All Categories

Adapting  Arena Mission difficulties to PvE missions difficulties

Adapting Arena Mission difficulties to PvE missions difficulties

Search
Apr 23, 2020, 10:5104/23/20
11/14/19

Adapting Arena Mission difficulties to PvE missions difficulties

Hello guys !

I fell a bit frustrated with the missions. It is clear that is was designed at the start of the game when the competion and the power of team in each tier was lower. But with time and the growing number of players, the power cap for each arena tier (at least low one like bronze, silver and gold) is way higher then before.

At the moment I have a mission asking me to get 50 silver or gold medal (I barely acheive to silver 1 by refreshing to get wintrader guys) when the PvE mission are to clean "difficult" dungeons.

So at the moment I need an arena team with at least 60-70K power to match the low silver average when every single member of my team can solo brutal difficulty of dungeon (and only difficult is require).

It is really frustrating and it's an easy point to adjust (like asking for bronze medal and/or lower arena tier for missions with arena tier).

What's your tough about that ? And any chance to have a feedback from someone "in charge" to understand it properly ?

Thank for reading and your answers !

(Ps: Dunno why but I can't post in suggestion forum, so this one was the more suitable for my post).
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 23, 2020, 13:5404/23/20
03/20/20
100% agree.
Apr 23, 2020, 15:4804/23/20
04/22/20
100% Agree too!!
Apr 23, 2020, 16:2404/23/20
04/14/20

I also agree and sorry to tell you it'll get worse - when you're a bit further along you'll get a mission requiring you to unlock one level 4 Great Hall bonus (so requiring a minimum of 400 silver medals, plus however many bronze ones you still need at that point). And quickly after, another one requiring you to unlock a 2nd level 4 bonus. I did the first one and now working on the second, while the campaign missions are still at the level of 'earn 3 stars on stage 7 of Godfrey's Crossing in Hard', which I've done on Brutal, nevermind Hard, already weeks ago. 

And then, strangely, the next arena mission after that is simply to reach Silver II. Seriously, do they expect us to grind all those 800 silver medals for the earlier missions from Silver I, at just 1 medal per fight?  

So the Arena missions are definitely holding back progress, it would be nice if they toned them down a bit or put them further along in the mission list... though that being said, the Great Hall is definitely very important and we will really need those bonuses in the mid- and end-game, so kind of makes sense that the progress missions force us to do a lot of Arena fights and level up the GH. 

Apr 23, 2020, 16:5304/23/20
Apr 23, 2020, 16:57(edited)
03/20/20

L9753 said:

I also agree and sorry to tell you it'll get worse - when you're a bit further along you'll get a mission requiring you to unlock one level 4 Great Hall bonus (so requiring a minimum of 400 silver medals, plus however many bronze ones you still need at that point). And quickly after, another one requiring you to unlock a 2nd level 4 bonus. I did the first one and now working on the second, while the campaign missions are still at the level of 'earn 3 stars on stage 7 of Godfrey's Crossing in Hard', which I've done on Brutal, nevermind Hard, already weeks ago. 

And then, strangely, the next arena mission after that is simply to reach Silver II. Seriously, do they expect us to grind all those 800 silver medals for the earlier missions from Silver I, at just 1 medal per fight?  

So the Arena missions are definitely holding back progress, it would be nice if they toned them down a bit or put them further along in the mission list... though that being said, the Great Hall is definitely very important and we will really need those bonuses in the mid- and end-game, so kind of makes sense that the progress missions force us to do a lot of Arena fights and level up the GH. 

Absolutely agree 100%. 

I experimented exactly the same feelings last days as a new player. Developers should really consider reorganizing those missions.

If there are many people who say it, maybe there will be a reason, right?

Apr 23, 2020, 16:5704/23/20
11/14/19

Thank you for the answers ! I'm hoping more we agreed to this, better are the chance they take a lot at this.

Since it's a quiet easy problem to adress, we can hope that they took a bit of time to "fix it".

L9753, I completely agree with the fact that the mission is a good way to show us important stuff we should look into. Like showing for spirit boss that prevent healing really helps (silly example I know but you get the point). But it might be smarter to adjust the position. Like in your case this mission should pop at the time you have nightmare difficulty associed missons. :)

Hopefully more people will "endorse" this and dev. will take a closer look to it ! :)

Apr 23, 2020, 18:1004/23/20
05/20/18
How long have you guys been playing so far? 
Apr 23, 2020, 18:4604/23/20
04/14/20
Dragonslump said:

A little over a hundred days. To be clear, the problem is not so much that it takes too long to grind those arena points, but that clearly the arena missions tend to require much further progress than the campaign/dungeon missions - by the time you finally finish one of those arena missions, you can just click through the next ten or fifteen following missions or finish them almost instantly. 
Apr 23, 2020, 20:0904/23/20
10/26/19
Agreed. I managed to finish those missions only bcz I got the perfect speed lego for the arena. I basically skipped the silver tier. Without a proper team it's very hard to rank up. 
Apr 24, 2020, 04:4204/24/20
05/20/18

L9753 said:

Dragonslump said:

A little over a hundred days. To be clear, the problem is not so much that it takes too long to grind those arena points, but that clearly the arena missions tend to require much further progress than the campaign/dungeon missions - by the time you finally finish one of those arena missions, you can just click through the next ten or fifteen following missions or finish them almost instantly. 

