All Categories

The Solution to Rotos

The Solution to Rotos

Search
Apr 23, 2020, 23:2804/23/20
06/06/19

The Solution to Rotos

By now most people recognize that Rotos has unique abilities that allow him to dominating the arena. The vast majority of top tier player use him and some top tier players use him twice. For those people who were unable to acquire him during the fusion event and for post-Rotos new players, this can be very frustrating.

Traditionally, Plarium has dealt with these “overpowered” champions in one of two ways. They re-balance (or “nerf”) the champion, or they introduce a new champion with special abilities designed to counter the OP champion. In the case of Tormin, they did both.

The problem with “nerfing” is that players who invested a great deal of time and/or money to acquire a champion through fusion feel deceived. I can certainly appreciate that, but I would add that Plarium re-balances champions all the time. Many players spend time and money to acquire legendary skill books and equipment for a particular champion only to have that champion re-balanced six or twelve months later. It’s part of this game (and most online games for that matter), and by now most people should be aware of that.

But the second way to address the problem may be more appealing – introducing a champion with new abilities that can counter Rotos. Here are just a couple ideas.

Ability #1: Ignore Damage Limitation. This might seem odd, but it’s no more odd than Ignore Unkillable or Ignore Block Damage (both of which Rotos has). The parallels are so obvious they need no further explanation.

Ability #2: True Resurrection - Ignores Block Resurrection. Again, if you can have a champion that ignores the Unkillable condition, then there is no reason why you can’t have a champion that ignores the opposite.

Sure, these abilities would shake things up a bit, but there is one thing I have discovered about this game – in the arena, you evolve, or you die.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 24, 2020, 00:3904/24/20
06/22/19

Oh another Rotos thread. Can't kill Rotos?