All Categories

Should I open shards?

Should I open shards?

Search
Jun 24, 2020, 12:1706/24/20
03/31/20

Should I open shards?

Hello,

As someone who doesn't have many good champions, should I open shards as I get them or should I wait for the x2 events?

I personally think it's better to open them straight away until I get some decent champs since the x2 events are not so often and I can't progress till then.

P.S : Since I'm already here I have one more question. Which Aura is the best on Clan Boss?

Thanks!
Views
Comments
Comments
Jun 24, 2020, 13:4306/24/20
12/19/19

Post a screenshot of your roster, you may have a hidden gem or 2. Generally it is better to wait and at least open during a 10x or summon event.  If you are early game and do not have "good heroes" yet and are f2p I would wait and do the following:

1. Focus on getting starter (or someone else) to 6star and be able to farm brutal 12.3

2. Farm warmaiden in deadlands

3. Look for the uncommon Armiger (do not use as food) and lock 1 and use dupes as food.  Level up a bit so you know which u r saving :)

4. Focus 90% of resources on starter, upgrade gear (hopefully decent lifesteal and whatever 2 set is best)

5. Best aura for CB is generally defense or speed IMO. Or maybe ACC depending on your teams stats.
Jun 24, 2020, 14:1906/24/20
03/31/20

Trips said:

Post a screenshot of your roster, you may have a hidden gem or 2. Generally it is better to wait and at least open during a 10x or summon event.  If you are early game and do not have "good heroes" yet and are f2p I would wait and do the following:

1. Focus on getting starter (or someone else) to 6star and be able to farm brutal 12.3

3. Look for the uncommon Armiger (do not use as food) and lock 1 and use dupes as food.  Level up a bit so you know which u r saving :)

4. Focus 90% of resources on starter, upgrade gear (hopefully decent lifesteal and whatever 2 set is best)

5. Best aura for CB is generally defense or speed IMO. Or maybe ACC depending on your teams stats.

Hi,

Here is my roster: https://prnt.sc/t5oaig

I am f2p and have basically done all you said above. I should save shards, right?

Jun 24, 2020, 14:2706/24/20
02/11/20
Artalz said:

Trips said:

Hi,

I am f2p and have basically done all you said above. I should save shards, right?

Yes, save your shards. Your roster is great, actually. You can form basically all the teams you need with what you already have. If you are trying to get max value for your shards (in terms of highest quality champs --> meaning epic and leg), use them during the 2x events. If you are trying for a particular champ you really want, wait for the 10x event for that champ. But seriously, your roster is great! Just build out what you've got. If you need tips on whom to build, follow up and we'll tell you...but chances are you probably already know! 
Jun 24, 2020, 14:5006/24/20
03/31/20

jtdstock said:

Artalz said:

Trips said:

Hi,

Yes, save your shards. Your roster is great, actually. You can form basically all the teams you need with what you already have. If you are trying to get max value for your shards (in terms of highest quality champs --> meaning epic and leg), use them during the 2x events. If you are trying for a particular champ you really want, wait for the 10x event for that champ. But seriously, your roster is great! Just build out what you've got. If you need tips on whom to build, follow up and we'll tell you...but chances are you probably already know! 

Yeah, the problem is my artifacts are terrible, and can't really progress in dungeons, so I figured I need some better champions (I don't even have apothecary, or coldheart... :) )

Also, do we know when are they releasing x2 events?

Jun 24, 2020, 14:5506/24/20
12/19/19

Wow. Yes, great roster. I would save shards for 2x. My guess is you are hurting with gear and obviously need to prioritize 60s.

MAJOR MISTAKE: You have 12 5* and ONLY 2 6* ... this is why you are stuck.  The ratio is backwards.  You should have more 6 stars than 5*.

1. Miscreated Monster (NEEDS BOOKS)

then the following not sure of order but:

Zelotah(NO BOOKS needed)

Coffinsmasher

Brawler (NO BOOKS needed CB, Dragon20, Golem20)

Doomspriest (NO BOOKS needed)

2. STOP MAKING 50s AND ALL ATTACKERS -- You need support/versatility. No need for a 2nd Kael, Galek, Athel...

3. Put a lock on that 40 armiger, hope that is not a chicken in the oven 

Have you done full masteries yet for anyone?

CB short-term: Kael, Brawler (DEF% ACC SPEED - dont waste books here), Coffinsmasher, Roschard,  ??? (I think doom or zelotah but they are far away)

Jun 24, 2020, 15:0706/24/20
03/31/20

Trips said:

Wow. Yes, great roster. I would save shards for 2x. My guess is you are hurting with gear and obviously need to prioritize 60s.

MAJOR MISTAKE: You have 12 5* and ONLY 2 6* ... this is why you are stuck.  The ratio is backwards.  You should have more 6 stars than 5*.

