All Categories

Gem investment for F2P

Gem investment for F2P

Search
Jul 8, 2020, 06:4507/08/20
07/31/19

Gem investment for F2P

i m a F2P player. i have opened all the mines.. and unlocked mastery for relickeeper with gems... i want to ask you guys whether i should buy a big shard pack or unlock mastery for kael (Who is going to be lvl 60 soon) ?

my noticeable team are : frozen banshee, warmaiden, fleshmonger, valla, executioner, bulowark 
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 8, 2020, 06:5707/08/20
06/30/20

It's the choice and either choice is good. 

If my gems is limited I would spend for blue shards, but I only pull them in x2 event because I may get an epic champ. 

Jul 8, 2020, 07:4007/08/20
04/12/20

Resoram valrie said:

i m a F2P player. i have opened all the mines.. and unlocked mastery for relickeeper with gems... i want to ask you guys whether i should buy a big shard pack or unlock mastery for kael (Who is going to be lvl 60 soon) ?

my noticeable team are : frozen banshee, warmaiden, fleshmonger, valla, executioner, bulowark 

Res,

The choice for yourself is whether you want guaranteed positive results from your gems (getting Kael all his masteries) or if you would like to play the lottery. As referred to above you are better saving shards for a 2x event if possible or at the very minimum a summoning event.

The shards could get you nothing (usually will) or if you are lucky you get a game changing champion.

You will never know the best way to spend those gems until you have used them.

As a FTP player I personally would recommend Kael if you are early game and looking to progress quickly.

If you have strong champions that can get you through content for 6 star gear and are progressing in the arena the blue shards would be a good option.

Hopefully this is helpful and continue to enjoy raiding

GC

Jul 8, 2020, 07:5807/08/20
07/05/19

As a low spender myself here's my priority for gems:

1. Mines (full upgrade to lvl 3)

2. Training pit slots (just open them no need to upgrade)

3. Open up all market slots

4. Masteries of your favourite heroes

I only buy shards if I have gems to spare.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:4407/08/20
12/19/19
Mistake 1 was Relickeeper...ugh.  
Jul 8, 2020, 14:1007/08/20
Jul 8, 2020, 14:17(edited)
05/29/20

Hi, my opinion, FWIW.  Dont buy shards. It's a waste of gems, or more precisely, a potential for a huge waste of gems. 

I'd use them for masteries personally. If you dont want to grind minos for centuries. I'm taking the advice of all these fine people right here when they said to me get good farmers up in masteries, so you can take other champions in minos one at a time, and hopefully farm mino 15. All scrolls will go to the chaperoned..every one else should be maxed 

(Edit)

In fact my wife threatened me if I were to spend money on this game, but she bought me a gift card for our anniversary.... hm?

So I bought the daily gem pack, just for masteries mind you. 

Aaaand I bought some shards too... got my first soul bound, rest were really not worth it... lesson learned for me

Jul 8, 2020, 14:4207/08/20
12/19/19

SCArmoury said:

Hi, my opinion, FWIW.  Dont buy shards. It's a waste of gems, or more precisely, a potential for a huge waste of gems. 

I'd use them for masteries personally. If you dont want to grind minos for centuries. I'm taking the advice of all these fine people right here when they said to me get good farmers up in masteries, so you can take other champions in minos one at a time, and hopefully farm mino 15. All scrolls will go to the chaperoned..every one else should be maxed 

(Edit)

In fact my wife threatened me if I were to spend money on this game, but she bought me a gift card for our anniversary.... hm?

So I bought the daily gem pack, just for masteries mind you. 

Aaaand I bought some shards too... got my first soul bound, rest were really not worth it... lesson learned for me

I agree. Shards are bad investment.  

Who is starter champ?  Bulwark and FB are good CB champs, but you are obviously early in game.  I would not open market slots.  If you chose Kael, I would get him to 60.  Otherwise post a screenshot of roster.  With Relickeeper as your 1st choice I am not sure if an optimal strategy other than starting over... LOL
Jul 8, 2020, 19:3607/08/20
10/26/19

Unless you can auto T15 mino, go for the masteries. Once u can auto you should hoard gems for 2 reasons:

1. If you don't get anything interesting from x2 for sacreds, you can buy extra shards for potential new good champ

2. If you get a good champ or an upgrade to your current one, you can buy masteries for him/her immediately

That said you also want to have all slots open for market and at least one extra slot for sparing pit(but I recommend maxing it if you don't have anyone waiting for masteries) 
Jul 8, 2020, 20:2207/08/20
12/19/19
Curious as to the benefit of opening extra market slots?  I've seen a few recommend this, I don't see value in that at all.  Please share what I am missing here.
Jul 8, 2020, 21:2207/08/20
04/13/20
Trips said:

Curious as to the benefit of opening extra market slots?  I've seen a few recommend this, I don't see value in that at all.  Please share what I am missing here.
Some very good deals may appear in the locked market slots, such as blue shards. I have gotten quite a few already for 200k silver per shard.
Jul 8, 2020, 23:1507/08/20
07/05/19

Trips said:

For me personally, the daily green shard provided by the market is the one that can sustain my "food" producing grind when I have the 2x experience bonus thing

And then the occasionally blue shard for 200k silver

And for early accounts, some nice gear pop up often, but once you progress the gear does become less and less enticing.