All Categories

This game is NOT f2p

This game is NOT f2p

Search
Jul 14, 2020, 22:0507/14/20
05/25/20

This game is NOT f2p

well i'm kinda new about those type of games, but i'm a veteran gamer, spent hours and hours on almost every ''bigger'' title.

it's 2 months that i started to play raid and i have to admit that the game itself is fun. the HUGE problem about that is that you have to pay for every little thing, as a f2p (after the first 2-3 days with all the energy boost from lvl up) you basically play the DEMO. i think is really needed to give players at least 2 more energy refill per day. this will not affect whales spending but can encourage much more player to remain and play more than 20-30 days. a lot of my friends played 1-2 week and then they got stuck and quit, to improve account without spending hundred of bucks is REALLY REALLY REAALLY slow, plus you can't ever compete on tournaments and or events since all the points required are IMPOSSIBLE to be reach without spending on energy refill. 

this game is really the quintessence of ''GIVE US ALL UR MONEY''

after the 1st week i would rate this game 4.5/5 now i'm thinking of give it a 1... cause i'm tecnically playing a DEMO as a f2p
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 14, 2020, 23:0807/14/20
06/22/19

Technically, the game is Free-To-Play. 

If you want to compete in Every tournament the game presented to you, it is not Free-To-Win. 

Jul 15, 2020, 01:0707/15/20
Jul 15, 2020, 01:31(edited)
07/05/19

Having played these kids of Freemium games since Friendster era (I bet 95% of you doesn't know what Friendster is), I can honestly say Raid is actually really generous on their freebies, specially for a game that has run this long, other games of this kind usually  have cut off their freebies for 50%-75%

As for energy, geez what are you people doing in the game? I honestly sometimes can't even spend all of the bonus free refills given by this game!

Freemium games like this is not something you should be playing in long sessions! If you find yourself playing any mobile freemium games for more than 2 hours a day, I would suggest for you to buy a game console!

Mobile games are meant to play in burst of 10-30 minutes while you're waiting for something else in your daily routine.

BUT having said that, Plarium you need to fix your classic arena ASAP because Bronze is still a mess... I've fought lots of full legendaries team in Bronze 4

Jul 15, 2020, 05:4407/15/20
05/13/20

JoinME said:

If you want to compete in Every tournament the game presented to you, it is not Free-To-Win. 

Depend...if it translate get pass Silver Rank, WHICH SUPPOSED TO BE EASY FOR NEWBIE, it is not Free to Play.
Jul 15, 2020, 05:5507/15/20
07/05/19
downonluck said:

JoinME said:

Depend...if it translate get pass Silver Rank, WHICH SUPPOSED TO BE EASY FOR NEWBIE, it is not Free to Play.
Hence the correct term is FREEMIUM
Jul 15, 2020, 11:2407/15/20
Jul 15, 2020, 11:25(edited)
06/30/20
JoinME said:

This guy tell the truth, it's free to download and play, it's also free to be beaten daily by other online players, it only cost you money when you want to beat them. 
Jul 15, 2020, 14:5507/15/20
05/26/20

OzzLee said:

BUT having said that, Plarium you need to fix your classic arena ASAP because Bronze is still a mess... I've fought lots of full legendaries team in Bronze 4

Here! Here!

That's my only complaint. I kind of like the gambling aspect of pulling champs. Yes it's disappointing to get crap pulls, but when you get a good one it feels that much better.

I don't mind the slow grind. I can level chickens while I work if I have the energy, or wait until the daily reset and do it in the evening (happens at 5pm for my time zone).

Pretty much everything in the game has goals you can measure and achieve (some faster than others), EXCEPT arena. I'm about to hit my 60 day on tonight's reset and in the relatively short time I've been playing arena has gotten worse and worse. There was a stint where I could climb up the ranks. I even hit Silver a few times and got a handful of silver medals. Then I was stuck in high Bronze 4. Now I'm in low Bronze 4 with winnable (meaning chance to win, not easy guaranteed) getting less and less common on refreshes. 

Look around this forum. Arena is by far the #1 complaint players have about this game. 

You would think Plarium would make it a higher priority, especially with all of the great suggestions many players have made that would certainly alleviate some of the frustration.