1. Miscreated Monster (NEEDS BOOKS)

then the following not sure of order but:

Zelotah(NO BOOKS needed)

Coffinsmasher

Brawler (NO BOOKS needed CB, Dragon20, Golem20)

Doomspriest (NO BOOKS needed)

2. STOP MAKING 50s AND ALL ATTACKERS -- You need support/versatility. No need for a 2nd Kael, Galek, Athel...

3. Put a lock on that 40 armiger, hope that is not a chicken in the oven 

Have you done full masteries yet for anyone?

CB short-term: Kael, Brawler (DEF% ACC SPEED - dont waste books here), Coffinsmasher, Roschard,  ??? (I think doom or zelotah but they are far away)

No, that is not a Food Armiger, I'm just currently working on him :)

I was saving gems for shard bundle and didn't quite have time to farm Minotaur so I don't have anyone with full masteries...

Can I fit Frozen Banshee somehow in that CB team you mentioned above, or I don't need her?

Thanks for the answers, I will start working on getting more 6* 

Jun 24, 2020, 17:0906/24/20
04/14/20

Artalz said:

No, that is not a Food Armiger, I'm just currently working on him :)

I was saving gems for shard bundle and didn't quite have time to farm Minotaur so I don't have anyone with full masteries...

Can I fit Frozen Banshee somehow in that CB team you mentioned above, or I don't need her?

Thanks for the answers, I will start working on getting more 6* 

You include either Occult Brawler or Frozen Banshee, not both. Considering the maximum of 10 debuffs on CB (or on anyone for that matter), out of which you need a few slots to keep permanent decrease attack and decrease defense, it doesn't make sense to have two main poisoners as they would crowd each other out. Especially since Kael is also putting some poisons. One thing you could do, but that doesn't seem like a top priority, is to swap in FB whenever the affinity is bad for Occult Brawler (she needs to be booked though and probably other rares who you'd use more have the priority). 

And I agree with the others, definitely no reason to pull shards outside of events when you already have this roster. 
Jun 24, 2020, 17:5706/24/20
12/19/19

Why?  A shard bundle would be a major waste.

You don't need new heroes. Your problem is they are unleveled and poorly geared.  Make 60s and keep progressing in Dragon/Golem.
Jun 24, 2020, 18:1206/24/20
03/31/20
Trips said:

You don't need new heroes. Your problem is they are unleveled and poorly geared.  Make 60s and keep progressing in Dragon/Golem.
Okay, but how far can I get with the current roster if they were all maxed out?
Jun 24, 2020, 20:3006/24/20
02/11/20
You can basically do all the content in the game with those heroes. Have you farmed up minotaur yet? Scrolls make a huge difference for champion performance. Assuming you don't need scrolls because you've already farmed them, your best bet is to continue to get the 5 60s you'll need for dragon and cb, and then just be patient accumulating rewards in dragon and cb. Also, DEFINITELY make sure you're getting great hall tokens as frequently as you can. Those bonuses make a huge difference too.  
Jun 24, 2020, 20:3306/24/20
02/11/20
One more thing: try to ENJOY the progress, and don't fret about it taking awhile. Once you complete all the game content, the only thing left to do is hope for certain champions and god-tier gear drops. These things are SUPER rare for f2p players. The game loses much of its luster at that point for f2p/low spenders. Your max enjoyment will be as you continuously get stronger with those champs...savor it!  
Jun 24, 2020, 21:1006/24/20
06/19/17

First of all already alot of sounds advice from others.

If I were you I would mostly focus on doing well in clan boss and dragon. there were already a good suggestion for Clan boss team.

For dragon id recommend 

1. Miscreated monster

2. Royal guard (remember hp% chest or he will die)

3. Warmaiden

4. Zelotah (or use lifesteal on dps)

5. Kael (remember hp% chest or he will die)

What Id say you could really use in next shard pull is someone with ressurection. You will eventually get Scyl - dont know how far of that is.

Jun 24, 2020, 21:1306/24/20
Jun 24, 2020, 21:25(edited)
12/19/19

Artalz said:

Trips said:

Okay, but how far can I get with the current roster if they were all maxed out?

Very Far. I would think Dragon20 and Golem20 with a team of MM Brawler Doom Coffinsmasher & Zelotah.  

My alt (no legos, no apothecary, no coldheart, no reviver) is between 2 & 3 months with the following teams:

Dragon20: Spider Maus Mage Zelotah Brawler Coffinsmasher

Golem19: Spider Maus Mage Zelotah Brawler Jinglehunter

NM CB 10-11M per key:  Maus Mage Zelotah Brawler Coffinsmasher Kael

Silver2/3 Arena: JH Spirithost(40) Warmaiden Kael

manual Spider (Armiger JH Kael Spider Maus) & auto FK (use a 4star grappler and Armiger) I am at 13

So I am using 8 6* and 2 4*, Zero 5*.  Kael, Zelotah, Coffin, Brawler have full masteries. That is where I spent all my gems (800x3 for the 1st 3). Now I can do mino15 and I am working up others, Spider is almost there.

An apothecary would help you immensely, hopefully we both get that soon!

Jun 24, 2020, 22:3906/24/20
03/31/20
Thank you all for the answers, they helped alot! :)