All Categories

Power Level of Champions

Power Level of Champions

Search
Apr 21, 2020, 04:0304/21/20
03/30/20

Power Level of Champions

I don't know why it means so much to me to understand what is going on exactly, but it is stressing me out. 

I have a Martyr (Lvl 60) who is Asscended twice, in lifesteal and speed gear. She has a ring (lvl 12,) everything else is lvl 16. (no amulet or banner.) Her power is 17.5K. 

I also have my starter, Elhain (lvl 60,) fully ascended... in two sets of divine offense, and one regular offense. She also only has a ring (lvl 12) and all her artifacts are at lever 16. but she is at power 33.3 K.

I don't understand how power is calculated, which is leading me to believe I am missing something that is important and preventing my team from being better than it could be. 

I do understand sub stats, and that I should "aim" for particular ones... but overall, as far as champion "power" goes, those should almost cancel out, because they are going to have the same amount of substats, unless I have an epic or legendary, at which point those particular skills get a boost, which elhain does... but that shouldn't be account for doubling the entire power should it? Not to mention, a legendary shouldn't be worried about going "toe-to-toe" with a rare. 

I appreciate any help!
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 21, 2020, 04:1404/21/20
02/13/19

Hi,

Don't look at power, it's not important... it depends on resistance, crit rate/dmg and main stat (the one you see in the skill description).
Apr 21, 2020, 05:2604/21/20
03/30/20
The reason I am concerned is the arena... I have a team power of about 67K with Nethril, Apothecary, Martyr and Aothar... and I beat team with about about 90K or less... but I dare not challenge someone who has a team of people that I feel like I can beat if their team power is 120... I want strike that fear haha.
Apr 21, 2020, 06:1604/21/20
02/13/19
BrandonS1701 said:

The reason I am concerned is the arena... I have a team power of about 67K with Nethril, Apothecary, Martyr and Aothar... and I beat team with about about 90K or less... but I dare not challenge someone who has a team of people that I feel like I can beat if their team power is 120... I want strike that fear haha.
Again, don't look at power. :)
Apr 21, 2020, 12:5404/21/20
12/19/19
Post a picture of the two hero stats you are comparing and someone will explain.  
Apr 22, 2020, 16:4404/22/20
01/31/20
Valdys said:

BrandonS1701 said:

If "power" is meaningless, then why is it there?  It shows on every Champion Page.  It shows on every Arena Team.  
Apr 23, 2020, 04:4904/23/20
02/13/19
WileyMan said:

Valdys said:

BrandonS1701 said:

If "power" is meaningless, then why is it there?  It shows on every Champion Page.  It shows on every Arena Team.  
To increase the player power, that it's needed for clan ranking.
Apr 23, 2020, 14:1004/23/20
01/31/20
Valdys said:

WileyMan said:

Valdys said:

BrandonS1701 said:

To increase the player power, that it's needed for clan ranking.
That is very confusing.  I am sure that most players assume that it is a comparative rating and that any given 40K champion would be stronger than any given 20K champion. 
Apr 27, 2020, 15:2904/27/20
Apr 27, 2020, 15:34(edited)
01/12/20

WileyMan said:

Valdys said:

BrandonS1701 said:

Power is NOT meaningless. People who say that are being simplistic, and/or don't know what they're talking about.

It's more precise to say that power is not a real stat, itself, the way Attack and Resist are. It doesn't do anything. Instead, it's a sort of report on how many points your champ has in certain statistics and other measurements, not all of which is known or understood.

But there ARE multiple reasons to pay attention to it:

• First, and most incontrovertible, you can scare people away from attacking your Defense team, or draw them in to attacking it, based on whether your Team Power is high or low. There are many known ways to game this, so you can get more wins or fewer losses. 
  • Second, you would be wise to consider team power when deciding who to attack in Arena. But it's only one factor. It tells you, in a broad way, how much the team is pumped up with artifacts, Great Hall stats, and so on. It is imprecise, and can be gamed, but watching it will increase your success rate when attacking enemy teams. 

Of course you should focus as much or more attention on which champs they have, and whether their Aura is speed. For example, even if you don't know champs you can gauge in generalities based on, for example, rarity. Four Legendaries MIGHT be weak enough for you to beat with your epic/rare team, but it's more likely to beat you than four commons would be. And pretty quickly you'll learn to avoid certain speed champs, and the halloween champs, and so on.