Jul 15, 2020, 17:2007/15/20
05/25/20
well... arena is the ENDgame part, so i understand that is hard to cimb it. The problem of being a F2p is that ur char progression is SO drammatically slow. OK imagine this, after the initial burst and pumping you have, i mean the 1st 20-30 days of game where you have a lot of gems, energy and days of double char exp by leveling up fast. after that you reach lvl 50ish and if you played correctly you should have 2 max 3 (rare) chars lvl 60 maxed out 1 starter 1 warmaiden and if you're lucky enough 1 apothecary. then you wanna build the 4th char to 60 but you have no gems, no double exp, and no more books. how long it takes to fully upgrate it as a pure f2p? i think something like 30-40 days  to lvl it to 60, ascend it, book it, and unlock all the masteries. This is INSANELY slow and boring, that's why 99% of the f2p players quit the game after 1 max 2 months. i rly think plarium should make the game more accessible to f2p users (they will probably sometimes even spend some euros on something) and this ofc will not affect the HUGE whales spenders (i mean people who spend 10-20k euros). but at least it will increase the number of f2p users. This will balance the arenas too. more f2p users = much more easy team to beat on the arena = rebalancing on arenas ( no more full legend team on silver1). i rly want to know a true stat about the f2p users after 60 days.... i think there are very FEW players who never spend and still play the game after 1-2 months
Jul 15, 2020, 18:0907/15/20
07/05/19

For me to upgrade a rare to lvl 60 probably will take me a week...

Gear is where its kinda hard, since looking for specific stats and sub stats needs some luck, but once you get to brutal, it kinda gets easier, at least for placeholder equipments, before you grind  on dragons/ice golem/fire knight

And its only harder for the first hero, as you build a stockpile of unused equipments from previous gearing. 

Books is the next step, outside of the freebies you want to win them from events/tournaments, with the right preparation you can get the rare books or even epic books. Clan boss also drops book starting from Brutal difficulty I think.

For ascencion, it literaly take a me a day to get the ingredients

Masteries is the easiest di one of all, if you build your mines up to level 3 and participate in stuffs, collecting 800 gems is easy, and voila, full masteries!

I get my first 2 heroes masteries by using gems, and now I can farm minotaur, I farm it. But I'm still hoarding 800 gems for masteries. And NO I didn't buy them, gems are literally everywhere in this game

As I said, I've played thjs kind of games since long tine a go, and I am telling you, Raid is really high on the list of being accesible to F2P.

But don't take my word for it... Why don't you just try other similar games and experience yourself with the jungle that is the Freemium games market
Jul 15, 2020, 18:4507/15/20
05/25/20
well... let's do some math, you get 10 gems by daily quest, 15 by mine (if you previously spend 1500 gems on it) wich is 25 gems per day. let's say you can earn 10 more gems per day (average stat) by tournaments/events so it's 35 gems per day (wich is rly optimistic)  to reach 800 gemms is 23 days. next, you rly can get a champ to lvl 60 in only 1 week without having double exp? i dont think so, i farm 12.3 brutal (wich is the BEST spot) and i barley need 1 week to get a champ to 60 with DOUBLE champ exp. then ascenction 1day? from 0 to 6 even on a rare it takes 2-3 days, killing ofc the lvl 15 keep (and they are even on a weekly rotation) well let's take all you say true, you need 1 week for lvl 0 to 60 (wich is NOT possible on f2p) 1 day for full ascention, 23 days for 800 gems is 30 days to get a champ full, not booked. 30 days! and we are SO optimistic about that, and we farm alrdy the maximum speed possible (12.3 brutal, minotaur 15, keeps lvl 15). i rly think you are a plarium employee faking to be an happy player.
Jul 16, 2020, 02:5607/16/20
07/05/19

It's called timing and preparation!

Question: how do you collect your reward and or freebies? Specially things like energy refill and 2x XP?
Jul 16, 2020, 07:3607/16/20
04/12/19

OzzLee said:

It's called timing and preparation!

Question: how do you collect your reward and or freebies? Specially things like energy refill and 2x XP?

exactly that.

keep all extra energy unclaimed (200 from monthly, refills from weekly, energy rewards from tournaments / events) until it is either time to get them and complete weekly / monthly or event expires.

get 2x exp from weekly and use all energy you have amassed within those 24h - for lv60 account it means 720 energy available daily (130 x2 refills from daily / timer + 24h of ticking) + 2 refills from weekly + extras like events or monthly ...

when you are f2p - every move you make counts. If you don't do it right you fail. spender can just spend more to offset mistakes, f2p will need to live with them ... or quit.