All Categories

Melee characters animations disappoint me.

Search
Apr 18, 2020, 14:5304/18/20
09/09/19

I'll start by saying graphics are nice and animations are really good so just you know.

After getting like 10 melee champs i use regularly i started to see a pattern and finally when i got my Stag Knight (which looks awesome) i was very very disappointed with melee champ animation design.

The problem is, nearly all melee skills shoot lazers. Like Athel shoots lazers, Fenax shoots lazers and after crimson helm and stacks of others my favorites when i got Stag Knight, both his skills shoot lazers!

Now i just got my lizard crypt team up and running and everyone just shoots lazers!

Oh and just got Myrmidon which looks nice and i thought taking to 60 for funsies. So when i lvld him 40 in tavern and rolled on battlefield his 1 skill was like arrows just flying from somewhere. Omg! So into the vault goes Myrmidon for looking stupid. 

So please. Melee animation for most melee champs. Every hit doesnt have to connect perfectly, for example Fenax could hit few swings while taking few steps at same time with his a2.

Or just make like short whirlwind strike whatever. 

I really like the game but this looks like 2 teams just shooting each other. 

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 18, 2020, 15:2604/18/20
08/26/19

Man, most of the females warriors are on high heels! it can't be that bad that some melee warriors shoot lightning from their eyes.

Ok, sorry, I have to...
Apr 18, 2020, 16:4504/18/20
Apr 18, 2020, 16:46(edited)
09/09/19

Your portrait is from Arcanum of Steamworks and magic obscura, loved the game and elephant gun.

I'd be less irritated about all characters fighting on high heels if melee looked like melee. Why have swords and halberdiers? Just put magic stick on everybody and everyone shoot lazers like its New Hope debute in theatre. 
Apr 18, 2020, 17:5604/18/20
Apr 18, 2020, 17:59(edited)
08/26/19

On more serious note - yes, you are right about some of the animations. Some of them look not bad and still don't feel correct. But after almost 8 months in game I have learned one important thing = there are two paths one can follow. I think English saying for that is "take it or leave it" (or something like that :)) I personaly found that after realizing that I started to actually enjoy the game? 

Bad AI? Fuck it, I am smarter than that, still can beat Spider 20 auto. Restrictions? Well, then autoclick is the way. F2p? Why not, harder the goal - the sweetest the achivement. You see? The only thing that still botter me from time to time is my broken English. 

That's the reality - Raid is good game, you can learn yourself how to make it fun and enjoyable, just don't rely on Plarium for that. Lower your hopes, don't take it too seriously when some moderator thank you for your suggestions, get back to game and find your own way to enjoy.  

*edit - it is irony eh. From Arcanum to Raid. That's long way from home. 😂 

Apr 18, 2020, 18:0604/18/20
Apr 18, 2020, 21:23(edited)
09/09/19

As i said. Graphics are nice and animations look good. Been playing something like 6-8 months. Like the game.

Still, this isn't about spider 20. This is about melee animations being of bad design.

More boob/buttnaked armors, high heels and melee animations please! 

Apr 18, 2020, 23:3504/18/20
02/13/19

Hi, Guys!

Thanks for your feedback. :)
Apr 19, 2020, 10:4504/19/20
09/09/19

Hey. Thanks for reading the post even if it derailed quickly :)

But my original point was please make more melee'ish animations for melee characters.

Graphics and animations are quality but design tilts more towards shooting which looks really good on most archers and mages, but leaves melee lacking.

Sandlashed Survivor was more recent example of better ones with nice 2 swing a1 and final fantasylike a2 lash with dust rolling through field. 

And as i said. Stag Knight was so disappointing just standing and shooting with cool looking armor, shield and halberd.

Apr 19, 2020, 21:3204/19/20
06/19/17

I agree with you points. I would not say it would be my number one priority if I were Plarium. But since one of the main selling points of raid compared to similar games is graphics I would have some design guidelines setup.

It just look ridicolous then people with maces and axes just put them in the air and nuke four enemies. One of the worst implementations is probaly cillian the lucky using a lance as a slashing weapon.

On a sidenote since stag knigth was brougth up. Seing his big shield I immediately though cool defense champion. but meh nothing in his kit indicates his cool shield. It is nice when graphics and gameplay creates immersion.
Apr 27, 2020, 08:3604/27/20
Apr 27, 2020, 18:46(edited)
09/09/19

You're on the point. And I stress, most characters look at least good if not very good. Archer and caster animations are mostly really good quality and design.

This bugs me most about this game even if theres still lot to develop and make better, 

Because I like to play battles manually and watch like 50% of my autobattles too.