All Categories

Arena Issue?

Arena Issue?

Search
Jul 2, 2020, 16:3507/02/20
07/01/20

Arena Issue?

Hey Everyone

I just started a few days ago but i seem to have a problem with the Arena.

All of the teams I am being put against are full of 5 Star legendary Heroes that are 3-4 times as powerful as my current team.

Is there an issue with the matchmaking or a bug?

Thanks
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 2, 2020, 17:1207/02/20
07/05/19

Not a bug, but a well known issue on how Plarium set the arena. Basically Bronze are littered by abandoned accounts team that has slowly sink into the Bronze tier, hence super strong team that seemed to camp in the Bronze tier.

Sorry to say, there seem to be no indication of Plarium is going to fix this issue or not.
Jul 2, 2020, 22:0507/02/20
05/03/20

furrygiblets said:

Hey Everyone

I just started a few days ago but i seem to have a problem with the Arena.

All of the teams I am being put against are full of 5 Star legendary Heroes that are 3-4 times as powerful as my current team.

Is there an issue with the matchmaking or a bug?

Thanks

If you post a screen shot of your roster, there are some nice people here that will help you choose the right team and how to gear it.  I have been playing 2 months and am mid bronze 3.  Arena is not a priority for me.  I play only to get the daily rewards. 

Early game focus on campaign farming.  Get to brutal 12.3 for better gear and silver.  Then focus on Dragons.  At Dragons 13 you start getting 6^ gear. 
Jul 2, 2020, 22:4807/02/20
04/14/20
OzzLee said:

Not a bug, but a well known issue on how Plarium set the arena. Basically Bronze are littered by abandoned accounts team that has slowly sink into the Bronze tier, hence super strong team that seemed to camp in the Bronze tier.

Sorry to say, there seem to be no indication of Plarium is going to fix this issue or not.
They have repeatedly said they're planning to do something about it. How quickly that will be and how much difference it will make... we'll have to see. 
Jul 3, 2020, 01:3607/03/20
05/26/20
L9753 said:

They have repeatedly said they're planning to do something about it. How quickly that will be and how much difference it will make... we'll have to see. 
They better make that a priority. Failure to act is going to cost them more in the long run.
Jul 3, 2020, 02:5207/03/20
01/18/20

It's bronze 1.

Jul 3, 2020, 15:1107/03/20
12/19/19
L9753 said:

OzzLee said:

Have they really said this? Just curious, as it appears they are ignoring it.  Classic arena and the way they rolled out 3x3 clearly demonstrates they don't understand the mechanics of a player base with such a variety of tenures.
Jul 3, 2020, 15:4607/03/20
Jul 3, 2020, 15:47(edited)
08/18/15

This issue has been ongoing for over a year now. 

Arena missions haven't changed since beta. But the game has changed completely and arena has changed as well. Back then (autumn 2018-spring 2019) it was much easier to get wins in arena as the number of players was much lower and teams were not as strong. But it's all changed. I've witnessed it recently myself. I joined a small clan to help them kill the hard CB. Their clan leader has already fused Rhazin, he has multiple lvl 60s, but he can't do progress missions because he's still in silver arena tiers. He can't even get the gold medals! When I was starting the game it wasn't like that.

And it is not true that it's all because of old inactive accounts. It's not. I opened my old account, got to Silver 1-2 and there are plenty of players with account level higher than 60, with Wurlim the Frostking which means that they are active players, spending players. Last summer my team on that account was comfortably in gold 4, now I can't reach silver 4. 

Arena is broken. The opponents are very strong, it seems that matchmaking is selecting strong active players every time the page is refreshed. New players struggle, they can't progress, can't even do simple missions to lvl great hall bonus to lvl 4,5 or 6.

CMs and forum mods are failing to realize this, they don't understand what's going on and don't give the team behind the game the correct feedback.

I'm adding an example of teams in silver 2. It's crazy.

Jul 3, 2020, 15:5207/03/20
12/19/19
you are 100% correct. Inactive players are not the problem.  It is just that there are so many older accounts.
Jul 3, 2020, 16:0807/03/20
07/05/19

After testing the theory myself, I think the abandoned account thing happens to bronze 1 and 2

Bronze 3 and up at having a battle Royale problem, basically without any barriers that protect the lower tier players, high tier players are starting to prey on lower tier players for a guaranteed win, it's like heavyweight boxer are allowed to challenge a feather weight.

