even further shocked to see similar teams and power level in Silver II - III now. One would think bronze would be limited to weaker teams and champs as people progress. I am not seeing much disparity in the levels which is what is confusing and why things seem so difficult in arena

Aug 3, 2020, 18:5908/03/20
01/22/20
ImD3ath said:

I do understand the Power Level of the Team might not matter much. I was just shocked to see so many high power level teams in Bronze with Legendary Champs in Bronze 2 -4. I was even further shocked to see similar teams and power level in Silver II - III now. One would think bronze would be limited to weaker teams and champs as people progress. I am not seeing much disparity in the levels which is what is confusing and why things seem so difficult in arena

I am sorry you are confused, maybe you need to be checked by the uncle doctor but Plarium doesn't covered it so be prepare 
Aug 3, 2020, 19:2808/03/20
Aug 3, 2020, 20:04(edited)
04/13/20

Trips said:

The power formula is fine, it is very useful IMO.  

Are you sure? I dare say the team compositon and the choice of an Aura matter much much more than the Team Power (and yes, I am very well aware that I was incredibly lucky with my pulls):

Aug 3, 2020, 20:2608/03/20
12/19/19

I didn't say it was going to determine the winner.  I said it was very useful.  Siphi + Rotos is a bad example regardless, lol.

Aura is important, speed is important, team comp is important.  I can gauge all of these by looking at the opponent, why would I want power to include data I already know?
Aug 4, 2020, 00:4208/04/20
06/30/20

WatchdogCZ said:

Are you sure? I dare say the team compositon and the choice of an Aura matter much much more than the Team Power (and yes, I am very well aware that I was incredibly lucky with my pulls):

You take out Siphi and I beat the hell out of you 100/100 match.

You thougth I'm crying about Arena in forum is because I am weak ? If Plarium not buff defend team too much & set all strong opponents around me, they no way to push me down. 

Aug 4, 2020, 01:4708/04/20
Aug 4, 2020, 01:48(edited)
07/05/19

Trips said:

I didn't say it was going to determine the winner.  I said it was very useful.  Siphi + Rotos is a bad example regardless, lol.

Aura is important, speed is important, team comp is important.  I can gauge all of these by looking at the opponent, why would I want power to include data I already know?

With all due respect, it's because not everyone are like you Trips!

Currently, I honestly think legendaries are calculated too low in the team power formula, and so is speed.

With enough speed, a 60k team power can annihilate a team with "balanced" stats double it's team power.

And then there's no way a level 60 rare should be counted the same as a level 60 legendary, even with the same stat, the legendary skills trumps the rare every single time.

I'm not asking for a 100% accurate team power that a 100,000 team power should lose 100% to a 100,001 team power, but it needs to be more representative.

For example my Doompriest is right now rated at only 12k power and my Jizoh is at 67k, while both usually are the last two standing in my team.

I mean, currently, does anyone even know what the formula is for counting tram power?

Aug 4, 2020, 05:0208/04/20
04/13/20

@Trips - You missed my point. Actually, the Siphi + Rotos combo is a great example of how little Team Power means. Exactly due to the fact that those two champions pose danger to much more "powerful" teams, unless they have a counter build.

@Ident20 - You missed my point by a mile. I was not bragging and whether you can or cannot beat my team if I remove Siphi matters not at all. My point was to show that even a team nearly twice as "powerful" could be beaten if the "weaker" team has a strong build. The strong combo I showed proves that Team Power alone is not something to rely on when choosing one's opponents. I consider anyone advising on the contrary to be plain wrong.
Aug 4, 2020, 05:2808/04/20
02/24/20

I doubt there's even a factoring of team power when it comes to arena matchups. My offense team consists of 3 fully ascended and full-masteries 60s champs of Yannica, Khoronar, Stag, and a level 50 fully ascended Seeker with 1 red scroll mastery. The speed levels of these champs aren't the greatest with only Stag having a 176 and 120 to 150 on the others. Even 176 speed doesn't let me go first more than half the time - IN SILVER I. It's absolutely ludicrous.

