All Categories

Kael Masteries

Kael Masteries

Search
May 19, 2020, 22:0905/19/20
05/03/20

Kael Masteries

I have 800 gems saved up to buy masteries for Kael.  I need advice which masteries to select.  I had a few scrolls and bought Crit Rate which started me on a path.  I can reverse that and start out fresh on any path. 

I would like Kael to be able to farm at brutal level.  Then I am open to suggestions where he best fits in the game. 

I would also like suggestions about any of the Rare that are worth keeping and which I can use for food.  I am in the beginning stage.

This is  what I have in inventory

LEVEL 6
Kael 60

LEVEL 5
WarPriest 50
SisterMilitant 50
Apothecary 50

LEVEL 4
WarMaiden 40
Valerie 40 (plus 1 dup)
Hope 40

LEVEL 3
Umbral Enchantress 1
Shaman 1
Jizoh 1
Oz 30
Skullsworn 30 (plus 1 dup)
Conquerer 30
Spirithost 30
Athel 27
Muckstalker 1 (plus 1 dup)
Graybeard 1 (plus 1 dup)
Rocktooth 2 (plus 1 dup)
Bulwark 1
Haruspex 1
Stoneskin 1
Perforator 1
Bombardier 1
Lamellar 1
Preserver 1
Slayer 1
Hound Spawn 1 (plus 1 dup)
Hurler 1
Sorceress 1
Mystic Hand 1
Cudgeler 1
Temptress 1
Gator 1
Diabolist 1
Executioner 1
Hatchet Slinger 1
Soulbound Bowyer 1
Corpulent Cadaver 1 (plus 1 dup)
Flesheater 1
Flinger 1
Templar 1 (plus 1 dup)
Raider 1
Hyria 1

Views
Comments
Comments
May 19, 2020, 22:4805/19/20
04/13/20

If that was my champion stable, I would definitely try to *6 Apothecary and then Athel as soon as possible. She absolutely rocks for me, especially in Lifesteal gear, healing herself nicely with her three hits A1 and/or her AoE, if multiple targets are present. Get Warmaiden to *5 (that is perfectly enough), and then my personal choice would be *6 for the Soulbond Bowyer.

My reasoning:

- Kael and Athel will be your hard hitters, and Kael will also poison the enemies.

- Apothecary will provide healing and speed boost.

- Warmaiden will provide an absolutely awesome 60% Defense debuf. On AoE. get her enough speed and accuracy.

- Soulbond Bowyer, with enough speed and accuracy, will provide a nice way to reset the turn meter of an enemy heavy hitter, or ignore a lot of Defense, or, alternatively, she will use her AoE A1 to finish off very low health enemies after a barrage from the heavy hitters, like the ones who have just had their unkillable/block damage buffs expired.

By the way, Epics like Shaman or Jizoh cannot be rank 3, because they all start with *4.

One important advice - unless you are already doing that, save your shards for the double pull chance events. One recently took place for Void shards and I got some nice champions out of it.

May 19, 2020, 22:5305/19/20
04/14/20

Crit rate is definitely right as first step, and accuracy in the support tree to help you put the poisons. 

The thing with masteries is that if your champion will be used mostly in dungeons and Clan Boss, it's a no-brainer that they will need the big hitting bonus attacks scaling off enemy max HP: Warmaster (if their main attack has 1 or 2 hits) or Giantslayer (if it has 3 or more hits). Not only for the damage itself, but also because if they wear lifesteal gear, those bonus attacks will heal them for huge amounts. This applies even for support or defense-based champions who wouldn't normally have much use for the offense tree. But for arena and campaign, WM/GS are pretty useless and your Kael would benefit more from one of the other top tier offensive abilities, either the crit damage one or the ignore defense one. 

Similarly, you'll find some other masteries in the offense and support trees which give bonuses whenever you kill an enemy, for instance - that's great for arena, but utterly useless for Clan Boss per definition and not great for dungeons either. So do you need them on Kael... that depends where you'll use him most. 

Among your rares, you should in any case keep all the ones required for the fusions (at least the justiciar-relickeeper and Rhazin fusions, maybe not the ongoing temporary fusion). Personally I try to keep a copy of all rares I get, but obviously that takes a lot of space which also has a cost, so you may want to use the worst ones as food indeed. 

To keep for their actual qualities: I'd say Bulwark, Haruspex, Soulbond Bowyer, Rocktooth, Diabolist, Spirithost, Athel, Executioner, Graybeard, Gator and Templar. Definitely check Ayumilove or other websites for that kind of thing before feeding rares. 

May 19, 2020, 23:4105/19/20
05/03/20

WatchdogCZ said:

If that was my champion stable, I would definitely try to *6 Apothecary and then Athel as soon as possible. She absolutely rocks for me, especially in Lifesteal gear, healing herself nicely with her three hits A1 and/or her AoE, if multiple targets are present. Get Warmaiden to *5 (that is perfectly enough), and then my personal choice would be *6 for the Soulbond Bowyer.

