All Categories

Tag team elitism

Tag team elitism

Search
Jul 27, 2020, 06:4707/27/20
08/26/19

Tag team elitism

I wasn't sure how to name this post, it's not really a critic but more of a realisation.

I reached Silver2 today. This time unlike the previous week, it was a bit rocky.

Then I realized 12500 player only made it to Silver2. Not much to celebrate, I am probably at the bottom of those 12500. And then it hit me.

I could, on theory, already see where I will place in 6 weeks when the gold4 guys finaly take their throne and leave the noob bracket... 

So I figured, I'm at the bottom of the 12500. I think if I am lucky and hard working, I would be around rank 10k... 

So I checked the sum of g4, g3, g2 and g1... And it's around 8k. 

Turns out i probably won't reach gold. Well it's okay, I won't die from it but I still realize it means I won't be able to buy the lego book or the chicken5. 

Only 8k people will be able.

Doesnt it fell like a waste of coding somehow? 

All of this, only to have 8k people enjoy a whole third of the bazar interface. 

I just had an idea - as I write this post - how about a price promotion depending on the arena tier? 

For example allow bronze to buy from silver or gold but with a price penalty? 

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 27, 2020, 08:5407/27/20
03/22/19

I totally feel for you. The late installment of Platinum league and this 3v3 Tag thing seem are both for minority of Raid Player base. (I mean, The whales) 

I simply don't get it. Normal game company would try to make everyone happy. So every player buys a little/a lot packs, depends on their financial status. 

But what Plarium is doing here is trying to please the whales, and the whales only. Platinum league is only 300 people. Tag Arena Gold 4 is only 1200. Does those 1500 (well probably the 300 from Platinum are included in the 1200ish from Gold 4) players make most of profit for Raid? Why are you trying so damn hard to please such a small group of players? 

The promised PVE content is never delivered. The season 2 battle pass is also delayed. And with today's 20min maintenance right before Arena reset. Wow, just WOW.

I dropped out of Platinum league as some are still able to attack me during this period, while I'm just keep getting "server is on maintenance please try later". 

Probably gonna take a break from the game for now.

Jul 29, 2020, 18:3307/29/20
09/11/19
The richer are becoming richer and therefore the poorer becomes poorer. And it is harder and harder to get to the top