All Categories

Gurptuk Moss-Beard

Gurptuk Moss-Beard

Search
May 12, 2020, 15:1905/12/20
05/02/20

Gurptuk Moss-Beard

We're tentatively rating Gurptuk Moss-Beart 3 stars overall at the moment, though with this funky kit he will be a lot of fun to play and with synergies with Champions like Occult Brawler he may be viable in some end-game scenarios. Here's a page detailing him and our ratings for each area.

https://www.inteleria.com/champion-list/gurptuk-moss-beard/

What do you guys think?

Views
Comments
Comments
May 12, 2020, 16:1905/12/20
08/26/19

Well, I think that rating someone without actually testing him extensively isn't something that speak well for the team behind that site.

You have to just give us the link instead, if you want to share that site. (which is not bad, btw, but that is not my point.) 
May 12, 2020, 16:2805/12/20
12/19/19
I am cautiously optimistic about this one. I think I can put this one too use immediately. 
May 12, 2020, 17:0505/12/20
May 12, 2020, 17:08(edited)
08/26/19

I am ready with all rares (they are all leveled and ascended), just need two more rares, but one of them can be actually beyond my reach. It is that one that they put it in summon rush event and that may be problem for me (or any) as f2p player. 

I have about 30+ blue, 10+ purple and 2 yellow shards, but... actually not too happy to pull them just now. 

Still, if that new guy is turn to be somehow good healer/damage booster and I can reach that last rare, I may pull the trigger. Time will tell. 

On my second account I have most of the rares, but more likely I will work to fuse Catacomb guy. 

The good thing in all that is that this fusion seems on the first look like actually player friendly. Like... achievable. 
May 12, 2020, 20:0205/12/20
May 12, 2020, 20:05(edited)
02/06/20

Great fusion champ sadly I'm skint till Friday so I don't expect I'll pull the void painsmith , sucks to be me 

3 week fusion you can fail in 3 days it's going to hurt looking at his face floating over the summon portal for 3 weeks :(
May 12, 2020, 20:1705/12/20
08/26/19

cameronftw said:

Great fusion champ sadly I'm skint till Friday so I don't expect I'll pull the void painsmith , sucks to be me 

3 week fusion you can fail in 3 days it's going to hurt looking at his face floating over the summon portal for 3 weeks :(

It's almost like they put him there to troll you.

But i know the feeling. I was one rare short for Rotos fusion and they put that rare in summon rush event, behind 4 sacred shards worth of points. 

May 12, 2020, 23:0405/12/20
04/23/17

I have looked at his skills the're OK I suppose, though the poisoning your own Champions is a bit ODD.

The real question is he good enough to fuse to get him, the answer in my opinion is NO, not when you work out what you need to do to get the champions required. Firstly obtaining the four champions all that work to get them as rewards, having got them to just sacrifice them what a lost, but it gets worse All have to fully ascended 5 star and 50 level, and if you miss getting one champion you need 4, 4 star, 40 level, fully ascended one of which is a void.

So I repeat Gurptuk is an OK Legendary Champion, but not a GREAT ONE and the fusion cost is way, way too high, in my opinion too high for any Champion currently available. Even if I got him via a shard he might make it into a faction team.
May 13, 2020, 01:5105/13/20
06/20/19
I have all the rare champs except slinger and cadaver, which are the first two to be won in the current champ chase event.  I can fuse him no problem, but should I?
May 13, 2020, 04:5405/13/20
08/26/19
Considering how easy will be that for you why not. They may buff him. 😂 
May 13, 2020, 05:3605/13/20
03/16/19

A2 is very good. When maxed out it's only 2 turns cooldown.

I will fuse him because i'm already have 3 needed epic. 

May 13, 2020, 08:0405/13/20
05/13/19

My first impression of Moss Beard is very harsh.

I try to be honest.

I try to see the positive, but the review I am giving this guy simply isn't good.

