Now why should I hold my Arena Tier?

Search
Jul 21, 2020, 09:5107/21/20
07/05/19

Now that I have finished 50 silver medal collection

https://imgur.com/gallery/B0wIeBb

My question to Plarium is, why should I hold my position in silver? I can assure you that at the very least I can hold my position in silver 1.

But to build my grand hall, which is still very far from upgrading to the silver level, it would be more cost effective for me if I go to Bronze 4 or maybe even Bronze 3

I mean Even this guy do it 

https://imgur.com/gallery/zfYysDE

This is the problem I have been saying since a month a go, the problem in Bronze is not a decaying abandoned account it's active accounts degrading themselves to look for easy targets to build their grand hall.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 21, 2020, 18:0307/21/20
05/26/20

Hmm.. intriguing theory. It has been argued that there is no incentive to downgrade because the perks of being in a higher tier + the exchange rate makes it worthwhile to stay where you are.

On the other hand, if you are strong enough to win consistently in Bronze against the newer players, then those medals are guaranteed rather than taking a chance on a fair fight or stronger opponent in Silver or Gold.

In this scenario, the intentional downgrade would only be beneficial up until the GH build for Bronze is complete. That's a fair amount of time, plus the tactic could be repeated for Silver ranks, which would be even longer.

Regardless, the end result is Arena currently causes far more frustration than it should. Long-term it will drive players away. Hope thier 2.10 adjustment makes a difference.
Jul 21, 2020, 18:3707/21/20
12/19/19

Because Silver medals are better than bronze.  And it is better to get ACC and RES to 4/5/6 then upgrade ATK to 2/3.  Staying in Bronze is a poor choice unless you absolutely can't win at all in Silver.  I am guessing B4/S1 are very similar.  Plus, it is only going to get harder to move up....100% guarantee whatever changes isn't going to help.  

It is not inactive accounts

It is not bots

It is not bad matchmaking algorithms

It is INFLATION.  Arena is just like a ponzi scheme hitting the tipping point.  You need low level accounts to fill the bottom... lol.  I am shocked that so few people agree with me on what the underlying problem is.

PvE is a static target.  PvP is not.  A major overhaul would be required at this point, does anyone really think Plarium is capable of doing this? LMAO
Jul 21, 2020, 18:4507/21/20
04/13/20

Another possible reason might be the missions such as to kill 75 champions in the Arena.

Downgrading a bit might allow easy farming up to the original tier.
Jul 21, 2020, 18:4607/21/20
Jul 21, 2020, 18:47(edited)
05/26/20

I'm not saying you are wrong Trips, just that I hope you are.

Because the writing is on the wall if something doesn't give.

I get it, Raid is a long-haul game. But it stops being fun when what you have to out into it far surpassed what you get out of it. 

People HAVE to play arena. You don't get the choice to opt-out (unless you want to gimp yourself and give up an energy refill every day). Accepting that you have to take nothing but losses in 1-sided matchups for the foreseeable future is too bitter of a pill for most people to swallow. 

If they DON'T do something drastic to arena then it will be the slow death of the game. 

It's a shame, really. Raid has a lot going for it.
Jul 21, 2020, 23:2907/21/20
Jul 21, 2020, 23:30(edited)
07/05/19

Rauthma said:

I'm not saying you are wrong Trips, just that I hope you are.

Because the writing is on the wall if something doesn't give.

I get it, Raid is a long-haul game. But it stops being fun when what you have to out into it far surpassed what you get out of it. 

People HAVE to play arena. You don't get the choice to opt-out (unless you want to gimp yourself and give up an energy refill every day). Accepting that you have to take nothing but losses in 1-sided matchups for the foreseeable future is too bitter of a pill for most people to swallow. 

If they DON'T do something drastic to arena then it will be the slow death of the game. 

It's a shame, really. Raid has a lot going for it.

TBH, before the Silver 1 mission, I was quite happy in just auto-ing the arena and take whatever result it gave me, as long as I get the 5 tries in Arena daily quests

And honestly, I don't think people actually mind it. Because win or lose those 5 matches, people still get the reward, it's when they have to win (like in the progress mission requirements) is when people start to feel aggravated, because then it means effort in the part of the game where it is the hardest part of the game

And many times the immediate reward doesn't even justify the effort... I mean 30k silver for collecting 50 silver medals? That's crazy!

Really hope some sort of rearrangement is being prepared by Plarium