All Categories

Wow. Artifact upgrade odds.

Search
Jul 1, 2020, 05:1007/01/20
06/16/20

most of the time, RNG is rough... But I just had 1.5 million eaten trying to upgrade a 5 star from 15-16. What is the average amount I should have ready to spare before trying to gain 15-16? Its like the game knew I had a Mission to do and it shouted, GOTCHA. And insult to injury is after I went broke I was offered a million silver for 10 bucks when I backed out to go grind more money. So insulting.

I know I am a little salty, but, what do you guys save up before going from 12-16?
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 1, 2020, 05:2107/01/20
06/16/20
Was going to delete this but don't see a option to. Just sounded whiney. lol, I still want to know what people genuinely expect to spend on various things. Still new.
Jul 1, 2020, 07:3007/01/20
05/03/20
My rule of thumb is 750k to 1,000k to get from 12 to 16.  You got hit with the really bad end of the range. 
Jul 1, 2020, 14:0607/01/20
05/26/20
They should change the upgrade progress bar to a toilet that has silver coins flushing down it. That's pretty much how the process works.
Jul 1, 2020, 14:2207/01/20
06/19/17
I usually try to save up around 20 million until artifact event and then try and upgrade during that. Usually about enough to complete the event.
Jul 1, 2020, 14:4207/01/20
07/05/19

Alenvire said:

most of the time, RNG is rough... But I just had 1.5 million eaten trying to upgrade a 5 star from 15-16. What is the average amount I should have ready to spare before trying to gain 15-16? Its like the game knew I had a Mission to do and it shouted, GOTCHA. And insult to injury is after I went broke I was offered a million silver for 10 bucks when I backed out to go grind more money. So insulting.

I know I am a little salty, but, what do you guys save up before going from 12-16?

It's going to even out, same as Closedpoly, my average in getting an artifact from 12 to 16 is around 1 mil Silver.

My lowest record I think is around 350k, highest I think I've spend 2 mil plus just to push it to get to 16

You'll have your low spend and high spend once in a while

Jul 1, 2020, 14:5507/01/20
12/19/19

drone said:

I usually try to save up around 20 million until artifact event and then try and upgrade during that. Usually about enough to complete the event.

Same.  Save up as much as I can, and upgrade stuff to +15 between events.  It's painful not to do the last upgrade when you are sitting on 10M+ silver but ensures easy completion of artifact event.  Patience is difficult but a necessary evil, lol.

I have 3 "naked" 6* legos (Rhazin, Roschard, Scyl).  I'll work on masteries for those 3 and 2 others until next artifact event.  Then figure out gearing and book priority.  I could really use all 3 in new arena right now, but need to prioritize.  I am probably going to finish sepulcher masteries before I do anything with these 3 and test versus Coffinsmasher in CB.  Even with CA and Warlord to extend buffs it feels like I could still lose atk down on UNM.  
Jul 2, 2020, 13:5807/02/20
05/29/20

I've fell for the artifact trap too. If it's not going to 'go' then let it alone for a while and come back to it. Like Vegas, you determine how much you're willing to spend before hand and stick to it. I think there's a reason the devs made the biggest primary stat leap from 15 to 16. :-)

Also dont let the auto button do all the work. I swear the algo repeats on failed trains. Switch from auto to manual upgrade if it's taking more than x amount of goes. I switch between them and at least it 'seems' like it's working. At least it is better for my psyche, much better than passively watching my silver slip away! 

Jul 2, 2020, 22:1807/02/20
05/03/20

Trips said:

drone said:

Same.  Save up as much as I can, and upgrade stuff to +15 between events.  It's painful not to do the last upgrade when you are sitting on 10M+ silver but ensures easy completion of artifact event.  Patience is difficult but a necessary evil, lol.

I have 3 "naked" 6* legos (Rhazin, Roschard, Scyl).  I'll work on masteries for those 3 and 2 others until next artifact event.  Then figure out gearing and book priority.  I could really use all 3 in new arena right now, but need to prioritize.  I am probably going to finish sepulcher masteries before I do anything with these 3 and test versus Coffinsmasher in CB.  Even with CA and Warlord to extend buffs it feels like I could still lose atk down on UNM.  

I am surprised you are getting involved in 3v3 arena.  I am doing the first week to qualify for a reward, then I am pulling my teams out.  I dont have the roster to assemble 3 decent teams with ascension and gear.  Let alone the masteries. 

Also, the reward we receive is associated with the bazaar which is not operational. 
Jul 2, 2020, 22:4507/02/20
04/14/20
ClosedPoly said:

I am surprised you are getting involved in 3v3 arena.  I am doing the first week to qualify for a reward, then I am pulling my teams out.  I dont have the roster to assemble 3 decent teams with ascension and gear.  Let alone the masteries. 

Also, the reward we receive is associated with the bazaar which is not operational. 
I think you're mixing things up. There is a one-time reward system that will be given out after a couple of months, for which your current progress is already relevant - and then separately from that, there is the bazaar system expected to launch in the next patch in a few weeks' time, with gold bars being granted for 3v3 arena wins, which you can use to buy stuff from the bazaar.