All Categories

My summary of the game

My summary of the game

Search
Jul 3, 2020, 20:4907/03/20
07/01/20

My summary of the game

Hello,

I've been playing this game for awhile and have played similar games in the past. Here are my pros and cons of Raid:Shadow Legends.

Cons:

-No free market that gives players the ability to trade

-No real-time pvp or co-op. I'm stuck in my own little world

-No ability to make pre-set teams for quickly selecting champions for different missions/tasks

-The energy system. An obvious cash-grab. Let us play as much as we want. We will still spend money.

-No friends list and no way to send in-game mail to other players

-Referral system doesn't work for many people, including myself

-Annoying adds for items from the cash shop

-Prices are a little high for shards. You can get a bad legendary or a duplicate after spending $50+

-Arena lists are often very mismatched

Pros:

-Good graphics

-Plenty of content variety, dungeons, keeps, etc.

-Easy-to-use interface

-Impressive amount of free rewards for log-in, quests, challenges, etc.

-Auto system and 2x speed

-Wide array of champions to collect

-Fun, intuitive gearing system

-Global events, tournaments, etc.

I will probably be tired of this game soon, mostly because of the lack of real pvp and co-op, but I wanted to leave my thoughts before that happened.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 3, 2020, 21:0307/03/20
12/19/19

Biggest CON: Terrible AI.  A game of strategy where you are forced to workaround terrible auto-play.

I think the energy is sufficient for F2P.  Shard prices are outrageous.  Scarcity of books is worse.  No point in getting multiple legos for f2p with no books.  The amount of decent rares/epics is sufficient though.
Jul 5, 2020, 01:0807/05/20
05/03/20

The arena is my biggest complaint.  2 months and I have climbed to mid B4.  Last night I was just shy of silver.  Turned on the game today and I was back in B3.  The monster teams had been beating my defense all night long.  If I did not need arena for daily quests and clan, I would dump it. 

At least they dont take away Town Hall points when my defense loses. 
Jul 5, 2020, 04:4807/05/20
Jul 5, 2020, 04:49(edited)
01/18/20

Depend on when you started.

- from 6/2019 and still playing: you love this game 80% - 99%, it was much easier before, arena is easier, shards also easier, green shards gave more rare, blue shards gave more epic/legend, clan boss also easier, you may fight non-stop if you could revive your champs forever. 

- from 10/2019 till now: you may love this game 60 - 99%, if you don't quit.

- from 01/2020 till now: you may love this game 40 - 80%, if you don't blame developer; you will need 100 blue shards/10 sacred shards for a B rank lego, CA champs throw a big word to your face: CASH, clan boss kick you out after 20 turns, arena let you refresh 10 times for 1 defeat-able opponent. 

- from 06/2020 to future: you will not love this game, quit before you could start, arena: you never reach Silver. Mission/Challenge: stuck at Arena task, to earn S, A ranks champs must use $$$$$$$; no challenging in all tournaments because you have no chance to compete to people do stage 20 (in seconds), everytime you show your ass to online people you got kick. 
Jul 5, 2020, 09:3507/05/20
01/15/20

hi gamers  

about the arena there's also one "little" thing boring me since six months :

if the devs doesn't want to give us compatible adversarys perhaps they could change the 3 hours reward connexion !

For me every days this "great" reward go to the trash, it's unfair !! probably i'm not alone so what about you? we have to lose on purpose just to use it ? what's the idea please cos i don't understand ?

good game all

P.S: excuse-me for my poor english ...

Jul 6, 2020, 04:2907/06/20
05/26/20

Arena is my only compliant. The scarcity of good shard pulls is fine. I like the excitement of cracking them open. Grinding champs to 60 is fairly miserable, but at least it's an attainable goal.

The arena is causing me enough frustration that I will eventually quit playing over it if they don't make it a priority and fix it before my 90 days is finished. As it is I have vowed not to spend any more money on this game until they do (and I hope other players do the same).

Read through this forum. Arena system is BY FAR the #1 complaint. If Plarium doesn't care enough to fix it, then I have no desire to spend my time and money on their game.

3V3 should have never released while the classic arena is this jacked up.
Jul 6, 2020, 04:4407/06/20
08/21/18

Its real easy. Fix the Ferdling Arena. At the very least. get rid of the roadblock in Missions.  

Maybe we can live with the fact that people that joined 12 months ago, got silver and gold medals like Candy (even F2P back then). But when you see that you have completed almost EVERY mission after the Silver I one, you kinda think WTF?  
Jul 6, 2020, 04:5307/06/20
05/26/20

Ser Jimm said:

Its real easy. Fix the Ferdling Arena. At the very least. get rid of the roadblock in Missions.  

Maybe we can live with the fact that people that joined 12 months ago, got silver and gold medals like Candy (even F2P back then). But when you see that you have completed almost EVERY mission after the Silver I one, you kinda think WTF?  

What's even worse is when you do manage to dip in to Silver 1, it's almost impossible to find a fair fight. So congrats, you reached Silver 1! But guess what? A few easy missions later you have to get 50 Silver medals! Good luck with that.

