All Categories

Need help - clueless in Arena

Search
Apr 26, 2020, 10:5404/26/20
01/16/20

Hello all.

Been playing actively for a month or 2, haven't really fo used on clan bossing yet, and somehow I seem stuck in Arena. 

Any chance you could help me choose an arena and clan boss specific team?

I have:

Athel (60, ascended, level 5 masteries, level 16 gear crit rate and attack, 150 Spd) 

Other 60 (bit behind on equipment: 

Steelskull, fellhound, romero

Level 50:

Miscreated monster, elhain, skullcrusher, doompriest, vrask, zelotah, relic keeper, jingle hunter, apothecary, rearguard sergeant, exemplar, gałek and ultimate, battlesage, g jarl, spirit host and warmaiden obviously. Pain keeper, haruspex, oath bound, steadfast Marshall, retainer, diabolist, outlaw monk, Warden, teshada, missionary, necrohunter, captain temila, pitiless one, taurus, canonness, seeker, marksman, vergis, towering titan. 

I would really appreciate help. I don't seem to get the balance right 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 26, 2020, 15:4404/26/20
12/19/19

Step 1: Do not create another 50. You need 60s to progress

Step 2: only 60 those who will be viable for gold arena, NM CB, and level 20 dungeons 

Step 3: make decisions on books wisely, incorporate into 60 decisions 

You have an abundance of 60 worthy heroes at 50. Couple questions:

1. Which of your 50s have books 

2. How many books do you have 

3. f2p or p2p

4. Current arena team and what tier

5. What level dungeons are you at

50s you will definitely get to 60:

Apothecary 

Zelotah 

Skullcrusher 

Miscreated monster 

Rearguard sergeant 

And others... wow lots of really good ones

Apr 26, 2020, 16:4504/26/20
01/16/20

First of all, thank you for taking the time to help :). well appreciated

secondly, happy to hear I have lots of good ones. (I did somehow burn a Kathun with a missclick). I forgot to mention I also have the obvious dark athel / elhain - but so far they dont look too sharp to me.

1. Elhain's skills fully done. Besides this, no other is really advanced when it comes to skill upgrades. 

2. have around 5-6 available of each rare and epic (I was a dumbass)

3. F2P 

4. Silver 1/2 -  I use 

a) Jingle or Spirit or apothecary

b) Always Athel (30K power)

c) Romero (has saved me often) or miscreated monster

d) relickeeper or elhain or exemplar

5. Dungeons: Mino - final, spider/Ice/drag/fire - 10-12. But I have not focused enough on dungeons from what I have been reading and mainly on leveling. Im sure that with the right setups I can get a bit further.

example: Spider, my ultimate galek is quite weak so Im not using his HP burn properly.

thanks again :)

Apr 26, 2020, 17:3004/26/20
Apr 26, 2020, 17:32(edited)
12/19/19
I was a dumbass too. Elhain starter, wasted books... luckily you have good roster to recover. Wish I had ult galek, spider only thing holding me back.  I'll add more later. Probably want to 60 monster first, how close are you on food. You should be doing dragon 13 at least soon.
Apr 26, 2020, 18:3604/26/20
01/16/20

Hey

I can do dragon 12 currently on auto (2 min). Needs tweaks for 13 as my steelskull is weak there.

So next, get get rearguard miscreated zelothah skullcrusher and apoth to level 6? My athel can farm 12-3 brutal, will need some days :) 
Apr 26, 2020, 22:0904/26/20
Apr 26, 2020, 22:20(edited)
06/19/17

I would suggest focusing on miscreated monster first. He is insanely useful for progress in dungeons.

He is not bad in arena either because of his stuns, he is well worth booking. But my suggestion never book until the champion is level 60. You never know if things has changed.

For your arena team remember speed is king. Find all of you best speed gear and put it on apothecary. Make sure to have decent speed on the rest of your team. The trick is the speed boost should get your next champions to go rigth after)

Arena nuking team could be in speed order:

Apothecary (prioritise speed, and secondly def/hp)

Seeker (with two speed boosters you can focus on dps on nukers) (prioritise speed, and secondly def/hp, accuarcy can benefit aswell)

Warmaiden (needs good accuracy, benefits from dps gear. If you have the rare books that will be beneficial too)

Kael (needs to be level 60, decently high crit rate 60-100. good crit damage and some attack in gear)

Alternative team could be:

Apothecary

Miscreated monster (with cc from miscreated monster will help alot)

Warmaiden

Kael

or:

Apothecary 

Jingle hunter (Make him leader for speed aura)

Warmaiden

Kael 

Edit: I just realized your 60 were athel not kael. So swap her in at fourth spot. Whoever does the most aoe damage currently.

Apr 26, 2020, 22:1904/26/20
06/19/17

Clanboss suggestion

But regardsless i see a few good champions.

1. Skullcrusher (for counterattack)

2. Steelskull (poison and remove debuff - stun)

3. Rearguard sergeant (decrease def, ally protection, and some heal)

These 3 will be good and are worth 6-starring. I doubt reard guard sergeant will be a reliable decrease attacker once you reach nigthmare but im guessing you are before that.

4. Marksman? unless you have better poisoner. I doubt he would really be good longterm so i would hold on with 6-starring him.

If you have frozen banshee from the battlepass she could be 5th.
Apr 28, 2020, 02:3904/28/20
11/28/19

your best champions are, in no order:

miscreated monster

steelskull

skullcrusher

miscreated monster is the best arena champion of the 3, he is also the best spider champion

steelskull is great for clan boss, most dungeons, not so great for arena

skullcrusher is great for clan boss, some dungeons, top tier for fireknight, and in some cases arena

The above 3 are top tier for end game in specific areas. You have other very good champions and the best ones after that are debatable but include

doompriest (just about everything)

rearguard sergeant (clan boss, dungeons)

zelotah (some dungeons, can be good in some arena teams)

seeker (arena excellent, some dungeons)

apothecary (very good in most things)

captain temilia (dungeon carry)

vergis (dungeon carry)

The one thing I would say about your account it has very good support champions.

If it was me, I would concentrate on getting miscreated monster up. He is end game top tier in Spider, excellent in most dungeons, and very good in arena. He is also a capable farmer (bit slow, but will get it done).

A viable arena team would be jingle hunter (lead), apothecary or seeker (speed boost, I recommend apothecary because he has more uses), miscreated monster, and a rotating 4th. This could be a solid team. It would be nice to add a top grade nuker or control toon. You could go very defensive and use skullcrusher and miscreated monster together, let skullcrusher cast his counter attack and after he gets low heal him and have miscreated monster ally protect for a very tanky team. 

Apr 28, 2020, 14:5004/28/20
12/19/19
Rcw is right about having a roster for a tanky arena team. With Romero already 60 I would do skullcrusher romero monster and idk 4th (seeker, zelotah, apo, doompriest, rearguard). Plenty of options really. I am gold4 with skullcrusher, zelotah, gorg, karl on defense usually use monster instead of gorg on offense 
Apr 29, 2020, 11:2804/29/20
11/28/19

My first gold 4 team was teela goremane as lead in shield set, sinesha, relickeeper, and skullcrusher. I didn't have a speed lead, so I let them go first and just tanked it. Relickeeper with counter attack gets a lot of turns and all of those champions are tanky.

If I was going full tank on that team, I would consider doompriest for the auto cleanse. Since doompriest doesn't have a big heal, to be useful needs teams with survivability to let that aoe heal do work over time. 

Apr 29, 2020, 12:2204/29/20
12/19/19
Doompriest is also good because you need 0 books