The matchups I get are anywhere from 70k to 150k team power. I'm in silver I with the occasional survival of silver II. I too have been obliterated by teams full of rares with high speed (Kael/Warmaiden/Apothecary/etc) and of players that I now suspect have been idle for far too long who have been beaten week after week after each reset to plummet down from higher tiers because it only takes one loss for an inactive team to drop them down the ladder, and now you have teams that were likely strong enough for an active silver IV tier but overpower anything in silver I.

All being said, it's frustrating at times to grind in dungeons to try to get higher grinding in arena in order to grind higher in dungeons for gear for CB. It's vicious and cyclical enough without having to deal with teams that are idle. I really like playing this game to the point where I've used gems to max the masteries of 4 champions over time, but at times I only do enough for dailies and using CB keys as I'm constantly coming across teams that shouldn't be at my tier as more and more players have stopped playing and fall to my tier.

Aug 4, 2020, 05:2808/04/20
06/30/20
WatchdogCZ said:

@Trips - You missed my point. Actually, the Siphi + Rotos combo is a great example of how little Team Power means. Exactly due to the fact that those two champions pose danger to much more "powerful" teams, unless they have a counter build.

@Ident20 - You missed my point by a mile. I was not bragging and whether you can or cannot beat my team if I remove Siphi matters not at all. My point was to show that even a team nearly twice as "powerful" could be beaten if the "weaker" team has a strong build. The strong combo I showed proves that Team Power alone is not something to rely on when choosing one's opponents. I consider anyone advising on the contrary to be plain wrong.
Siphi is OP, otherwise all power indicators should be correct and useful. It may not tell 2 different champs who are weaker or stronger but when compare 2 same champs it should be correct. 
Aug 4, 2020, 05:3408/04/20
06/30/20
Dave said:

I doubt there's even a factoring of team power when it comes to arena matchups. My offense team consists of 3 fully ascended and full-masteries 60s champs of Yannica, Khoronar, Stag, and a level 50 fully ascended Seeker with 1 red scroll mastery. The speed levels of these champs aren't the greatest with only Stag having a 176 and 120 to 150 on the others. Even 176 speed doesn't let me go first more than half the time - IN SILVER I. It's absolutely ludicrous.

I only go 1st about 5% in Classic Arena, but in Tag Team Arena, my team go 1st half of the time, I even surprised when seeing my team go first (after months got hit first). I would tell Plarium FORGET TO BUFF DEFEND TEAMS in TAG TEAM ARENA. Pssst! Don't say it loud or Plarium will update in next patch. 
Aug 4, 2020, 06:3208/04/20
04/14/20

WatchdogCZ said:

Pretty sure you're the one missing his point, again. :P For some weird reason, the biggest factor in determining team power seems to be resistance. When he says that he finds the power rating as it is useful, it's because it allows him to spot teams with a surprisingly high power for the champions they have - meaning they are likely to have massive resistance and you should take that into account when deciding whether to attack them. On the other hand, a team with surprisingly low power for its ranking / for its champions, is likely to be ultra fast but squishy, if you can somehow outspeed them or survive the speed nuke with most of your team intact. 

So although higher or lower power by itself doesn't say much about whether you can beat the other team or not, it does give you some additional information to assess the team, on top of what you can see from the champions themselves.  
Aug 4, 2020, 17:5808/04/20
12/19/19

L9753 said:

WatchdogCZ said:

Pretty sure you're the one missing his point, again. :P For some weird reason, the biggest factor in determining team power seems to be resistance. When he says that he finds the power rating as it is useful, it's because it allows him to spot teams with a surprisingly high power for the champions they have - meaning they are likely to have massive resistance and you should take that into account when deciding whether to attack them. On the other hand, a team with surprisingly low power for its ranking / for its champions, is likely to be ultra fast but squishy, if you can somehow outspeed them or survive the speed nuke with most of your team intact. 

So although higher or lower power by itself doesn't say much about whether you can beat the other team or not, it does give you some additional information to assess the team, on top of what you can see from the champions themselves.  

Yes. This is what I was saying.

But I am jealous of your siphi/rotos combo! LOL