All Categories

Faction Arena suggestion

Faction Arena suggestion

Search
Apr 27, 2020, 04:4504/27/20
04/01/20

Faction Arena suggestion

Hello, I recently started playing Raid Shadow legends, and I think thus far it's a very quality game. Great graphics and a variety of things to do for players. I personally enjoy each of the different game modes or options that are present. I would like to make a suggestion though, that I think could improve player agency. I've browsed forums a bit and spoke to players in game, and there's a couple of things that come up as gripes, aside from the cost of different purchases. The suggestion is; A second arena system for Faction specific teams. Faction based arena teams. 

The Pros

1) It creates or adds value for "Dupes". I've seen people comment on how frustrating it is to receive multiples of the same legendary or epic. Creating a faction based arena would allow players to incorporate "Dupes" in a meaningful fashion. 

2) It's a new game mode which builds upon other existing game modes. Faction Wars already exist and there are champions that see use in faction wars that wouldn't typically see use outside of faction wars. This provides a way to keep those champions that you've invested time and resources into relevant. I.E. I've built up a decent Dwarf team for faction wars, but i have different champions from other factions that I would use over each of them in every other scenario. However, collectively, they might be the best team I could introduce into the arena as a collective whole. 

3) Class fantasy. I'm sure every player has their favorite faction or two. This would allow players to pursue an avenue for building up their favorite factions and seeing how they compare to other teams from other factions. 

4) Champion value. This idea isn't limited to increasing value for only "Dupes" but all champions in general. Currently, when you buy a pack or open shards it's a bad feeling to get champions that have essentially been banished to the shadow realms. This idea would just incorperate another reason for a player to open a shard and say, "Well, this champion might not be better than what I have for X game mode, but it could really help my Y team for faction arena. 

5) It's another game mode. Players like options. This would offer players more options for things to do in the game. I don't think anyone would argue that creating options for your player base is a negative. 

6) New/more rewards. This would create another avenue for players to receive rewards or new elements for tournaments or events. Yes, Plarium would be handing out more free things. However, it would create more demand and purchases. 

7) Balance. I think overall it would be easier to balance than regular arena teams, because players aren't introducing top tier champions from across the map to play on their team. Players may have a couple OP champions from the same faction, but the odds of them having every top tier champion from a single faction are lower than the odds of them having 4 top tier champions in general. 

The Cons

1) It would take Plarium time to incorporate or produce this option. 

All in all I personally think this could be a great addition to an already fantastic game. I'm sure there are many others that would find it to be fun, or would appreciate it being added to the game. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I'm looking forward to reading the feedback! 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 27, 2020, 06:5304/27/20
02/13/19

Hi, 

Thanks for your suggestion. :)
Apr 27, 2020, 07:1104/27/20
04/01/20
Of course! Would you mind just sharing what your opinion is on that? Like, do you think it's realistic or a good idea? Anything I might've overlooked when sharing this idea? Thanks again for your time! 
Apr 27, 2020, 09:1304/27/20
06/22/19

Another Cons. Majority of new players here in the forum are more on "if can't do it, complain" mentality. This can be their possible complains:

This is end game players arena only. 

I'm in bronze, all of my match listings are all level 60

Can't pass the first boss in faction wars, how can I even do faction war arena?

And there are a lot more complains that you never think of that someone will complain like "kael is op! Nerf him!

Seriously, I like the idea as long as this is not arena of same faction only. Example, dwarf vs dwarf only. It should be like I can do a high elf team vs dwarf team. 

Apr 27, 2020, 09:2804/27/20
04/01/20

JoinME said:

Another Cons. Majority of new players here in the forum are more on "if can't do it, complain" mentality. This can be their possible complains:

This is end game players arena only. 

I'm in bronze, all of my match listings are all level 60

Can't pass the first boss in faction wars, how can I even do faction war arena?

And there are a lot more complains that you never think of that someone will complain like "kael is op! Nerf him!

Seriously, I like the idea as long as this is not arena of same faction only. Example, dwarf vs dwarf only. It should be like I can do a high elf team vs dwarf team. 

Yes, it would be you can play any team comp you want as long as all of the champions are from the same faction. Same for setting up your defense. I.E. Dwarf vs Dark Elves, Undead vs Demonspawn, etc. I also think this would help new players actually. You might pull a rare barbarian that isn't great for faction wars, but would be great for faction arena. Additionally, you only need 4 champions from one faction to start. Level them up, throw them in, and as your champion pool expands your team flexibility would expand also. Every player would face a similar climb in that regard. 

Apr 27, 2020, 14:1604/27/20
12/19/19
I would rather have a separate arena where you could not use legendary or duplicate heroes. 
Jun 15, 2020, 15:0706/15/20
09/12/19
When will there be new factions types open?