Now because it's a long standing problem, now even Bronze 4 accounts are filled with teams with full 6* fully ascended fully leveled legendaries

Plarium would need to act fast, as PvP for freemium games like this is the feature that enticed player to spend. But having an unbalanced PvP would actually scare would be payers
Jul 4, 2020, 05:1707/04/20
01/22/20
OzzLee said:

After testing the theory myself, I think the abandoned account thing happens to bronze 1 and 2

Bronze 3 and up at having a battle Royale problem, basically without any barriers that protect the lower tier players, high tier players are starting to prey on lower tier players for a guaranteed win, it's like heavyweight boxer are allowed to challenge a feather weight.

Now because it's a long standing problem, now even Bronze 4 accounts are filled with teams with full 6* fully ascended fully leveled legendaries

Plarium would need to act fast, as PvP for freemium games like this is the feature that enticed player to spend. But having an unbalanced PvP would actually scare would be payers
Like i am reading my topic and post bout arena issue long ago. And i compare same heavyweight boxer against the lightweight , which you will never see in real life no where, not even on the street  fights lol No balance at all. I see same stuff over and over again and nothing done but everything ignored!
Jul 5, 2020, 14:2607/05/20
09/18/19

I used to be in Gold 3-4, but something changed, and now opponents are so strong that I've slid to silver 3. I almost always face accounts that are higher than lvl 60 and often have more than 1 million of player power.

My wife quit playing because she couldn't even get past Bronze.

I don't know what the devs did to arena, but they definitely changed the way the game decides the opposition. This is what teams in silver look like these days (and this is not even the team that is at the very bottom of the page, it's 4th from the top):
Jul 5, 2020, 16:0107/05/20
07/05/19
Antonio said:

I used to be in Gold 3-4, but something changed, and now opponents are so strong that I've slid to silver 3. I almost always face accounts that are higher than lvl 60 and often have more than 1 million of player power.

I don't know what the devs did to arena, but they definitely changed the way the game decides the opposition. This is what teams in silver look like these days (and this is not even the team that is at the very bottom of the page, it's 4th from the top):
I'm starting to believe that Arena is rigged so we'll face higher powered team to force people to start coughing up money.
Jul 5, 2020, 18:2907/05/20
Jul 5, 2020, 18:30(edited)
05/09/20
OzzLee said:

Antonio said:

I'm starting to believe that Arena is rigged so we'll face higher powered team to force people to start coughing up money.
And then Some do spend and they are rewarded with trash epics and dupes. 
Jul 5, 2020, 19:1407/05/20
09/09/19
Both types of arena are very broken and Plarium doesn't seem to care because they still make money. It won't be fixed until it costs them revenue or something else more valuable to them.
Jul 5, 2020, 20:0907/05/20
06/01/20

so why not all just put 1 uncommon champion in defence in bronze ,so everyone got some free win and a chance to upgrade the hall?

Jul 5, 2020, 23:2407/05/20
05/26/20

Every now and then I break into Silver 1. Of course I almost immediately get knocked down again and my list is mostly Silver whales so it takes a while to get back, and then I'm at the mercy of the broken matchmaking system on whether I can earn any medals (which rarely goes in my favor).

I bust my butt to improve my arena team, but every improvement I seem to make is greatly eclipsed by the power of my opponent options. 

It's really screwed up.
Jul 5, 2020, 23:4207/05/20
12/19/19
It gets harder every day, lol. I am down to winning <70% in s2/3 which basically allows me to tread water. I just don't worry about it anymore, improve my team and if it gets fixed I'll be prepared in other areas of game (dungeons/CB).  I've been stuck in silver for 2 months, but I can do dragon20 and 4 key UNM CB.  I will replace my 4* Spirithost with HK and see if I can get enough speed to jump to S4.  I would like to regear Kael for a nuker but need in CB lifesteal still so that will have to wait.  No luck with shards for arena help but did get a CH (still haven't got her on main acct!).  So I'll gear up HK and see if that helps and see if CH can push me past Spider13, I doubt it but we will see. 
Jul 6, 2020, 01:4607/06/20
05/09/20
The simplest fix for arena would be to cap rewards based on power. If you have say 1M power then no tokens or tournament rewards for victories in bronze. Simple. Arena would be fixed.
Jul 6, 2020, 12:4507/06/20
08/18/15
yvesde said:

so why not all just put 1 uncommon champion in defence in bronze ,so everyone got some free win and a chance to upgrade the hall?

It's not a solution. You and everybody else should be able to progress to gold 4 and upgrade your Great Hall. I got to gold 4 after ~2 months of playing, it is necessary to do the Arbiter missions. It looks like some people who are beginning to play now will be unable to get to gold arena tiers at all.