All Categories

Shard Pull on Bonus Only or Whenever?

Search
May 10, 2020, 17:3405/10/20
09/26/19

I need a ton of characters.  I have very few legos and of those only 2-3 barely decent ones.  I have been saving up shards for bonus 2x events, but I am getting anxious.  I tried to pull some for the couples event because I really wanted 3-4 of them, but didn't get jack squat so felt it was a bit of a waste of shards.

Do you wait and pull your void and sacred shards only when there are 2x events or just whenever you get them.  What about Ancient shards?  I really need a few good rares still should I wait for 2x events for ancient shards or just pull away?
Views
Comments
Comments
May 10, 2020, 18:2205/10/20
May 10, 2020, 19:26(edited)
08/26/19

At this point (8* months in game) I don't see any reason to pull anything outside x2 event - blue, purple or yellow. Currently sitting on 30+ blues, 10+ purple and maybe 1 or 2 yellow on each of my two accounts. 

Also, I stoped spendin gems for shard packs long ago. Never spend real money in Raid, so.... I have to learn myself to some restrain.  It's not like I don't want to pull everything at the moment 😂

Buy there is a huge difference between new and old account and the way new champions affect game. Early on you need to pull whatever rng may give you, even some rare or epic can be game changing. Later on you don't have to pull at all cost, you can wait and work with your current roster. 

May 10, 2020, 20:2605/10/20
12/19/19

Well said Daering. Take into consideration how many books you have, and who on your current roster is 60 worthy. I have people in my clan asking for advice that have Great rosters... but they are stuck in silver arena and on hard/brutal CB. Why? They have 5 6stars and 20 50s. They have no books left. And they have no silver because they are trying to gear 20+ heroes. And they are spreading really good artifacts across twice as many heroes, instead of developing any really solid ones.  9 times out of 10 the answer is to level up who you have or improve the gear. So farm or hit the dragon/golem and wait for 2x.  

Post your roster and where you are trying to improve and you likely will get some specific advice.
May 10, 2020, 22:0605/10/20
09/26/19
Is there a simpler way to copy your roster than alt+tabbing and typing them one by one?  I don't see any info on my profile info.
May 10, 2020, 22:1905/10/20
04/14/20

Screenshots are the easiest way to go generally... 

I've been lucky once with the 10x events (used one sacred shard during the High Elves event and immediately got Tayrel), but for ancient and void shards they're very long odds, so better to wait for the 2x as Daering said. Of course, if it's actually some rares you want as you say, then the 2x ancients event will actually decrease your chances of getting them as you're more likely to get epics instead... 

I already tried making a suggestion to include rare champions in the 10x events in the future, so as to make it easier to get specific rares that you're still missing, but I doubt they're actually going to do it. 
May 10, 2020, 22:4705/10/20
09/26/19

Legos:

Basileus Roanas - 60 - Used to use him for Arena, but don't use him much anymore

Trunda Giltmallet - 50 - Use her for Arena and Spiders.  Trying to get her to 60.  She is awesome!

Drexthar Bloodtwin - 50 - Use him for Arena, Clan Boss and Spiders - So so, but HP burn is goon until I get better replacements

Septimus - 50 - Use him for Clan boss to extend poisons and Dungeons.  Trying to gear him better.

Wurlim Frostking - 50 - Use every now and then for dungeons

Ghostborn - 50 - Use him for Spiders and some dungeons

Hakkohrn Smashlord - 50 - Don't use him for much anymore.  Not very good.

Black Knight - 47 (In the sparring pit) - Dont use him at all.  Terrible.

Epics:

Occult Brawler - 60 - Awesome Epic!  Main poisoner for Clan Boss

Zelotah - 60 - First decent healer.  Using him until I get Steelskull to 60

Skullcrusher - 60 - Amazing!  Use him for almost everything (besides spiders)

Seeker - 60 - Arena Lead until I get a speed team built

Sepulcher Sentinel - 50 - Attack Down debuffer for CB and dungeons

Stag Knight - 50 - Debuffer for most dungeons

Sandlashed Survivor - 50 - Tank for some dungeons

Steelskull - 50 - Gearing to be main healer for CB

Reinbeast - 50 - Thought I would use him for Arena, but he is just ok.  Don't use him for much.

Grizzled Jarl - 47 - Use him for some dungeons

Doompriest - 42 (in sparring pit) - Gearing up to be lead for speed arena

Mausoleum Mage - 40 - Great for dungeons.  Plant to level him up soon.

Umbral Enchantress - 40 - She is great and I plan to level her up soon

Juliana - 40 - Don't use her for much.  Thought she would be better.

Sinesha - 40 - Levelling her up for spiders

Warcaster - 40 - Don't really use

Zargala - 40 - Use for some dungeons

Oathbound - 40 - Don't Use

Whisper - 40 - Don't use

Baerdal Fellhammer - 40 - Levelling up to use in dungeons

Cardinal - 40 - Don't use

Ursine Ironhide - 40 - Don't use

Ursine Icecrusher - 40 - Don't use

Alika - 40 - Don't use

Relickeeper - 40 - Just got and levelled to 40

Dark Elhain - 40 - Use for Ice Golem

Hordin - 40 - Don't use much

Valla - 40 - Don't use much

Luria - 40 - Don't use much

Jizoh - 27 - Plan to level up

Adriel - 22 - Don't use

Kallia - 11 - Don't use

Catacomb Counselor - Under 10 - Don't use

Hellgazer - Under 10 - Don't use

Lordly Legionare - Under 10 - Just got and don't plan to level

Fang Cleric - Under 10 - Was going to be a speed alternative to Doompriest until I get better

Warden - Under 10 - Don't use

Good Rares ( I won't list the crappy ones):

Apothecary - 50 - Use a lot.  Plan to level to 60

Coldheart - 50 - Use a lot.  Plan to level to 60

Ragemonger - 50 - Used to use a lot before I got better alternatives

Preserver - 40 - Don't use much

Athel - 40 - Will level her at some point

Elhain - Will level her at some point

Marquess - 40 - Don't use

Reliquary Tender - 40 - Don't use much

The rest are mediocre at best.  I am using the sparring pit to try and level uncommons now to rank up my 50 good characters.  Starting with Trunda

May 11, 2020, 12:4405/11/20
08/26/19

TLDR - with this roster there is absolutely no reason to pull outside x2 events (exept for the thrill itself). You have all you need to beat every content in game (exept FW). 