I've hit Silver 1 several times only to get knocked down to low Bronze 4 while I slept. I put a lot of work into building my arena team and Plarium just kicks me in the nuts for every improvement and well-fought battle I'm lucky enough to have a decent chance at. It is the most imaginative and unrewarding system possible. Speed speed speed. So lame.

Jul 6, 2020, 05:3007/06/20
Jul 6, 2020, 05:33(edited)
05/03/20

Rauthma said:

Ser Jimm said:

What's even worse is when you do manage to dip in to Silver 1, it's almost impossible to find a fair fight. So congrats, you reached Silver 1! But guess what? A few easy missions later you have to get 50 Silver medals! Good luck with that.

I've hit Silver 1 several times only to get knocked down to low Bronze 4 while I slept. I put a lot of work into building my arena team and Plarium just kicks me in the nuts for every improvement and well-fought battle I'm lucky enough to have a decent chance at. It is the most imaginative and unrewarding system possible. Speed speed speed. So lame.

Sadly they see it as new people will either spend a few bucks to try and get champs even if they quit after they still got money from them. Ill admit I spent 50 the first week i played and got a lot of good champs to help me progress faster than i should have because i got bronze 4 in like a month of playing, but my champs had no where near close to the gear they needed to keep progressing so i have been stuck there ever since.

So basically just remember that it's not a thing that has to be done right away, because don't forget that the challenges also have you reach silver 1 and then collect 30 silver medals, before the missions even ask you to get the medals lol, and just go back to it as you get stronger.

But even with all that being said, the biggest problem to arena is the inactive teams getting deranked and sitting in bronze currently so you can't attack and get wins more than you get attacked and get loses. If they removed the inactive teams the match ups would be way more balanced across all the arena teirs.

Currently 3v3 has the least inactive teams and its just everyone is grouped together so the whales are still fighting the free players, but once the whales move up the tiers will be more balanced since the stronger teams will be a higher rank.
Jul 6, 2020, 07:5207/06/20
Jul 6, 2020, 07:55(edited)
04/12/19

LordVika said:

Sadly they see it as new people will either spend a few bucks to try and get champs even if they quit after they still got money from them. Ill admit I spent 50 the first week i played and got a lot of good champs to help me progress faster than i should have because i got bronze 4 in like a month of playing, but my champs had no where near close to the gear they needed to keep progressing so i have been stuck there ever since.

So basically just remember that it's not a thing that has to be done right away, because don't forget that the challenges also have you reach silver 1 and then collect 30 silver medals, before the missions even ask you to get the medals lol, and just go back to it as you get stronger.

But even with all that being said, the biggest problem to arena is the inactive teams getting deranked and sitting in bronze currently so you can't attack and get wins more than you get attacked and get loses. If they removed the inactive teams the match ups would be way more balanced across all the arena teirs.

Currently 3v3 has the least inactive teams and its just everyone is grouped together so the whales are still fighting the free players, but once the whales move up the tiers will be more balanced since the stronger teams will be a higher rank.

If you believe devs - inactive people DO get removed from arena ... after 30 days. that is 4-5 resets, depending which day they decided not to log in again. that means g4 can only drop to s3-s4 before being removed.

g4 capable teams in bronze are people staying there willingly:

- as a mean to kick plarium in the nuts for their approach to community (hard arena for new players, they quit, no money to devs), 

- 'i don't care about arena, I do 5 fights on auto for daily and i don't care where I end up being, might as well lose all 5'

currently 3v3 for me is 'ignore it and you will be better off':

- progressed to b2 after first reset (f2p, picking only fights I could win 3x7 or more points and good chance at winning based on composition / team power ... won all my offense, good ratio of wins on def)

- played like 5-10 tokens for whole week while in b2 - advanced to b3 having around 980 points (while top had like 2,8k ...)

with my def it is more beneficial to just not play it and let attackers lose to my def (+6 +6 -14 on attacker side means i get +2 after they spend their token ... even if their screen says they won on that token)

- if devs wont change their approach I plan not to use any tokens at all while in b3 - lets see if i end up in b4 or stay here ... I doubt I would be demoted.

Jul 6, 2020, 08:4607/06/20
01/18/20

LordVika said:

Rauthma said:

Ser Jimm said:

Most people here are old players, 2019, they reached Gold too easy, same to my 1st account started in January 2020, I did not remember how long I was in Silver, maybe just enough to passby, I went straight from Bronze passby Silver to Gold III,  because it was too easy in early 2020. 

When I started new account in June 2020, everything is much much harder, actually Arena is made harder in all stages, from Gold to Silver, Bronze, all refreshes return a list in which 10/10 could defeat me, in Gold 4: Abiter, Valkyrie, Madam Serris, SkullCrown everywhere, when I have none of them. The problem is whole Arena is made harder and all new players (from May 2020 to future) will suffer it. Forever.
Jul 10, 2020, 22:2307/10/20
02/29/20
Just make it so that great hall bonuses can be upgraded using bronze the whole way, or silver so no fighting for months trying to get hundreds of good gold arena matchups.