And you definitely should remember to check the rank of each champ, and the ascensions, and the level. Obviously. THESE at least are exact. Just not the only factors.

One thing you cannot get even a hint on, by the way, is whether their skills are booked up. I suppose the best thing is to just assume they are.

But power DOES communicate some useful information about the power of a champ or team, overall. It's just not exact, and should be taken as part of an overall assessment.

Apr 28, 2020, 02:0804/28/20
01/12/20

Here is the latest youtube reveal.

Elhain stats 

Skill One: 2 times when crit)  2.2*atk 

Skill Two (inc c. rate 30%)  4*atk 

Skill Three: (AoE, 2 times) 1.9*atk

Martyr Stats:

Skill one: 3.4*def

Skill three 4*def AoE

A guy from Russia and his friends calculated this, but as you can see Elhain hits for 2.2 times her attack number and martyr hits for 3.4 times her defense number. Look at these numbers on your champions as see who should be hitting harder. Some fo the numbers may have been changed during a patch. These were accurate when they were calculated.

Apr 28, 2020, 10:0404/28/20
08/26/19

Can you please post link to that video, cuz those numbers are not corect by large margin (acording to the sourse I use).

I would like to see the process behind that cslculations. 

Apr 28, 2020, 10:4504/28/20
02/13/19
Daering said:

Can you please post link to that video, cuz those numbers are not corect by large margin (acording to the sourse I use).

I would like to see the process behind that cslculations. 

If I'm not wrong, Stewgaming posted them, but they're not official, of course.
Apr 28, 2020, 11:0104/28/20
08/26/19

Right off the bat i can see something is off about Elhain multipliers from the @NoSpam post.

Elhain's A2 fires two shots - first one is a single target, next is an AoE hit. It obvious the first shot has different modifier than the next Aoe and it's almost double (not quite, but close).

So... as the spreadsheet itself is an good idea, I am more interested in calculation process behind it - you know, how the data was gathered and such.

Apr 28, 2020, 12:3004/28/20
01/12/20

@ Daering The explanation is in Russian, but I'll give you the link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2BSNY7FvvQ

Here is an explanation of teh Russian video someone posted on Salts vid: 

Andrey Dvornikov  15 hours ago 

@Omen2005 there is a video in Russian where this guy explains how he came to these conclusions. he basically went to campaign and tested the same skill on neutral affinity enemies 10 times, taking into account only the normal hits (displayed in red). then he found out the average (adding up damage and dividing by 10) and then divided this number by the stat that damage scales off of. there's a disclaimer that the champions might have been rebalanced in later patches and their multipliers altered. also, he only did champions whom he or his friends got. but obviously, everyone can test any champ they have themselves.

Stewgaming and Salt both did videos on it. It would be great if you could double check the results or present what your testing has come up with.

Apr 28, 2020, 13:1104/28/20
Apr 28, 2020, 13:12(edited)
08/26/19

Thank you for the added info, I watched Stew video and will check that russian guy (my russian understanding is as bad as my English, hehehe).

I hold only respect* for those that are willing to dig for extra data, burning time and resources in the process and then share it with the community. I want this to be clear.

My responce was more of a side note of why we have different numbers for the same skill. 

One thing worth mentioning is that collecting data from 10 variables is somehow... hm, unsufficient enough? But, hey, I am not the one burning time and energy into this, so can't be picky here. 

*not sure this is corect phrase :) 

Apr 28, 2020, 15:0304/28/20
01/12/20
Yes, I understand your meaning. There is a yoututber named Murder inc. and he recommends a testing sample of 1000 for all his tests, but as you said, the energy cost, is a problem. it would be nice if Plarium released this information themselves. OR if it was free to remove artifacts, maybe people could do a little more testing than they do currently.
Apr 28, 2020, 17:0804/28/20
Apr 28, 2020, 17:08(edited)
08/26/19

NoSpam said:

...Murder inc....

That guys is some sort of wizard, no doubt about that, I follow him from day one. Probably one of the most informative channels.

If you are interested, there is an online resource i sometime refer to. Multiplier champion data base is almost nonexistent and there is no update and activity there almost an year, but you may check that testing process  and some of the conclusions.Now that is something that seems like actual data gathering. All credits go to Beerwalker for his efforts to help the community.

Game mechanics summary. Gearing calculator by Beerwalker