All Categories

Reached Silver 1 in Arena on day 35 of F2P account

Search
Jul 17, 2020, 15:3307/17/20
06/14/20

I would like to start off by saying I agree reaching Silver 1 mission needs to be removed or pushed much further down the Missions order, as I write this I met the requirements for the next 42 missions and was only held up by the reach Silver 1. I have now achieved this as a F2P player on Day 35 of the account. Here's how I did it:

My team and their role:

Apothecary - Speed buffer, healer (High Khatun is f2p and better in this role, however I have only had her 5 days so she is not built yet)

Elhain - Nuker. My starter champ (Kael is a better option for this but I did not know this when I started my account).

Warmaiden - Defense Down debuffer, secondary damage dealer (f2p and easy to book by farming her in campaign)

Bellower/Runic Warder - Tank/Utility - This one is optional, anybody can fit this role, I tried a second nuker here with pretty poor results. A 4th guy offering a bit of survivability and support seemed to fair much better. If you don't have Bellower/Runic Warder there are plenty of campaign farmable guys you can stick in here Diabolist/Marked would work.

Gear wise they are all in 3/4/5 star campaign farmed or rewarded gear from quests/tournaments. Most have rings but no banners or amulets. Elhain and Warmaiden are in lifesteal, Apothecary is 3 sets of speed, your tank wants to be in high hp or high def depending which benefits their character most. This is the same gear they wear in campaign/dungeons, I don't have enough gear or silver to switch things in and out.

I also have no champs with full masteries, my great hall has 1 rank in accuracy for all except Force which I upgraded to 3 so Warmaiden can hit her defense down more easily.

This isn't easy as without a speed aura lead I had to be very careful about which fights I picked (if you have a fast high khatun you have way more options available to you). I got to within 1 win of silver 1 on 4 previous occasions on the last 2 weeks only for me to be stomped down to Bronze 3 again, I finally made it today to beat the mission, knowing full well to progress higher I will likely need better champs and gear.

To sum up, it's tough but not impossible to get to Silver 1, I have poor gear, few masteries, no amulets or banners and I lost my temper on 500000 occasions but I finally got there. Avoid speed aura lead fights if they have a defense down champion in their lineup unless you have a speed aura yourself and are confident of being faster.
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 17, 2020, 17:1307/17/20
06/30/20

Consider this is champs design failure when every uses same old setup with same old champs for year long. 

The speed setup for years long is: High Katun/Spirithose (speed buff), Apocathery (preemptive turn-meter buff), Warnaiden (decrease enemy defend), Kael (aoe nuke).

Plarium already designed 100+ characters (epic/rare/uncommon/common) but the above setup is still very strong compare to all other combinations. If everyone only need to use 4 - 6 champs like that, I would say the rest (most of champs) are failed designs. 

Jul 17, 2020, 21:4807/17/20
07/05/19

I always consider these "I can do it in my F2P alt account" posts to be unnecessary and stupid.

Why? Well d'uh! You're an experienced player, you know which hero that should be leveled up immediately, you know where the books should go, you know what to buy with those gems, you know which hero is not needed and can be used as food.

Basically with all the freebies resource you get on a new account you can just do the same on your main account but this is just an excuse to get that refferal bonus thing disguised as "I put myself as a new player" kind of posts

Ultimately you just point out to Plarium, that Arena doesn't need a fix because this "F2P" account can do it. 
Jul 18, 2020, 03:2807/18/20
04/18/20
Well u lucky I'm at over 90 days and only made silver they keep putting arena events on witch keeps pushing the stronger players who are probably inactive down to lower teirs so we at lower lvl carnt get nowhere
Jul 18, 2020, 03:3907/18/20
04/18/20

Jinglehunter with all speed sets with speed on every armour peice over 270 speed and I still went last ppl have no imagination same old teams no mix up where's the challenge or fun it's just lame to use the same team as everyone else