All Categories

Shards: should I just use them?

Search
May 29, 2020, 15:1405/29/20
05/29/20

Hey, guys

I'm a new player (day 24 according to my daily login rewards page), and I'm confused as to whether or not I should use my shards in hopes of getting some epic (or better) champions.

I currently have 4 epics (Shatterbones: 50/1, Jizoh: 50/0, Shaman: 40/0 and Bushi: 40/0), but they aren't very good all-around champs, in my opinion (other than Shatterbones). 

At the moment, I have 462 mystery shards, 6 ancient shards and 1 sacred shard, and I'm itching to just go full HAM and use them all. But I remember hearing about always saving your shards until a "double shard event" (?), and I really don't want to use them if I could be getting twice the value at some point soon.

I'd very much appreciate some tips for what to do as a new player who is looking for champions such as Apothecary, Rhazin fusion champs etc.

Thank you kindly in advance

Views
Comments
Comments
May 29, 2020, 15:3205/29/20
05/16/19
Saving shards when you're still really early in the game hinders progress imo. Personally, I'd pull at least the sacred shard now, and maybe save the ancient shards for a double rate event. 
May 29, 2020, 15:4905/29/20
01/21/20
I would advise the opposite since sacred shards are hard to come by if your playing F2P.  Use the ancients because that can help you early game.However if you are not F2P then it doesn't matter because you can always buy more shards.
May 29, 2020, 15:5405/29/20
05/29/20

Lxzy said:

Saving shards when you're still really early in the game hinders progress imo. Personally, I'd pull at least the sacred shard now, and maybe save the ancient shards for a double rate event. 

I took your advice and got Rock Breaker from the ancient shard. There seems to be very different opinions about him. What do you guys think? I might pull an ancient shard or two, depending on your thoughts.

Also, should I just keep all of the mystery shard for a summoning event?
May 29, 2020, 16:0805/29/20
01/21/20
You can use mystery shards anytime.  With the amount you have you might get a rare or 2 by summoning a ton.  Rock breaker seems good but I haven't used him.  I suggest going to youtube to see if anyone has a video on him or go to Ayumilove.net.  This site has a great raid guide with lots of information on every champ.  Its helped me a ton recently and I've been playing for 5 months or so
May 29, 2020, 16:1505/29/20
05/29/20
bgizznit said:

You can use mystery shards anytime.  With the amount you have you might get a rare or 2 by summoning a ton.  Rock breaker seems good but I haven't used him.  I suggest going to youtube to see if anyone has a video on him or go to Ayumilove.net.  This site has a great raid guide with lots of information on every champ.  Its helped me a ton recently and I've been playing for 5 months or so
I go to that Ayumilove every time I find a new champion ^^ As for the Youtube videos, I did watch a guide, but it seems that he's mostly used for 'guiding the rest of the team to the boss unscathed', which I don't really see the point in. At least, that's how I understood Sir Jaxo's Youtube spotlight.
May 29, 2020, 16:2605/29/20
05/29/20
Lxzy said:

I'd also really like to know how often those double rate events occur. I don't think there's been one in the three weeks I've been playing.
May 29, 2020, 16:3505/29/20
May 29, 2020, 16:38(edited)
01/21/20
Honestly I don't know how often but 2-4 weeks sounds about right for when they occur.  Also Chose/chofly does a good job of explaining champs and how they are used. There is also a targeted boost summoning going right now for all the shards
May 29, 2020, 16:5705/29/20
05/16/19

bgizznit said:

I would advise the opposite since sacred shards are hard to come by if your playing F2P.  Use the ancients because that can help you early game.However if you are not F2P then it doesn't matter because you can always buy more shards.

I only suggested saving the ancient shards since it's been a while since the last double rates for ancient shards and I personally think the next one is gonna come soon. But by the looks of it, Desmeren has already pulled his ancient shards so there's nothing we can do about that anymore :) 

May 29, 2020, 17:0205/29/20
01/21/20

Honestly either approach is fine.  Just depends on what you account looks like and what you need.

Lxzy said:

bgizznit said:

I only suggested saving the ancient shards since it's been a while since the last double rates for ancient shards and I personally think the next one is gonna come soon. But by the looks of it, Desmeren has already pulled his ancient shards so there's nothing we can do about that anymore :) 

May 29, 2020, 21:0505/29/20
May 29, 2020, 21:08(edited)
06/19/17

If Rock breaker is one of your first epic id say definately use him. Alot of people doing reviews compare champions to what they already have.

I have been playing for more than a year so he is not worth it on my account. If I need mass provoke I already have a 6-star maulie Tankard who can also ressurect. 

But If you havent got alot of good champions yet he can help preventing damage to your offensive champions with his provoke. Since he also put up counter attack he works good with a lifesteal set. Make sure to build him with enough accuracy.

Hell hades (A youtuber - watch his vidoes they are great) recently suggested getting 10 accuracy pr. level of the dungeon your are on as a rule of thumb. In my opinion he is the best epic you have of those your mentioned. He is good on waves but not worth much against the last boss. He will be best in dragon and ice golem imo.

If you are low on epic books I would wait with using any on him. He is not a top-tier epic afterall.
May 29, 2020, 21:3705/29/20
May 29, 2020, 21:39(edited)
05/13/19

Rock Breaker is an All Star hero for you based on the Roster you said.

Rock Breaker does Crowd Control.

Rock Breaker is the Ultimate Tank.

You can use him to help get thru waves.

He forces the enemy to attack him so your squishy heroes don't take a lot of damage.

You want Rock Breaker to have crazy high defense.