Yes, its true, i needed 9 months to finish all the progression tasks and the arena ones at the beggining were the ones were i spent most of my time (that and the last one with the spider...). However that forces you to improve on your gear and lvl up your champions which eventually you are going to need anyway. I was not really frustrated about it, just recognised i was not strong enough at that point.

Apr 24, 2020, 06:0004/24/20
02/13/19

Hi, Guys!

First of all, the suggestion section has been closed, but you can write your suggestions here or on our Official Discord Server.

Second thing: power is not important and it isn't usually truthful.

Third thing: those progress missions are there to make the game more difficult and it takes several months to complete them all. They HAVE to be hard to complete because it's a very important part of the game. Don't ask to make things easier.
Apr 24, 2020, 06:5504/24/20
04/22/20

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

First of all, the suggestion section has been closed, but you can write your suggestions here or on our Official Discord Server.

Third thing: those progress missions are there to make the game more difficult and it takes several months to complete them all. They HAVE to be hard to complete because it's a very important part of the game. Don't ask to make things easier.

Hi Valdys,

We agree on the fact that these missions should be difficult.

We just disagree on the difference of difficulty between the campaign missions and the arean ones.

We are just asking you to rebalance the difficulty between both.

Thanks
Apr 24, 2020, 07:3704/24/20
02/13/19
Yothope said:

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

Hi Valdys,

We just disagree on the difference of difficulty between the campaign missions and the arean ones.

Thanks
Campaign missions are retroactive... so they're more like "free stuff".
Apr 24, 2020, 09:1504/24/20
11/14/19

Hello ! 

Thank you for the answers.

I think that something is unclear for you. It's the arena part of the game is evolving when the PvE part is fixed.

As a example, I was playing the game in january and I was with my current team able to make it to silver and grind a bit of silver medals. Then I stopped for a fewx months and came back a few days ago. Now I can barely make it to bronze 4 (I'm bronze 3 most of the time) with the exact same team. Because obviously player are getting better with time and there is not an unlimited number of seats at higher tiers.

If you started the game 6months ago for instance, whats was called difficult for you is more nightmare for us ! :p 

I don't know when the game was realeased, a year ago or more ? And so the state of the game at the time was really different. And what was a logical evolution for the missions are not anymore.

For me it is like if at school one day they asked you to resolved Fourrier transformation by matricial calculation and the they after to resolve a simple math addition like 7+3. 

Those mission fells like they are supposed t help you in your progression to make sure you upgrade properly your champions/gears, that you adapt your way of playing to the challenge. But at the moment you just need a team that can actually clear all the PvE content of mission. I'm only part 2/4 on the very first missions. Which is getting 1 artifact lvl 16, 1 champ lvl 50,... And I already have champ lvl 60, full gear lvl 16... And I'm for away of getting a single silver medal...

Ps: I'm aware that power do not make the team. But when you can still see that Bronze 4 is around 50-90K team power, with synergies and proper stuff.
May 1, 2020, 21:1805/01/20
11/14/19

Valdys said:

Yothope said:

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

Hi Valdys,

Thanks

Nearly nothing is retroactive. Just to make sure to be even more frustrating. 

Like asking to make a level 16 artifact when you already have plenti, or clean lvl 3 (or +) of dungeons in auto 5 times, getting useless lesser potions...

So yeah they are free because the previous missions is completely over difficult compared to the incoming missions (as mention by everyone here). But you still need to spend energy, time and money to complete it (only mission that you cannot do again like get 3 stars for this stuff are self completed).

And link to the topic, reward are most of the time a joke. Like getting a 4* gear when previous missions make sure you need 4-6* to be completed. So it's really a bigger problem then I taught (I wasn't looking at rewards before).
May 19, 2020, 12:3105/19/20
07/25/19
I agree that arena and PVE missions should be separated out. The difficulty of the arena ones is dependent on other players, whereas the other ones dont change. I am stuck on an arena mission but the next few campaign and dungeon missions are things I have already done. Having previously worked to make my way through the missions, i no longer find them useful.
May 19, 2020, 12:3905/19/20
07/25/19
Valdys said:

Yothope said:

Valdys said:

Hi, Guys!

Hi Valdys,

Thanks
I dont think campaign missions were designed to be 'retroactive', they have become so as the arena has become more competitive, so this is in effect an admission that the missions are out of sync.