All Categories

Idea: Tribute to the Gods

Search
Apr 21, 2020, 18:0604/21/20
02/20/20

[Motivation]

There are many amazing champions that new players have missed out on, take Rotos and Tormin as great fusion examples before March, and after that we get Celian and Skull Lord. As optimistic as I am about new champions that are amazing down the line, I take a look at my Celian and Skull Lord and just think about their 2k damage vs. 200k damage + perm. freeze.

There is also a lack of long term goals to work towards after Arbiter missions. When Arbiter was out of reach, the missions were so purposeful, guiding my actions day by day. Now there is just Great Hall and Faction Wars, all very hollow and repetitive.

[Tribute to the Gods]

Tribute to the Gods takes place in a [Temple] where Telerian gods are worshipped with sacrifices. Like fusions, but more demanding, you can obtain a legacy champion of renown at great cost. The costs can include:

1. Huge amount (5-10k) of Gold Arena tokens

2. Huge amount of shards (200 void or 500 ancient or 50 sacred depending on reward)

3. Existing legendary dupes (any) -- solves your dupe problem

4. A huge silver or gem cost too

5. Full set of 6 star relentless gear for example (to slow down Krakens)

In return you will get your long awaited legendary of choice, where only a small selection of high quality champions are available from old fusions.

We would design this so that Whales/Krakens do not have a instant buy possibility, and they too must grind out the arena tokens or slowly accumulate void shards (no fast way to get void or sacred).

[Free to Play]

We also should design this so that it is possible, just very slow, for free to play players to obtain this. Nothing should be easy about it, and it should be at least as hard as getting Arbiter, if not more. 

My hope is this gives players hope - that the champions they can never get lucky on, no matter how well they play or how hard they try (financially or otherwise) ----- can EVENTUALLY be achieved.

Just make it very hard.
Views
Comments