May 11, 2020, 14:2005/11/20
09/26/19

Daering said:

TLDR - with this roster there is absolutely no reason to pull outside x2 events (except for the thrill itself). You have all you need to beat every content in game (except FW). 

Thank you.  I will just focusing on levelling up the ones I have then and pull during bonus events.  Except for rares maybe.  I am still looking to get Bellower and Warmaiden.

May 11, 2020, 14:3905/11/20
08/26/19

I have no idea of why you may need them (well, Warmaiden model looks cool, i get that :), but you already have better choice for both of them.

Still, if you want Warmaiden for your roster, you may farm The Deadlands stage instead of Brimstone Path. You can get her as drop from there. Even that drop rate is somehow low, it is way more reliable to get her from there instead of some shards. You may sacrifice some experience by farming lower stages, but you will get her eventually.

May 11, 2020, 14:5705/11/20
09/26/19

Daering said:

I have no idea of why you may need them (well, Warmaiden model looks cool, i get that :), but you already have better choice for both of them.

Still, if you want Warmaiden for your roster, you may farm The Deadlands stage instead of Brimstone Path. You can get her as drop from there. Even that drop rate is somehow low, it is way more reliable to get her from there instead of some shards. You may sacrifice some experience by farming lower stages, but you will get her eventually.

Only because it looks like they might be doing more of these "rare" only tournaments like they are doing on Dragons right now.  Bellower is great for speed farming though.
May 12, 2020, 17:0005/12/20
12/19/19
Daering is correct. You just need to farm food and level some 50s to 60. You have a great roster. Your focus should be a gold4 arena team, cb team, and improving gear along the way.
May 12, 2020, 22:1705/12/20
May 12, 2020, 22:18(edited)
08/26/19

saustinatx said:

Daering said:

Only because it looks like they might be doing more of these "rare" only tournaments like they are doing on Dragons right now.  Bellower is great for speed farming though.

Seems reasonable. It is not the path i would take but seems reasonable to be prepared if you want to participate in events like this.

Fun fact: when you just farm or clear campaign you will get all bunch of champions you don't need except for the food. Then you hunt the same champions for reasons like fuse or something they seems to never drops.

May 13, 2020, 02:0605/13/20
05/03/20
My 2nd week in the game and I have 3 warmaiden from drops on Deadlands.  I am not spending real money so I am "finding" champions wherever I can find them. 
May 14, 2020, 17:1705/14/20
May 14, 2020, 17:19(edited)
05/13/19

If we are being completely honest, You could open shards during a 10x Event to snipe a specific hero.

I mean waiting till 2x is probably best way to get good heroes.

But a 2x event doesn't let you snipe a specific champion which you might have wanted for a long time.

So yeah - 10x Events don't improve your rates to get a good hero.

However, they do improve the chances of you getting a desired hero if you have enough shards on your account to go hunting for it.

May 15, 2020, 11:0505/15/20
05/03/20
How often do 2x events happen?
May 15, 2020, 15:2205/15/20
04/13/20

ClosedPoly said:

How often do 2x events happen?

One is about to start tomorrow, but only for Void shards.

If you have any quests/missions/challenges/etc. that would drop some Void shards for you, now might be a good time to focus on those on the double.
May 15, 2020, 19:1805/15/20
03/27/20

This has been a very helpful post for me so thank you.

I'm a new F2P player with only 35 days under my belt and I just got my first sacred shard. The temptation is strong!

My roster is nowhere near what the original poster has so I'm thinking I may just open it. I have no Legendary champs but some good Epics so far (Miscreated Monster, Tayrel, Sepulcher Sentinel, Husk)  and I'm thinking adding another Epic or (figers crossed) Legendary would be really good.

Thoughts?
May 15, 2020, 19:3405/15/20
04/14/20

GSC said:

This has been a very helpful post for me so thank you.

I'm a new F2P player with only 35 days under my belt and I just got my first sacred shard. The temptation is strong!

My roster is nowhere near what the original poster has so I'm thinking I may just open it. I have no Legendary champs but some good Epics so far (Miscreated Monster, Tayrel, Sepulcher Sentinel, Husk)  and I'm thinking adding another Epic or (figers crossed) Legendary would be really good.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind, you'll very probably get a less good champion than MM and Tayrel. Even some legendaries aren't as good as those, and it's far more likely that you'll get an epic - and among non-void epics, there are maybe 5 out of more than 100 epics which are as good as MM and Tayrel. 

But if you're low on good champions (whether epic or rare) to develop, then sure, you can try. You have a good chance that you'll get a champion you can use for at least some things, even if it's not a legendary or god-tier epic. 

Also, in case you hadn't heard, there's a 2x void event starting tomorrow, so if you also got a void shard by any chance, definitely wait. 
May 17, 2020, 01:2505/17/20
05/03/20
I opened 2 voids today on the 2x.  Got 1 epic and 2 rares.  All are duds.  lol