All Categories

A thought on making tournaments and events more interesting.

Search
May 28, 2020, 21:5005/28/20
03/11/20

They are running a lot of tournaments and events which is great but I just can't get excited enough about the rewards so usually just ignore them.  

I was thinking though that they could make it more interesting pretty easily if they implemented something a little more goal-oriented with an element of mystery.

I think, and I am not a programmer so not sure how difficult this would be, they could make a new prize only available from tournaments and events that was a fragment of a shard.  These fragments would be ranked like Mystery, Ancient, Sacred and each would require a different number of fragments to complete.  Mystery 10 Fragments, Ancient 20, Sacred 50 or 100, whatever works.  Once you get the requisite number of fragments you would take them to the summoning portal and put them into a matrix-like the fusion matrix and it would give you a prize like summoning a champion that is not available any other way or prizes that are a little better than the normal gems, brews, etc we get every time.  

For example, if you assemble a Sacred shard it would pull your prize from a list of top tier stuff, a unique legendary champ, 2-5 legendary books, a set of 6-star gear, 6 star glyphs, or anything really that you would be excited to get.

I'm not suggesting they make it easy either just that it is structured such that you are not disappointed when you complete the quest.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone else thinks this would be fun or if you see problems with it.  
Views
Comments
Comments
May 28, 2020, 21:5905/28/20
06/19/17

First of all I agree they really should look into tournament rewards. The recent ones are just awful and it even seems better to end from 4-10th rather than in top 3. I mean come on five star gear in a mediocre set. Id much rather have 100 energy.

Your idea of collecting something over time that is useful seems much more appealing to me. In generel Im not too fund of the idea that the reward is exclusive though. Id just say be able to collect fragments to get something you can also get from other means, like ancient/void/sacred shards.
May 29, 2020, 03:0805/29/20
03/18/20

totally agree let alone the dodgy stuff on the side top reward for the side bar 10 gems what the wow awesome ill push for that not!!!!

stop pumping out these crap reward tournaments and events and give us season 2 battle pass at least that's enjoyable to work towards

dragging the release of BP2 for these lame rewards is really dropping my interest - I look at the rewards and go yeah no thanks

GreenKnightCommunity Manager
Jun 2, 2020, 12:5206/02/20
04/06/20

Hello!

ahmekrealty said:

They are running a lot of tournaments and events which is great but I just can't get excited enough about the rewards so usually just ignore them.  

I was thinking though that they could make it more interesting pretty easily if they implemented something a little more goal-oriented with an element of mystery.

I think, and I am not a programmer so not sure how difficult this would be, they could make a new prize only available from tournaments and events that was a fragment of a shard.  These fragments would be ranked like Mystery, Ancient, Sacred and each would require a different number of fragments to complete.  Mystery 10 Fragments, Ancient 20, Sacred 50 or 100, whatever works.  Once you get the requisite number of fragments you would take them to the summoning portal and put them into a matrix-like the fusion matrix and it would give you a prize like summoning a champion that is not available any other way or prizes that are a little better than the normal gems, brews, etc we get every time.  

For example, if you assemble a Sacred shard it would pull your prize from a list of top tier stuff, a unique legendary champ, 2-5 legendary books, a set of 6-star gear, 6 star glyphs, or anything really that you would be excited to get.

I'm not suggesting they make it easy either just that it is structured such that you are not disappointed when you complete the quest.

Anyway, I am curious if anyone else thinks this would be fun or if you see problems with it.  

Thanks for your suggestion. This is an exciting idea, and we are working on something similar. Stay tuned for more info in the next couple of patches.

Have a nice day.