I have given Moss Beard a ranking of 2 Stars for everything except Dragon Dungeon + Faction Wars.

I think Moss Beard could potentially be a 5 Star hero for Dragon + Faction Wars for a very Niche Reason.

Super End Game Players who wants to increase the speed of there Dragon run could potentially use Moss Beard as a Budget Bad El Kazar.

Most Dragon Speed run teams do the following:

Wave 1 of Dragon:

Bad El Kazar -------> Poison on Enemy + Passive Increase Allies Damage to waves.

Dracomorph --------> Def Down + Weaken

Royal Guard -------> Nuke 

Prince Kymar ------> Reset moves

Wave 1 dies 

Wave 2 of Dragon:

Bad El Kazar -------> Poison on Enemy + Passive Increase Allies Damage to waves. 

Dracomorph --------> Def Down + Weaken 

Prince Kymar ------> AOE 

Wave 2 dies 

Wave 3 of Dragon:

They lean on Dracomorph Poison + 2x Royal Guards coming off Cool down to kill the Dragon

50 second win or less

I think Moss Beard would be the hero a player could use in "Bad El Kazar" spot.

If you haven't pulled a BEK, You could try to use Moss Beard Passive to help your team Deal More Damage.

It is similar to what Bad El Kazar is doing in the set up.

It is a super niche usage which could make Moss Beard 5 star for End Game players creating Speed Runs in Dragon.

BUT FOR EVERYONE ESLE.

I think Moss Beard is going to do more damage to your team vs. help your team.

The End Game Players are 1 shooting the waves.

Every time they kill the waves and go to a new wave - All the Poisons on your heroes Reset!

The self harm Moss Beard does to your team isn't impactful for the End Game players who are rushing thru so fast.

BUT FOR PLAYERS DOING LONG BATTLES.

The poison in prolonged fights can really add up over time.

It feel it will be more harmful vs. helpful to most people.

Hopefully, you can see why I say he could be great for Dragon for specific people + dragon teams.

And again Faction Wars - I think he will do great there as well.

The reason why is because the Ogyrn Tribe Faction lacks a lot of viable heroes.

They only have like 29 heroes in that faction so they can use him due to a lack of other options.

Will I make the hero?

Sure - I got few of the rare's already.

May 13, 2020, 08:3505/13/20
08/26/19
Elviraz said:

A2 is very good. When maxed out it's only 2 turns cooldown.

I will fuse him because i'm already have 3 needed epic. 

And that's exactly the skill you don't want to lower it cooldawn. The reason you will use that guy is to boost your overall damage. You can just get any good healer instead if single heal/shield is what you want. 
May 13, 2020, 17:1505/13/20
01/24/20
I've obtained Moss-Beard in hopes that he will one day receive a significant buff. Otherwise the champions lost as sacrifice will be a complete loss. Not impressed thus far.
May 13, 2020, 18:0105/13/20
06/19/17

Well the verdict is out by stewgaming, hellhades and chofly mobile.

Trash or niche spider20 booster. Stewgaming went from 12 to 11 seconds on his spider20 run.

Hell Hades "Give him Fel"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwpl4xs1eqg

Stewgaming "This legendary is just not good", "He is killing our teammates", "I want my books back"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tejYTVl5YU

Chofly mobile "Atleast we are getting artifact enhancement"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXvE04S62wg

May 14, 2020, 06:2605/14/20
May 14, 2020, 06:30(edited)
02/25/19

Another youtuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKSEwpce_g

A special niche champ for very strategic application only, but imho he deserves no legendary status. Why is it that fully booking his a2 to a maximum will make him worse? Of course I've got the point (not only poison but also dmg increase cleansing) but is that a development fail? Or is he ment to be applicated really only at Spider's Den to boost the dmg of your nukers and cleanse your negative affinity tank champ? If so, is that really enough to make him a legendary champ? And if you want and are able to book him, what if all your books are at first updating the a2 you do not want to update to the maximum at all? What's all that about? Questions over questions.