My reasoning:

- Kael and Athel will be your hard hitters, and Kael will also poison the enemies.

- Apothecary will provide healing and speed boost.

- Warmaiden will provide an absolutely awesome 60% Defense debuf. On AoE. get her enough speed and accuracy.

- Soulbond Bowyer, with enough speed and accuracy, will provide a nice way to reset the turn meter of an enemy heavy hitter, or ignore a lot of Defense, or, alternatively, she will use her AoE A1 to finish off very low health enemies after a barrage from the heavy hitters, like the ones who have just had their unkillable/block damage buffs expired.

By the way, Epics like Shaman or Jizoh cannot be rank 3, because they all start with *4.

One important advice - unless you are already doing that, save your shards for the double pull chance events. One recently took place for Void shards and I got some nice champions out of it.

I was wondering how Athel was healing herself in arena.  One Athel 60 destroyed my entire team because she was healing.  Thanks for sharing her secret. 

I thought there might not be room for Kael and Athel on the same team but see your logic.  I will take Apo to 60 and then Athel. 

War Maiden is fully ascended and 3-3-5 on skills.  I have good luck getting dups of her when I farm 9.3 and use them to upgrade her skills.  Its long and slow but I am thinking long term. 

I am saving shards for 2x.  I only had 2 voids and didnt pull anything good. But, I got very lucky pulling Apothecary out of a Mystery shard at random. 

May 19, 2020, 23:4705/19/20
05/03/20
L9753 said:

Crit rate is definitely right as first step, and accuracy in the support tree to help you put the poisons. 

The thing with masteries is that if your champion will be used mostly in dungeons and Clan Boss, it's a no-brainer that they will need the big hitting bonus attacks scaling off enemy max HP: Warmaster (if their main attack has 1 or 2 hits) or Giantslayer (if it has 3 or more hits). Not only for the damage itself, but also because if they wear lifesteal gear, those bonus attacks will heal them for huge amounts. This applies even for support or defense-based champions who wouldn't normally have much use for the offense tree. But for arena and campaign, WM/GS are pretty useless and your Kael would benefit more from one of the other top tier offensive abilities, either the crit damage one or the ignore defense one. 

Similarly, you'll find some other masteries in the offense and support trees which give bonuses whenever you kill an enemy, for instance - that's great for arena, but utterly useless for Clan Boss per definition and not great for dungeons either. So do you need them on Kael... that depends where you'll use him most. 

Among your rares, you should in any case keep all the ones required for the fusions (at least the justiciar-relickeeper and Rhazin fusions, maybe not the ongoing temporary fusion). Personally I try to keep a copy of all rares I get, but obviously that takes a lot of space which also has a cost, so you may want to use the worst ones as food indeed. 

To keep for their actual qualities: I'd say Bulwark, Haruspex, Soulbond Bowyer, Rocktooth, Diabolist, Spirithost, Athel, Executioner, Graybeard, Gator and Templar. Definitely check Ayumilove or other websites for that kind of thing before feeding rares. 

I am trying to think long term strategy with Kael.  The arena gives us points we can use in the Great Hall.  If I can get to Silver I can upgrade all champions up to 10%.  Dungeons give us books which I will need in quantity.  I think I can build an arena team around Kael faster than I can build a dungeon team to match him.  What do you think?  
May 20, 2020, 23:2205/20/20
05/13/19

This is my Clan Boss/Dungeon Set up for Kael: 

If you are using Kael for Campaign/Arena, You can swap HP % Primary Chest for ATK % Primary Chest.

This is my Masteries for Kael:

If you are using a Counter Attack Team Composition, You can swap Arcane Celebrity for Single Out.

This is my Vault:

I keep 1 copy of every Rare, Epic, & Legendary I pull.

May 20, 2020, 23:5205/20/20
05/03/20
@PlayerJ.....Thanks for the info.  Its going to take me a long time to reach that level with Kael but I can see the path now. 
May 20, 2020, 23:5705/20/20
May 21, 2020, 00:03(edited)
05/13/19

This is the Gurptuk Moss Beard Fusion Event:

This is the Fruits of my Labor paying off for me!

All the Red Dots are the heroes I owned in my vault at the Start of the Fusion Event.

I could have used those heroes as Food at any time.

I chose not to use them as Food.

It took a lot of effort to keep them!

I had to use tons of Silver to increase my Vault Space.

I had to restrain myself from using them as a Quick 3 Star Food.

It is a struggle every day because every day you see them in your vault doing nothing!

You have doubts at times on why you are keeping them.

You don't see the benefit they give you.

And than the day comes where all of that Effort pays off.

What will I do with him?

I don't know! 

I don't think he is that good, but at least if the game decides to buff him.

I will have him all ready.